Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:39 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I get so sick of hearing this bcrap. Ask my tribe and they will tell you differently. Don't just make chit up and pull it out of your nose.
There were no immigration laws back then. Not our fault there wasn't. And I'm sick of hearing this BS from liberals "ask the natives how they felt about illegal immigration" when no organized nation existed back then!

Old 02-05-2011, 05:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
I get so sick of hearing this bcrap. Ask my tribe and they will tell you differently. Don't just make chit up and pull it out of your nose.
Words don't mean anything. Documents do. Each tribe settled in their own areas. None had claims on this entire country.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:20 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
I posted on a different thread about this.

Many Indian tribes did very bad things BEFORE Columbus. Genocide Wiped Out Native American Population : Discovery News

So please DONT cuss out just the white man. They were no worse than what my mothers people, the Aztecs, did to others. And Im part Spanish.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Words don't mean anything. Documents do. Each tribe settled in their own areas. None had claims on this entire country.
Outright bull. It's just the way some people justify theft.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I posted on a different thread about this.

Many Indian tribes did very bad things BEFORE Columbus. Genocide Wiped Out Native American Population : Discovery News

So please DONT cuss out just the white man. They were no worse than what my mothers people, the Aztecs, did to others. And Im part Spanish.
The point is that there were laws here before the Europeans. It's pompous, ignorant, and erroneous to believe there were no laws before the Europeans.

I AM Indian, so I have no reason to romanticize history. I live it. Romanticizing the Native American is not an NDN thing.

I definitely don't hate Whites. If I did then I'd have to hate 1/2 of myself. I do like truth in history and will call someone out when they twist it for their own benefit.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
My dad was born in Brazil. He was the child of farmers. My grandmother had 5 children; 3 daughters and 2 sons.

They were poor and had no education whatsoever. My grandmother could barely write and read up until the day she passed away.

My dad and his siblings ( minus one of my aunts ) didn't want the same future for themselves.

So they immigrated LEGALLY to the US and Canada.

Now please enlighten me on why those who choose to come here illegally are being defended so fervently?

Are you trying to say they are better than my family who chose to abide by the law?!
The above highlighted is a question to ask every Congress critter who voted in favor of the DREAM Act. I'd say you deserve an answer from them too.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
The point is that there were laws here before the Europeans. It's pompous, ignorant, and erroneous to believe there were no laws before the Europeans.

I AM Indian, so I have no reason to romanticize history. I live it. Romanticizing the Native American is not an NDN thing.

I definitely don't hate Whites. If I did then I'd have to hate 1/2 of myself. I do like truth in history and will call someone out when they twist it for their own benefit.
Indeed some do including members of AIM.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Indeed some do including members of AIM.
I'm sure you know a lot about growing up NDN.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Outright bull. It's just the way some people justify theft.
How about you post some factual proof that shows different?

Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
I'm not pro-illegal immigration, but I am against the demonization of people just seeking a better life. To tackle the problem I believe in a low-key approach: going after the people who employ someone who isn't permitted to work in this country, increased border patrols, checking citizenship/immigration status when a person is arrested, etc. I'm against ideas like having some type of massive Gestapo style crackdown. That's not what America is about imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration