Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times

Advertisements

Town of Duncan:

Grand Foodstuff on West Main Street (SC-290) has closed. Its site is for sale.

Another store was closed in Greer. I wonder if the chain has ceased operations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Where is Kirklands going in Spartanburg? I saw an ad for their new Spartanburg store. They used to be in Westgate Mall.
Kirkland's and Mighty Dollar are opening at Westgate Crossing, adjacent to Westgate Mall.

Kirkland's, Mighty Dollar coming to west-side Spartanburg shopping center

Sub Station II will occupy the former Carolina First on John B. White Sr. Boulevard. Renovations are underway. I do not know if this will be an additional location or a relocation of the existing store at 115 East Blackstock Road.

Bowen's Landing, a restuarant specializing in seafood, steaks and American cuisine, has opened in the Lake Bowen ara.

Former Fatz CEO, family open new restaurant near Lake Bowen

Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Has anyone ate at Sugar-n-Spice on South Pine Street at East Henry Street? I tried it for the first time today. I was hoping for plenty with their jumbo cheeseburger a plenty. The portions were not much and prices were slightly high for them.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Has anyone ate at Sugar-n-Spice on South Pine Street at East Henry Street? I tried it for the first time today. I was hoping for plenty with their jumbo cheeseburger a plenty. The portions were not much and prices were slightly high for them.
I have, but it's been years. We always liked the souvlaki.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM

What is souvlaki?

Today I ate at the Ingle's delicatessen on South Pine Street. Their potatoes au gratin and macaroni and cheese were delicious and completed a healthy meal.

I would like to try out the Beacon or Wade's soon.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 AM

20 posts, read 64,079 times
Ike's is the best burger in the upstate, hands down. Steak Royale is closed. Lee's Famous Recipe is looking for a new location.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Default Lee's Famous Recipe

Why is Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken looking for a new location? I hope they don't close. It is interesting that they are one of the few locations in the South. They are more in the Midwest. There is also a location in Rock Hill. I believe original founder Lee Cummings was related to Col. Sanders, and Lee developed his own famous recipe. At one time this chain was operated by Shoney's, along with Captn. D's Seafood. Speaking of which, I wish that D's still had a location in the Upstate, as to me their seafood is better than Long John Silver's of the fast food variety. But hopefully Lee's will be able to relocate if necessary. I think I will venture over there today, as I have not tried them in a long while.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Well, the Lee's store is a bit dingy and dated, and in need of renovation. But the chicken is good, with nicely cut portions. But apparently the landowner may not be renewing their lease, as the property is available for sale. So they are searching for a new location possibly. Perhaps they could move into the empty Jack in the Box right down the street. Unless the rent may be too high.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM

182 posts, read 350,946 times
I second Ike's as easily the best burger in Spartanburg.

I hope Lee's doesn't close, or move too far. Their chicken is fantastic...a move to the closed Jack-in-the-Box would be a good thing. The store is quite out-of-date - we rarely eat in.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 AM

Apollo's House of Pizza, formerly located at Oak Forest Plaza on Reidville Road, has reopened in the former Pizza Inn on Warren H. Abernathy Highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area