Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Aren't you guys sick of these posts. I see a new one almost everyday about illegals. Look i believe in not one right if you entered this Country illegally, how hard is that to understand. Our Government should be the one to understand this, not us, we have power to do nothing.

And i have no respect for those Employers who hire illegals, they are a lot of the problem too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 PM

951 posts, read 745,628 times
Thanks for the source. Is your 95% figure made up though? I know farm workers around here make more than restaurant workers(service industry) and about the same as basic entry level construction/manufacturing jobs. It's just that conditions are worse in fields.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
This is an outright lie as there are over 11k jobs in GA right now not being taken by all these poor Americans. They are making criminals on probation work. And you gripe about honesty? Really.

So instead of these fence jumping "criminals" working their tails off to make a decent living the farm owners are expected to bring in and accommodate REAL criminals on their property and around their children just to hope to get the crops out of the ground and break even. Brilliant. Is that common sense you were referring to earlier?

I'm denying it is as big of a problem as you make it out to be since males outnumber females something close to 3 to 1 in the child-bearing age groups. If this was some serious plot down in Mexico you would expect the number of females to be I don't know, at least half. Fear monger more tho.
How many times to I have to tell you that crop picking isn't what most Americans will do for a living? They want the "other" jobs that they did before illegals took them from them. Do you finally get it now? How many times do I have to tell you that there are unlimited visas for legal immigrant crop pickers? Many Americans out of job cannot do that kind of stoop labor because of their age.

These probationers are not felons. Sure they have commited a crime but I'd rather see an American lawbreaker get those jobs rather than an illegal foreign lawbreaker who doesn't even have the right to work here.

I don't know what your rambling is about male vs female and childbearing. It is a fact that illegal mothers in this country are costing us billions in hospital costs, care and welfare for their "anchors". Who said anything about a plot in Mexico in regards to babies? The plot the government of Mexico has is to see that as many of its uneducated and poor make it into this country as much as possible so they can keep those remittances coming. Money that is not being put back into OUR economy.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Thanks for the source. Is your 95% figure made up though? I know farm workers around here make more than restaurant workers(service industry) and about the same as basic entry level construction/manufacturing jobs. It's just that conditions are worse in fields.
2 or 3 percent illegal alien farm workers is LESS that 5 percent. Im sorry: try 97 percent of ILLEGALS who dont pick crops. I put up the link. Call NPR liers, I dont care.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 PM

No, you said 95% make more $$ than the farm workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
OVER 95 percent of illegal aliens ARE doing higher paying jobs than picking crops.
NPR says nothing about wages, just the breakdown of what percentage of the population is working in which industries.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How many times to I have to tell you that crop picking isn't what most Americans will do for a living? They want the "other" jobs that they did before illegals took them from them. Do you finally get it now? How many times do I have to tell you that there are unlimited visas for legal immigrant crop pickers? Many Americans out of job cannot do that kind of stoop labor because of their age.
The visa you keep bringing up is ignored because it's such a huge pain in the ass. It was revised to better suit farmers but it got reverted before going into effect.

If you are all for them coming legally, why don't you advocate easier to obtain visas than the H-2A instead of all the other nonsense? A simpler/easier to obtain visa would solve a lot of issues yet is ignored by all the anti-immigration types like you. Why not revise immigration so they will have an easy path to coming legally? That solves your whole "but they are illegal law breakers" rhetoric immediately.

Quote:
These probationers are not felons. Sure they have commited a crime but I'd rather see an American lawbreaker get those jobs rather than an illegal foreign lawbreaker who doesn't even have the right to work here.
Sure you would, until you and your family had to deal with them on your property day in and day out. Checking all your tools/equipment to make sure it wasn't stolen, etc. etc. sounds like fun. All while they don't even want to be working there, may quit at any moment, and are probably trying to slack off by Facebooking on their damn phone and stuff.

