Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I was a bit confused. I knew there was Giant in Virginia, Maryland, and Pa. And also Giant Eagle in Pa. and Ohio. Couldn't remember which were affiliated.
Folks often get the 2 Giant Food chains and Giant Eagle confused, as they have overlapping territories in Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Apparently the 2 Giant divisions are sister companies operated by Ahold, and Giant Eagle remains separate. I used to shop mostly at Giant when I lived in Virginia, and sometimes Safeway. And now Harris Teeter has a presence in the DC/Baltimore region. As well as Wegman's, which is a very nice supermarket, but they only go as far south as Fredericksburg, Va.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 11:29 PM

Mr. ATL, now that the Haywood Mall renovation is underway, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on plans for the area. Hopefully they will renovate the outside of the anchor stores, as well as add some new retail to the center. Perhaps an H&M store and a Nordstrom, and some nice new restaurants like a Cheesecake Factory.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:55 AM

632 posts, read 748,567 times
TylerSC
I keep waiting for ATL to address the pending 100 acre development planned for Laurens Rd.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,556 times
Next to the Haywood Mall I would like to see a Chesse Cake Factory also when Pier 1 , is gone i would like to see a small shopping center call it Mall Shops , with a HM , New Era Store , Little Pigs BQQ , Ace Pizza , Levi's store , PGA Golf Store and a Uban outfits also at the Haywood Mall I would like to see a Ben and Jerry Ice cream , Pannda Exprress , Blockes Bagles , Nike Golf Store , Cole Haas Oulet , also at the old Arby's I would like to see a , PopEyes Chicken at the old Wendy's a , Noddle and Company , at the old Steven and Berry's I would like to see a Quick Silver store at the old golf store behind the Haywood Mall I would like to see old fashion fudge store/Popcorn also on Lauren's RD I would like to see a Harris-Tetter with free WFI , nice restrooms also at the shopping center there are planing I would like to see a , Dinsey store , Puma store , Jimmy Johns , Abercombile and Fitch , Toca Boy . HallMark , Keds shoe store , Northface Store , Le Peep , Toms BQQ , Dockers Clother store , Hat world , Polo RL Store , Greenville Drive Gift shop , Jelly Belly Store , DC Shoe store , Spill the beans , Niketown store , Justin Boots , Sperry Shoe store , USC Gift shop , Burt Bees store ,
Earth Fare , Totes Oulet also a IHOP would be great for Lauren's Rd and a Sangebush steak house what's the men's store is gone I would like to see a , Famous footwear there also at the old Army Bulding on Lauren's Rd tear it down and put a Jim and Nicks BQQ there also at the old Garners here in Greenville SC I would l like to see a Kogers also at the old TJ Max on Haywood RD I would like to see a , Timberland store and the land next to the Myabi steak house I would like to a , City BQQ across the street a ,Black bear cafe also at 500 Congree Rd I would like to see a , Gladys Knight chicken and waffles also the land pass Jo ANN'S I would like to see a, Hard Rock Cafe also the empty buiding next to life way Christian book store I would lime to see a , Hugo Boss Oulet , also when up to Us Furniture moves I would lime to see a , Panthers Gift shop there

Old 08-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Wow. Halfway through the month of August and we haven't heard from ATL Fan since July. Perhaps he is on vacation ... Meanwhile, the Haywood Mall renovation continues and it would indeed be nice if they would consider additional new retail. Such as Nordstrom and Cheesecake Factory. But not sure if that is part of the plan other than cosmetic upgrades. And also not sure if they are quite ready to become a SouthPark just yet.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I even checked to see if he'd been on the board. He's checked in pretty regularly, but he hasn't posted anything. I hope he hasn't given up. I really do enjoy his visionary exuberance.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:50 PM

Also in Rockville SC I would like to see Rockville Mall a hudge 3 story simon own mall a state art mall with a , American Eagle , Gap , Baby Gap , Stalpes , Nike Golf store , Footlocker , Lady's Footlocker ,kids footlocker , NBA Store , Champs , Finish Line , Lids , Ann's Liners , AT&T store , Sprint Phone store , HM , Footaction , New Era store , Uban Outfits , Lucky Brand store , Northface store ,DSW , Cole haan Oulet , Totes Oulet , USC Gift Shop ,Clemson Gift Shop , ATL Braves Gift shop , Charleston River Dog Gift Shop , Charleston SC Gift Shop , Macy's ,Belks , Norstorm , JC Penny , BloomDales , HallMark , CVS , Master Cuts , Great Clips , SC Theme hair cut place , Lids Locker Room , Hanes Oulet , NFL Fan Shop , Rackroom shoes , Hollister , Jarmans , Hot Topic , Hollister , Jounerys , Jounerys for kids , Keds Shoe store , City BQQ , Skin hotdogs , Frist watch Cafe , hudge food court with a ,Charley's Philly Steak , Chicken -Fil-A , Great warps , Ace Pizza , Pannda Express , Starbucks , Ben and Jerry Ice cream , Blocks Bagles etc also at the food court flat screen tvs to watch MLB , News , Sports , etc also the in the food court shoppers get a small I pad to check traffic , weather , new stores , events for the mall etc , other stores , GNC , Clarks Shoes , UPS Store , Spill the beans , Radio sack , Jelly belly store , PGA Golf shop , Sweet fog , MD 360 , Ace Hardwear , Rue 21 , Forevery 21 , Hugo Boss Oulet , RL Polo Store , Bath and works , Krinkands , It's Fashion , Erko Brand store , Dress Barn , Wwe gift shop , Burt bees store , NASCAR gift shop , FYE , Puma store , Levi's Oulet store , American rag store , Guss Jeans store , Popcorn shop , Timberland store , MR K Books , etc on the 3rd floor indoor basketball courts , with a small bar area with water tea etc , sacks in the other room a flat screen tv to watch tv couches , also on the wall pics of NBA teams etc also the 3rd floor a SC Local seafood eat place call it SC Seafood with in and outdoor seating , nice restrooms , I pads for menus , Also on the same floor a , Room with pool tables , video games , on the 2 floor a , room for Dance , Concerts , Plays , a DJ Booth , in the other room a , Local cafe also on the same floor , Daycare for kids , 1st aid station , Weather station , SC ifo place , Indoor stake bord rink , on the 1st floor a , Lazy boy store , Johnny Rockets , Ihop , a room for clean your shoes , Parking Gardges , Golf Carts to pick up to the mall enters , Carwash on site , Outdoor basketball courts , areas for your bikes , nice restrooms inside the mall , next to the mall a , SAMS Club next to that a , Popeyes Chicken on the side of the mall , Longhorns Steak house behind the mall Shops near the mall with a , Super Kogers , Toms BQQ , Fresh Market , World Market , BYE Baby , Toys R US , a nice Big Lots , Best Buy , Hat World , Home Deport , TJ Max , Old Navy , Norstrom rack , Bad Daddy's , Subway , Firebirds , Pizza Hut , Rooms to Go , Golf Smith , It's Paper , T Mobile , Charter Store , Barns and Nobble , Game stop , KG Fashions , FireHouse Subs , SC Gift Shop , Half Moon Outfits , Sports Clips , Off Bordway Shoes , Nice Goodwill , Chicken and waffle place , Moes SouthWest Grill , Black and Decker store , Legos Store , ATL Bread , NHL fan shop , Dockers Clother store , REI , Dicks Sport good store , Vans off the wall , Toca Boy , Spill the beans , Levis store , Pet Smart , Stain Mart , Ear Shot , Family Christian book store next to the shopping center a Wall Greens with free WFI , on the side a , Quicktrip war there a , Roy Rogers , Papa Johns , Wendy's ,across from the Mall a , Bob Evans next to that a , Boston Market on the side a Firestone Tires down the road from the mall shops 2 with a Target , ATL Hawks gift shop , Cold stone , Petco , Jo Ann's , a nice Save lot , Hamricks , Lowes , Ross , Cross ways Christian book store , SKY zone , Party City , Larry's Subs , Fats Cafe , American Greetings , Niketown Store , Eggs Up Grill , Papa Johns , Candy world , Burks Oulet , Next to that a , Cracker Barrel on the side a , United Dairy famers gas Staion across from that a BMW car lot with free WFi a , lodge with flat screen tv couches , Jimmy Johns Subs , Starbucks , nice restrooms , BMW gift shop on the side a , Chills on the side a , Suntust bank before the mall a , Chessecake Factory on the side a , TCBY with Free WFI across street a DOC Care next to that a , Cookout on the side a , Sky line chill

Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 PM

Welcome back, kid...... and Happy Birthday

Old 08-21-2014, 04:22 AM

I did not know there was a Rockville, SC. I am familiar with Rockville, Maryland. Are you thinking about Rock Hill, SC? They have recently renovated and expanded the Rock Hill Galleria, but the larger malls in that area are nearby in Charlotte. But I will credit Rock Hill for having a Bob Evans Restaurant and a Popeyes Chicken. And good to hear again from ATL Fan.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 AM

Thanks yes there is a Rockville SC it's near Charleston SC also here in Greenville SC at the old Capris on Stone Ave i would like to a Frist watch cafe also on Haywood Rd where the old Wendy's I would like to see a , Nooodle and Company at the old Arby's I would like to see a , Little Pigs BQQ the land pass JO Ann's I would like to see a , Chessecake Factory , at 500 Congree RD i would like to see a Small Harris-Tetter with free WFI and a area in the store with Greenville Drive tees hats ect to buy , the land next to Mybi Steak house i would like to see a Cookout across the street I would like to see a , Sangebush steak house when Pier 1 moves I would like to see a PopEyes Chicken there also at the old TJ Max i would like to see a Lego store there and at the old Steve and Berry's I would like to see a Niketown Store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area