Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times

Advertisements

Roy Rogers has good quality fast food, and their roast beef is much better than Arby's. Plus very good fried chicken and burgers. Ironically Hardee's at one time featured Roy Rogers fried chicken, but since they were sold to Carl's Jr, it was dropped at most locations. And agree about Popeyes. Somewhat similar to Bojangles with spicy chicken, but much better. Perhaps they will consider expanding in the Upstate, as they have recently built new stores in Charlotte, and they also have locations in Columbia and Atlanta.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'd think that an Outback would do quite well there. Of course, if I had my choice on what to replace them with, rather than a specific chain, I'd probably prefer to see something local. A TRUE steak/seafood restaurant would be nice there...
Arizona Southwestern Grill is actually a local chain started in Greenville in 1995. They have 3 in SC, one in Atlanta. The same owners also own Travina Italian Kitchen chain.

Texas Roadhouse is already in Greenville, but could do well in Simpsonville. (I haven't been to the one on Wade Hampton - 3.5 stars on Yelp, but been to others, and the food was good).

Lone Star Steakhouse is good, get's better than average reviews.

Uno Chicago Grill is a fun place to eat, since there are no others nearby. (It's more than a steakhouse).

Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM

78 posts, read 245,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What's going in between Atlanta Bread and Chick Fil A on Pelham Road? Feels weird for me to be asking this? lol.
Gosh g-man, if you don't know it must be an "area-51" type facility

Old 05-07-2013, 01:40 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Gville View Post
Gosh g-man, if you don't know it must be an "area-51" type facility
Or it simply hasn't been posted on the Internet yet so it can be RE-posted. LOL.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:43 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Or it simply hasn't been posted on the Internet yet so it can be RE-posted. LOL.
Well, the vast majority of my info comes from construction bid packages which are posted on the Internet so you technically are correct.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 287,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Well, the vast majority of my info comes from construction bid packages which are posted on the Internet so you technically are correct.

You worded that very carefully there G-man, but I know better .

This is how It should read " the vast majority of my info comes from construction bid packages wiich I READ; . Before they are posted on the internet".

The key wording here is g-man reads before they are posted, hmmmmmm, (I see a Fox in the hen house).

Your bobble head likeness are being poured into there molds as you read this g-man.

Ody

Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,375 times
In a city becoming known for its restaurant scene, several more chains plan to open restaurants in Greenville.

Texas-based Chuy's recently announced it will be opening on Woodruff Road across from Magnolia Park. The southwestern restaurant has 38 restaurants across the country. The Greenville location will be the first Chuy's in the state.

Now, in addition to Dave & Buster's, three more restaurant chains have announced new locations in Magnolia Park. Bad Daddy's Burger Bar and Firebirds are expected to open in the expanded shopping-dining park. News 4 has learned that Toby Keith's I Love This Bar is also planning to open in Magnolia Park.

Bad Daddy’s describes itself as "a laid back spot where the décor finds the perfect balance between industrial and comfortable. The look is modern diner meets sports bar with an edge."

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill offers steakhouse and pub-style food. Firebirds has multiple locations around the country, including six in North Carolina. The Woodruff Road location is the only Firebirds currently planned in South Carolina.

I Love This Bar is named after Toby Keith’s single of the same title, originally recorded for his 2003 album "Shock 'n Y'all." The chain has locations in twelve states. The location next to Rooms to Go will be the first in South Carolina. I Love This Bar features American cuisine with emphasis on Southern dishes and live music.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:38 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times
Pat, g-man430 had the scoop on those openings waaaayyy before WYFF did.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
I wonder how long before Woodruff Rd collapses under its own weight into a giant retail black hole..

Or, perhaps, how long ago that happened.

Anyone remember when you totally avoided Haywood Rd from the day after Thanksgiving until a week past new years? Now.. Haywood isn't so bad. Either because Woodruff has taken alot of the traffic, or just from comparison to Woodruff.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,375 times
Oh well, too bad I can't delete it before I hear about it! I tried but it's not going away. Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area