Quote:
I don't know what your rambling is about male vs female and childbearing. It is a fact that illegal mothers in this country are costing us billions in hospital costs, care and welfare for their "anchors". Who said anything about a plot in Mexico in regards to babies? The plot the government of Mexico has is to see that as many of its uneducated and poor make it into this country as much as possible so they can keep those remittances coming. Money that is not being put back into OUR economy.
Oh the "they're sending it back to Mexico" excuse has surfaced . If they are coming here, and having kids and starting families who exactly are they sending these funds back to? BTW, it's also a fact that the non-returned taxes and social security they pay in are padding their respective coffers by billions. If you don't think they are helping our economy just watch Georgia's farmers over the next few months.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
No, you said 95% make more $$ than the farm workers.

NPR says nothing about wages, just the breakdown of what percentage of the population is working in which industries.
Did I say the 97 percent of illegals make more money? What I said was 97 percent of illegals DONT pick crops.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Did I say the 97 percent of illegals make more money? What I said was 97 percent of illegals DONT pick crops.

Really?

Quote:
OVER 95 percent of illegal aliens ARE doing higher paying jobs than picking crops.
I don't believe the npr article said anything about them paying more which is what you are saying here.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
The visa you keep bringing up is ignored because it's such a huge pain in the ass. It was revised to better suit farmers but it got reverted before going into effect.

If you are all for them coming legally, why don't you advocate easier to obtain visas than the H-2A instead of all the other nonsense? A simpler/easier to obtain visa would solve a lot of issues yet is ignored by all the anti-immigration types like you. Why not revise immigration so they will have an easy path to coming legally? That solves your whole "but they are illegal law breakers" rhetoric immediately.

Sure you would, until you and your family had to deal with them on your property day in and day out. Checking all your tools/equipment to make sure it wasn't stolen, etc. etc. sounds like fun. All while they don't even want to be working there, may quit at any moment, and are probably trying to slack off by Facebooking on their damn phone and stuff.

Oh the "they're sending it back to Mexico" excuse has surfaced . If they are coming here, and having kids and starting families who exactly are they sending these funds back to? BTW, it's also a fact that the non-returned taxes and social security they pay in are padding their respective coffers by billions. If you don't think they are helping our economy just watch Georgia's farmers over the next few months.
I am all for streamlining any visas to come here but I am not for foreingers coming here taking Americans jobs that Americas WILL do, got that? I am not for immigrants coming here in unlimited numbers "just because they want to", got that? No sane American would go along with that.

Don't ever refer to me as anti-"immigration" either as I am opposed to only illegal immigration, not legal immigration in sensible numbers. That dishonesty on the pro-illegal side comes shining through every time.

I haven't a clue what your paragraph about tools is about. It makes no sense to me at all.

Sending remittances back to Mexico is just a fact. You have a problem with facts? That is monies not being spent in our economy. Another fact you have a problem with? Their sending money back to their families that haven't jumped our borders yet like mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, etc. It is common knowledge that they do it. It is the second highest form of revenue for Mexico. I can't believe you would pretend not to know this.

What non-returned taxes? Many do file taxes but most get it all back anyway because of their low wages and large families. The only thing they don't get back is SS and they have to be at least 62 to file for that anyway. Who cares what taxes they don't get back anyway. Consider it penalty for working in this country illegally and to help cover their huge social costs.

I don't give a damn about Georgia's farmers or any other employers who hire illegal aliens. If they can't stay in business unless they hire illegal aliens then they don't deserve to be in business. We have laws to follow and all Americans, including business owners need to follow them. Foreigners need to follow them and come legally also. If we are full up in our quotas for legal immigrants for the year then they have no right to come here anyway.

I am so done with you. It is making me sick at heart if you are American with the kind of mindset you are displaying here. Bye.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is the second highest form of revenue for Mexico.
Citation needed.

Quote:
Many do file taxes but most get it all back anyway because of their low wages and large families.
Citation needed but I'm almost certain this is wrong too. They don't file for returns because they use fake information.

Quote:
It is making me sick at heart if you are American with the kind of mindset you are displaying here. Bye.
Yes, I know my attitude that they actually help our economy, benefit our way of life and aren't horrible criminals is pretty perverse and definitely un-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration