Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 07:39 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Other side of the mall off Antrim Drive.
Winn Dixie was in the building next to the Camelot Cinemas just behind where Chik-Fil-a and Cookout are located now.

That area is so different now. Anyone remember Vince Perone's restaurant? It was replaced by the new Fresh Market and shops across the street.

I was also reminded about the old BI-LO where Jason's Furniture is now at the corner of Laurens and Haywood Rd. It had the big plastic cow on top. Then they relocated next to the Walmart (Kmart briefly, now Olde Time Pottery) on Laurens Rd in the 90's. Now they are further down the road at Verdae. Gosh BI-LO has been a revolving door of locations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
This was Winn-Dixie #1246. I think it closed in 1993. It was subdivided into Neveda Bob's and Garner's Natural Market.

And Publix was built relatively shortly after that?

It seems to me there was something out there on that parcel where Publix is now.. Or was that just 'overflow' parking for McAlister Square?

I just happened to go in that Publix for the first time today and the parking lot is a total CF over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 07:47 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Default Publix #602, McAlister Square, 235 South Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-2521

Publix #602 was constructed on a wooded lot at McAlister Square. The store opened in the second half of 1996. The pharmacy opened no earlier than June 1998.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:15 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix #602 was constructed on a wooded lot at McAlister Square. The store opened in the second half of 1996. The pharmacy opened no earlier than June 1998.
Wow.. They did a crap job of making the parking lot for it.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:54 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
https://plannedgrocery.com/

Carolina Knight, I haven't read this entire thread and perhaps you already know about this resource, but I figured I'd post it here anyway. I don't know how useful it's is, as I do not wish to sign up for it. I suppose if there's any usefulness to it, you'd be the best one to judge it.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:29 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Southeastern Grocers is upgrading the private label brands at Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie as a major upgrade initiative, according to a Greenville News report. I personally prefer the Publix brand items, especially when on sale.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
I have noticed SE Grocers milk are at BI-LO stores. The taste was disgusting. The price was higher than other competitors' private label milk.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Southeastern Grocers is upgrading the private label brands at Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie as a major upgrade initiative, according to a Greenville News report. I personally prefer the Publix brand items, especially when on sale.
I hope they keep the Chek Cola which is a popular Winn-Dixie brand and a good product always on sale.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:59 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,057 times
As an old Winn Dixie store manager, I was dumbfounded to see Chek cola in a Bi Lo.I was in FL a few years back and I stopped by a WD to buy a box of Georgia Crackers only to find they no longer exist

Old 02-18-2017, 08:33 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I hope they keep the Chek Cola which is a popular Winn-Dixie brand and a good product always on sale.
They are keeping the Chek line but it's going to get a revamped label. They are also keeping the Prestige and Fisherman's Wharf labels which are old Winn Dixie labels.

I really don't understand why they just don't rebrand and fold what's left of the BI-LO stores into the much larger Winn Dixie chain and reduce further overhead. Customers in BI-LO markets are just as familiar with the Winn Dixie name and they are basically one in the same now. I look at WD as the much more Iconic name.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:25 PM

Chek Cola is an excellent product and tastes like premium brand soda. And always low priced. About the only reason I still go to Bi-Lo. Glad they retained from Winn-Dixie. I usually prefer the Diet Orange or Chek Zero. But unfortunately they don't have a Diet Mountain Dew version, so for that I choose Food Lion, Walmart, or Ingle's brands if the real Pepsi product is not on sale. Publix does not have a Diet Mtn. Dew version either.

And speaking of Diet Mountain Dew, does any Upstate grocer carry Code Red Diet Mountain Dew? The Pepsi guy in Publix said possibly Spartanburg or Anderson retailers, as that is a different Pepsi distributor. You can't find it in Greenville County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area