Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post
Again no one here can read...

"societal driven slavery"

De facto not de jure.
How phony is that? Many Americans consider themselves to be some kind of slaves too but if you want to trivialize slavery -- have at it. Mexicans were never anything close to slaves in their own country.

And even if they were, they can follow the example of the American blacks and the American Civil Rights movement and work for social justice for their OWN country. Slavery has absolutely nothing to do with them coming here, it's the lust for easy money and US government handouts that motivates them.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetic3 View Post
Again no one here can read...

"societal driven slavery"

De facto not de jure.
Maybe you should define what "societal driven slavery" is since there is no such phrase. If it is what I think you are attempting to claim, they merely come here and are in the same situation, nothing has really changed, other than they are pushing someone out to take their place, which really isn't a moral situation.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think two willing parties should be able to engage in a contract without worrying about what you, or anyone else, thinks.
What you think and what our laws state are two different things. Our laws overide your "opinion".

Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Yes there is and the ten commandments are those higher laws. You know, like thou shalt not steal, lie, covet they neighbor, etc. Illegals break everyone of them.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Do you believe Martin Luther King was wrong for disrespecting Jim Crow laws?
You are comparing apples to oranges again. Blacks were citizens. Illegals are illegal "foreign" invaders.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
And that would only matter if the government raised taxes, which is a very unpopular position in Mexico, just like in the US.

It's almost cute that you believe that Mexico could absorb millions of sick Americans and care for them without raising taxes.

This seems to be your answer for everything: Ignore it if it's inconvenient.

And your answer seems to be that Americans should pay for whatever Mexicans demand. What other foreign nationals do you believe should Americans pay for? Or is it only Mexicans?

I'm not pro-illegal. I'm pro-common sense. I'm pro-human. I'm pro-logic. I'm pro-sensible immigration reform. I'm anti-discrimination. I'm anti-racism. Basically, I'm the opposite position from most people here, save the first one.

It is not common sense to tell Mexico's poor that the solution to their poverty is to move to America. It's not fair to let Mexico's oligarchs off the hook for the way they govern their society. It's certainly not fair to demand that America's middle class pay more in taxes to subsidize them. It's disgusting to imply that anyone who disagrees with your idiotic stance and ill thought out self congratulatory posturing is a racist.

You are not pro-human. You do not believe that American humans have the right to govern our society as we see fit without opposition from foreign invaders.
Loved you last sentence, Eleanor. These advoctes for illegal aliens take the moral highground all the time about being pro-human and yet Americans are humans also and they don't give a damn about them and the negative impact that illegal immigration has on them.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I don't blame the people from coming here illegally. I blame the U.S. government for not enforcing the laws on the books for not securing the boarders, for allowing sanctuary cities to not enforce the U.S. laws. it is too easy to come to America the odds are very good and that is what brings people here. enforce the laws and you will see a dramatic decrease of people trying to come here!! the first Americans did the same thing they left their country to come to look for a better place. black people didn't leave the U.S. because they knew that any Mexican would have traded places with them to be here in America!! all i saying don't blame people. turn your anger at the U.S. government for allowing these thing to go on!! vote for people that have the cajones to enforce the laws!! there is the blame!!
I see, so as an analogy you woudn't blame the guy driving the get-a-way car only the bank robber? There are three equally guilty parties in this mess and that is our government, the greedy employers AND the illegal aliens themselves. Just because you leave your door unlocked doesn't give you the right to come and steal the homeowner's stuff. Why do you treat these illegals like they are children that don't know right from wrong?

The first Europeans that came here did not do so illegally so you can stop that argument in its tracks right now!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
The OP makes the argument that the reason illegals are here is that if they didn't come here illegally then they would have starved. The OP presents no evidence to support the claim. The reason the OP doesn't present evidence is because there is none. Assuming that there is a shred of truth to the claim. I pose a question. If they are so desperately poor how can they afford to pay a coyote thousands of dollars to smuggle them?
I think another question that would more accurately represent illegals can be asked.
Would you break into anothers home, make demands, and then insist that you deserved ownership of anothers property simply because they had more than you?
This is the position of the illegal....

Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...Illegals break everyone of them.
Every one of them?...

Goddammit!...

Old 02-19-2012, 05:54 PM

44 posts, read 43,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Every one of them?...

Goddammit!...
Many Anti-illegals on this list would be in terrible trouble if the eighth was enforced.

In fact virtually all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration