Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Yes I am something thank you very much.
If a person is born on American soil they are Americans, simple as that.
You state "fixing a clause" when what you really mean is you just don't want any more Hispanics here than have to be. You don't need to try and pretty it up, just admit it.
And not all the kids born here of illegals are committing crime, many grow up to become very productive citizens of our country, who pay taxes and help our country become prosperous, but I am sure you hate that fact as well, because a few of your precious tax dollars went to help them along the way.
So it is ok for the pro-illegals to seek change to our immigration laws but not ok for Americans to seek change to birthright citizenship where clearly it has been misinterpreted and abused anyway? I never said that those who have already been declared citizens in this manner are not citizens according to our laws today nor am I implying that they should be stripped of their citizenship. The law can be changed to reflect future births in this country by illegal alien parents.

Put your race card back in your wallet. Changing birthright citizenship wouldn't just affect Hispanics. There are Asians, whites, blacks and other ethnic/racial groups that would also be affected who are here illegally giving birth on our soil.

Who said that the anchors babies of today are committing all sorts of crimes? Do you just make this stuff up as you go along? The fact is that by the illegal act of their parents and then giving birth on our soil is what is sucking our tax dollars dry. If they weren't here that wouldn't be happening. At least changing the birthright citizenship law would put a stop to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
You state "fixing a clause" when what you really mean is you just don't want any more Hispanics here than have to be. You don't need to try and pretty it up, just admit it.
And not all the kids born here of illegals are committing crime, many grow up to become very productive citizens of our country, who pay taxes and help our country become prosperous, but I am sure you hate that fact as well, because a few of your precious tax dollars went to help them along the way.
A few dollars? Are you willing to fork over up to 1000 dollars a year to go to the illegal populace? Well, if you are paying taxes you already are.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Because if those kids were born here, they are LEGALLY American citizens, regardless of the fact that their parents are not legal Do you want to change the constitution?

I cannot believe the contempt some of you people have towards children! Would you rather they did not go to school and ran the streets committing crimes? Then would you be happy?
I want the constitution to be interpreted as intended. Illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws, hold NO allegiance to this country, and are therefore NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof. Likewise, their children should share their status and nationality. Women deliberately enter this country to give birth to avail themselves of our hard-earned tax dollars, and/or to ensure a future piece of the pie. This egregious practice must end.

I feel no contempt for the innocent children. If anything, I pity them for having such larcenous and selfish parents. Nor do I want them to run the streets. I want them to leave. THAT would make me happy.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
All right so let me ask you all something. If someone was brought across the border illegally as a young kid, then grew up here, went to school here, works or goes to college here, but has not been able to become legal, does it really seem like a humane thing to do to make them go back to a country that they have no idea what to do with?
or even someone who came as an adult but has worked here for years and contributed to this country, do you not think it might be a little easier and kinder to give them a chance to become legal, by paying a fee, and to stay crime free?
Instead of the immigration trying to find and send back millions of illegals that are here....hell, American dead beat dads cannot even be brought to justice for child support they never pay, so how in the world do you all think the government is going to find and send back all these millions of people!?
And especially with the border as it is, they will just keep coming. And even if they do somehow manage to seal it, people will start trying to get here through other areas of the US, namely Canada with its huge border...it may not be as many people, but there will still be people trying, trust me on this.
I am not pro-illegal, I am pro-human ok....and I try to think outside of the box and figure out ways that can help the people that have actually managed to get here and be here all this time but at the same time make sure they pay their dues like everyone else, and I would like to see every criminal sent back for good and us not incarcerating them here....
And lastly I do want the border sealed, nit just because of illegal immigrants but for the terrorists who may be trying to sneak parts of a bomb over piece by piece....now that is real cause for concern.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Really there is no way the government is going to deport millions of illegals that are here so they just need to make the best of a tough situation.
People on this thread can go on and on about deporting everyone but it's never going to happen.

Yes, I know, anyone that disagrees with your narrow mindedness is "ignorant".... So why aren't you mad at the people from other countries that take the really good jobs like doctors, chemists, etc? Oh I know, it's because they are legal so it doesn't matter if they take American jobs, that's all good right?

I believe I stated "Most illegals are hard-working people and even own their own houses. I didn't simply say "most own their own houses" stop taking my own words out of context.

Because if those kids were born here, they are LEGALLY American citizens, regardless of the fact that their parents are not legal Do you want to change the constitution?
I cannot believe the contempt some of you people have towards children! Would you rather they did not go to school and ran the streets committing crimes? Then would you be happy?

That is an assumption. How do you know most illegals do not hold down full time jobs?
Millions of people left their own countries when the going got a little rough for them there and they can leave ours too and will when the going gets a little rough for them here. Cut them off the welfare handouts and make sure jobs go to the millions of unemployed Americans and only legal immigrants and they'll have no choice but to leave here. Most often the choice they made was work hard for a living back home or have the easy life in the USA where you don't have to work for a living and so they came here but they can go home just as easily. MORE easily because they won't have to come up with $5000 for human traffickers to smuggle them back to their homeland.

No one is real mad at the legal immigrants who have good education and job skills and can support their children by working for legal wages. There is a cost to the employer to sponsor an immigrant to come legally and some rules they follow like at least making a pretense of trying to hire Americans before importing labor, and the wages paid to the legal must be legal wages.

Children born to foreign nationals usually have their parents' citizenship or can easily obtain it - so they don't have to be US citizens, they can also be citizens of their parents' countries. There is nothing at all that stops the parents from taking their US born children home with them when they go. The only ones who won't don't want their children if they actually have to work to support them. They gave birth to these children for all the wrong reasons if they threaten they'll just abandon them and not take them home with them when they go.

I cannot believe the contempt many illegals have for their own children! Imagine Americans living in some foreign country, giving birth, and saying they will not take their children home with them when it's time? Those illegals who don't want their children if they go home are lower than snakes.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
All right so let me ask you all something. If someone was brought across the border illegally as a young kid, then grew up here, went to school here, works or goes to college here, but has not been able to become legal, does it really seem like a humane thing to do to make them go back to a country that they have no idea what to do with?
or even someone who came as an adult but has worked here for years and contributed to this country, do you not think it might be a little easier and kinder to give them a chance to become legal, by paying a fee, and to stay crime free?
Instead of the immigration trying to find and send back millions of illegals that are here....hell, American dead beat dads cannot even be brought to justice for child support they never pay, so how in the world do you all think the government is going to find and send back all these millions of people!?
And especially with the border as it is, they will just keep coming. And even if they do somehow manage to seal it, people will start trying to get here through other areas of the US, namely Canada with its huge border...it may not be as many people, but there will still be people trying, trust me on this.
I am not pro-illegal, I am pro-human ok....and I try to think outside of the box and figure out ways that can help the people that have actually managed to get here and be here all this time but at the same time make sure they pay their dues like everyone else, and I would like to see every criminal sent back for good and us not incarcerating them here....
And lastly I do want the border sealed, nit just because of illegal immigrants but for the terrorists who may be trying to sneak parts of a bomb over piece by piece....now that is real cause for concern.
Now you're extending the anchor baby not only to children the parents managed to get born in the USA but all the children yanked from their own homelands and smuggled into the USA.

Well - if it was alright to yank those children from the life they knew in their own country and make them come to a country they didn't know and had no idea what to do with, a language (English) they had never heard - then why not the reverse?

How great was it for a child whose parents turned him over to the very violent and very criminal human traffickers to smuggle into the USA when that child knew no English, nothing of American culture? How cruel!!! Yet the illegals do it all the time.

Exactly why is it so difficult for these children to go back to their motherlands? The language of their homelands is their mother tongue, their first language. They know the culture, they can adapt.

In fact as many of these children were born in Mexico, your claim is completely absurd. Mexico is not some horrendous hellhole with a language that can never be learned or a culture one could never adapt to. These children belong to their homeland, it belongs to them.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Millions of people left their own countries when the going got a little rough for them there and they can leave ours too and will when the going gets a little rough for them here. Cut them off the welfare handouts and make sure jobs go to the millions of unemployed Americans and only legal immigrants and they'll have no choice but to leave here. Most often the choice they made was work hard for a living back home or have the easy life in the USA where you don't have to work for a living and so they came here but they can go home just as easily. MORE easily because they won't have to come up with $5000 for human traffickers to smuggle them back to their homeland.

No one is real mad at the legal immigrants who have good education and job skills and can support their children by working for legal wages. There is a cost to the employer to sponsor an immigrant to come legally and some rules they follow like at least making a pretense of trying to hire Americans before importing labor, and the wages paid to the legal must be legal wages.

Children born to foreign nationals usually have their parents' citizenship or can easily obtain it - so they don't have to be US citizens, they can also be citizens of their parents' countries. There is nothing at all that stops the parents from taking their US born children home with them when they go. The only ones who won't don't want their children if they actually have to work to support them. They gave birth to these children for all the wrong reasons if they threaten they'll just abandon them and not take them home with them when they go.

I cannot believe the contempt many illegals have for their own children! Imagine Americans living in some foreign country, giving birth, and saying they will not take their children home with them when it's time? Those illegals who don't want their children if they go home are lower than snakes.
Instead of the parents supporting their children, the children are supporting their parents. These kids are essentially their meal tickets, which is the primary reason they’re willing to leave them behind if deported. After all, they can’t profit from their children outside the US. It’s sickening.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 PM

286 posts, read 535,505 times
Quote:

[Why is it that those of you with your pro-criminal mind-sets can't come up with anything better than calling us 'racists'? It's now become a tired cliche. Try to come up with something new.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
[quote=malamute;15326352]Now you're extending the anchor baby not only to children the parents managed to get born in the USA but all the children yanked from their own homelands and smuggled into the USA.

Well - if it was alright to yank those children from the life they knew in their own country and make them come to a country they didn't know and had no idea what to do with, a language (English) they had never heard - then why not the reverse?

Exactly why is it so difficult for these children to go back to their motherlands? The language of their homelands is their mother tongue, their first language. They know the culture, they can adapt.

Thats not exactly true. People that grow up here are Americanized and oftentimes do not speak their parents language very well. I've met many hispanic people that speak very little spanish in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
[Why is it that those of you with your pro-criminal mind-sets can't come up with anything better than calling us 'racists'? It's now become a tired cliche. Try to come up with something new.
Because it is painfully obvious what kind of people make up the majority in this thread (with the exception of a few).
I swear I have never seen such a group of narrow minded people in my life.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
I forgot where I saw this, but there was a graph showing how drug use has increased recently in the past few years. Mexico realizes that many Americans like their drugs - the more demand, the more powerful these cartels become.

I may be oversimplifying, but this is a huge part of the problem of why such a wonderful country has been desecrated by drugs.

And for some reason, many people seem to think legalizing pot would help - they forget there's cocaine, heroine, meth, etc.
And the cartels would find another way to manifest their evil ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration