Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 31,110 times

Advertisements

The other night (halloween night actually) me and a few friends decided to drive by and see if anything would happen. The first time we drove by, we didnt stop or anything. We just simply drove by....the immediately shown a spot light on us from the top window and followed us with it down the street. Do they do this to every one who drives by? So then we decide to drive back by and see if anything would happen. We stop at the stop sign (public domain, as that guy said) and wait for a few minutes. nothing happened. So we continue to drive by. As soon as we approached the sidewalk that leads up to the house, a woman pops out with a water hose and is spraying our car! she was on a cell phone. We decided to drive by one more time because it was so hilarious. When we approached to sidewalk for the third time, we stopped the car and she ran out with the waterhose again. While she was spraying our car( only feet way from our car) my friend screamed "you cant get mee!!!" and turned her windshield wipers on high. We finally decided to leave her alone. We are so interested in this house! Maybe they wouldnt have so many people driving by if she didnt make it so fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 PM

7 posts, read 41,449 times
It honestly crossed my mind that perhaps the ghosts of this house are somehow driving her insane....it's not unheard of. And a lot of times, certain spirits feed off of negativity, and there sure was a lot of it coming from her. I mean, it was totally exuding.Emmanating. That's what shocked me the most.

My impression is that she is just somehow bitter and resentful to people in general, especially if it is somehow connected to the house. Thing is, if you go move into a house that is on the freaking national register of historic places, you should be prepared for people to come by and perhaps take pictures of it or ask you a friendly question or two about it. But she was just like a rabid dog. I seriously think she may have mental issues.

I strongly encourage people to drive by and take pictures of the house and not be dissuaded by her actions. It's a historic house, a beautiful house, a haunted house. The public has a right to be interested in it and gratify that interest to the extent legally possible. And at the very least, it will probably tick her off and you might have an entertaining incident with the crazy lady of the Kildare-McCormick house.

I swear. When she dies, I bet she will haunt the place too. Although I suppose she already does, just in living human form.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Where is this house? Maybe I need remedial reading classes but looking through old posts, I couldn't find where it is.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 AM

30 posts, read 88,451 times
to: 34.749794,-86.585183 - Google Maps

Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,426,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Where is this house? Maybe I need remedial reading classes but looking through old posts, I couldn't find where it is.

The second house on the left on Kildare St. off Oakwood past Lumpkin Stained Glass.
kildare, huntsville, al - Google Maps

Now that the leaves fell off, you'll see it from the street (Oakwood). It's a 2-3 story castle-like mansion embelished with ...embelishments, I dunno how to explain the style.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:36 AM

889 posts, read 2,399,217 times
Look at the street view of the house and you might just see her lurking in the bushes with garden hose at the ready. I'm surprised the google map camera crew made it through there unscathed.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:06 PM

4 posts, read 31,110 times
We drove by again tonight. One of the ladies shined their huge spotlight on us from the top window while the other chased our car down the street with the water hose. Crazy.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:42 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd523 View Post
We drove by again tonight. One of the ladies shined their huge spotlight on us from the top window while the other chased our car down the street with the water hose. Crazy.
That's some serious neighborhood watch program they got going there!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:36 AM

889 posts, read 2,399,217 times
I guess they won't be on the Historic Pilgrimage Association's Historic Homes Tour next year.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 9,589 times
I was the person bidding against the present owner. Just not deep enough pockets but boy I sure wanted that wonderful home. I hear the present owner is selling alot of the orig flooring, doors etc. That should not be allowed to happen to this great ole gal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area