Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 03:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Something's in the air: more and more Mexicans are thinking twice about coming here illegally these days. Too expensive with the coyotes and too great a chance of being caught and deported plus many places WON'T hire anymore unless the person passes E-verify. I said Mexicans since most illegals ARE from Mexico and many Central Americans say they're "Mexican" to ward off a long distance deportation.
I'm not too sure of that. Maybe they aren't going to some states, but a huge chunk of Juarez has simply relocated itself north. There are estimates that 250,000 people left Juarez in a very short time -- guess where most of them headed?

They technically didn't cross the border illegally because a huge number of them had the border crossing cards they used before to come and shop, use the free hospitals here, bring their kids to schools here. They can simply use the card to come here and the just stay.

And of course once over the border even if it was with a border crossing card that was meant for a limited visit, they can just go pretty much wherever they like.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:31 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't know about where you are, but north Texas is turning into a third-world hellhole.

Wouldn't know it by looking around here...seems there are more illegals than ever.
I live in So. Calif. and many of our cities are starting to look like a third-world hellholes also.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-18-2012 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
YOu may not easily find an immigration category to do so...
Perhaps not but who wants to live in this country anymore where our borders are unsecured and illegal aliens are welcomed guests by our government? If this trend continues we will no longer resemble the USA as we once knew it anyways. My option however, would never be to migrate to another country illegally no matter how bad it gets here (unless I feared for my life and could go as an asylum seeker). You haven't given your answer to the title of this thread. Why is that?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I live in So. Calif. and many of our cities are starting to look like a third-world hellhole also.
It's the same in some areas in metro DC. Formerly nice neighborhoods have been transformed into squalid barrios. Yet, all opponents are demonized.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...You haven't given your answer to the title of this thread. Why is that?
It is not even a question of whether I have entered other countries (plural) without the permissions of their standing governments at the time...

I've already done so...

And every occasion was at the behest of the United States, although it is one of those Purple_Rain things that I can allude to, but never prove by a source listing details...

One country specifically was Iraq, any possible others are an exercise for the reader...

For the United States, it has not always been through a recognized Port of Entry, but was pretty much on official grounds anyway...

Old 02-18-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's the same in some areas in metro DC. Formerly nice neighborhoods have been transformed into squalid barrios. Yet, all opponents are demonized.
And those squalid barrios to them seem like living like kings and queens compared with the squalid barrios they left behind. Back home the squalid barrios didn't have a giant welfare office where they could line up and be given hundreds of dollars worth of free food or food stamps, they didn't get completely free health care, as their health care system is nationalized and they must pay a small co-pay based on a sliding scale with their income. No WIC offices, no Section 8 government handouts.

It's very very easy to come here illegally, there is no expectation that the immigration laws will be enforced, their own government encourages them to come illegally to the USA, they are called heroes if they do so. There is almost no downside at all and at the same time the rewards are very very great.

Come here illegally and start demanding your rights, and sure enough, you will have even the presidents insisting you be moved to the front of the line, ahead of all those law abiding types that tried to come the legal way.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
It is not even a question of whether I have entered other countries (plural) without the permissions of their standing governments at the time...

I've already done so...

And every occasion was at the behest of the United States, although it is one of those Purple_Rain things that I can allude to, but never prove by a source listing details...

One country specifically was Iraq, any possible others are an exercise for the reader...

For the United States, it has not always been through a recognized Port of Entry, but was pretty much on official grounds anyway...
This was the question posed under this thread and you did not answer it! The question was about being a citizen of another country and coming here illegally to work. You dodged it completely by giving the answer above that wasn't even relevant to the question.

"If you were from ANOTHER country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family".

Old 02-18-2012, 08:38 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If you were from another country, would
You Sneak Into The U.S.A. Illegally to work
and feed yourself, and your family.

Or would you stay where you are and
do with out food and shelter etc.

Be Honest ! ! !
yes i would sneak in 100 times if i had. but i would not whine about. i would be thankful that i was released and not kept in jail for months. so that i could sneak back in! any human would do it

Old 02-18-2012, 08:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:

I've already done so...

And every occasion was at the behest of the United States
, although it is one of those Purple_Rain things that I can allude to, but never prove by a source listing details...

Are you suggesting you were a member of our Special Forces? Otherwise, you would indeed enter a country with a valid visa. Even CIA operatives have legal documentation to enter countries, as well as other agencies involved in covert operations. I personally know someone who issues their necessary documents. So, please don't start lying.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
yes i would sneak in 100 times if i had. but i would not whine about. i would be thankful that i was released and not kept in jail for months. so that i could sneak back in! any human would do it
No -- everyone doesn't do it.

The black people here had it far worse than any Mexican has it in Mexico but you didn't see the black civil rights leaders suggesting they break the laws of other countries and leave the USA.

Instead they fought and worked to improve their lives here in their own country. No law breaking of other nations.

Mexicans love to whine on and on about how horrendous their country is -- when they aren't chanting "viva mexico" but they are doing absolutely nothing to improve their own country. They're quick to protest and have big marches here in the USA demanding this and that right they feel they deserve for breaking the laws here but do they ever consider marching for their rights back home? Doing something for their people? No, it's just much too easy to come here and start demanding everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration