U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,382 posts, read 7,525,626 times
Reputation: 6626

Advertisements

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many Americans are extremists when it comes to supporting Illegal Immigration. I can only think that many of them have been positively affected by it.

I'm starting this thread only for those who have a positive story regarding their relationship with Illegal Immigrants. Please post, open our minds to something we aren't aware of. I know I'm hugely curious to find out what is driving the activists.

 
Old 08-14-2010, 06:25 PM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,975,136 times
Reputation: 1806
I haven't seen anyone on these forums in favor of illegal immigration - but some wag will pipe in and say that supporting amnesty means that one is in favor illegal immigration. I am in favor of securing the border and sending back recent arrivals but the question is what to do with illegals and their families who are well settled here. I wish it was possible to have a discussion where illegals weren't vilified as sub-human-scum-of-the-earth-who-don't-love-their-kids-and-only-have-them-to-leech-off-America.
 
Old 08-14-2010, 06:36 PM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,204 posts, read 4,124,122 times
Reputation: 6160
Default The positive things about Illegal ALIENS

Can't think of anything.
 
Old 08-14-2010, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,941,176 times
Reputation: 6517
Nope can't think of 1 positive thing.
 
Old 08-14-2010, 07:16 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out why so many Americans are extremists when it comes to supporting Illegal Immigration. I can only think that many of them have been positively affected by it.

I'm starting this thread only for those who have a positive story regarding their relationship with Illegal Immigrants. Please post, open our minds to something we aren't aware of. I know I'm hugely curious to find out what is driving the activists.
I would say that on the pro-illegals side their activists are mostly driven by ethnocentric racism or the desire for their relatives here illegally to be given a pass for breaking our laws which is totally self-serving and anti-American.
 
Old 08-14-2010, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,636 posts, read 4,959,924 times
Reputation: 2741
Most positive thing : seeing the backs of their heads as they are driven outta here !!!
 
Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 PM
 
8 posts, read 12,038 times
Reputation: 24
Getting yard work done cheaply and effectively. They do a pretty good job of cutting grass and trimming the hedges and are dirt cheap compared to regular landscaping companies.
 
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,941,176 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramell View Post
Getting yard work done cheaply and effectively. They do a pretty good job of cutting grass and trimming the hedges and are dirt cheap compared to regular landscaping companies.
Are they better than licensed contractors who actually pay taxes, hire people legally and they pay taxes?
Would you buy a stolen radio or TV because it was dirt cheap?
 
Old 08-14-2010, 08:47 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,468,984 times
Reputation: 1619
Even though 99 out of 100 hispanic women are short.fat and ugly one percent looks real good.....ah shewawa my lips they are watering....oh lala
 
Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,392,785 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I haven't seen anyone on these forums in favor of illegal immigration - but some wag will pipe in and say that supporting amnesty means that one is in favor illegal immigration. I am in favor of securing the border and sending back recent arrivals but the question is what to do with illegals and their families who are well settled here. I wish it was possible to have a discussion where illegals weren't vilified as sub-human-scum-of-the-earth-who-don't-love-their-kids-and-only-have-them-to-leech-off-America.
Don't:

Break the law
Strain social services
Make law enforcement difficult
Refuse to learn English
Lower prevailing wages
Fly foreign flags in place of America's flag
Ignore American immigration policy
Demand a driver's license
Ask for in-state tuition

And guess what?

We won't view you as scum! See how easy that is? Just because someone has been breaking the law doesn't mean they should continue to get away with it. People who come here illegally, no matter how long they stay, are an insult to people who do it the right way and come here legally.

They earn no respect from Americans because they fail to give us any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top