U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,665,726 times
Reputation: 1105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
they're a crap job because they rarely get benefits and the pay is low. id pour coffee all day if it paid 50k/year with health insurance.

So you need 50K to survive. They need less. Does that make them less than you, As you would say crap? People mowing Lawns in Mississippi are pulling in 50-80K a year, Pouring coffee in the pancake house pays in most areas 10-12 an hour with tips calculated in, and Making beds in a hotel pays pretty good as well, and most companies have benefits as well. So whats your point here?


right, but they are hardly a majority nationwide. they may be better represented in dense hispanic areas, but they hardly have a stake in the national number. many of these jobs are unattainable if they have no formal education, which is also a form of segregation against the poor.

So your saying there are no Hispanics in power in places with a dense Hispanic population. Humm why is that? Are you sure? Also you say that with no formal education you can not obtain these jobs, that would apply to any person of any color not just Hispanics. You seem to want to separate them from everyone else.. kinda bigoted in my view.

neither one of us look down on them. do not make assumptions. it is very clear by our stance that we are supporters of not only immigrants, but the lower class of america. i am glad you have common courtesy and tip. i do the same. why assume otherwise when i defend them in every other post?

Do you defend them.. do they need to be defended like some helpless population that needs you to step in and protect them. like they are beneath you. humm makes one think though doesn't it..
Not making any assumptions, I am just going off what you have posted thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
im sorry, i thought you said twice his size. that would mean they are 8'6" and 160 pounds. unless, of course, you were exaggerating.



so theyre criminals because theyre criminals, not because theyre illegal immigrants. if that was the case, all illegal immigrants would be criminals (aside from the actual "illegal" crossing, that is). the logic isnt there. treat criminals as criminals. dont look for an excuse to tie their ethnicity and status into it.
You take things way too literal. And yea in weight they are close to double his size, and their parents turned out to be illegals, and the kids refused to speak English to the police. So maybe through this they will get deported. I guess the Parents of three kids that got killed execution style by illegals were exaggerating as well or any of the others murders by illegals? You just choose to ignore or downplay our experiences. But we are suppose to take yours at face value , nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
Reputation: 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You just made my point.

If it were a White person they would not get treated like a dog. Black...it could still happen.

I rarely see an illegal Mexican cause any problems and I live in California.

Now I have seen lot's of Mexicans get treated like dirt doing the worst jobs already. However, treating people like dirt is not a crime.
people do not treat white people who do server, maid, housekeeping, lawn work, babysitting, janitor... etc, like dirt?
There are plenty of white and others who look down on other white people who have these jobs.
As far as illegal mexicans NOT causing problems well,,, aren't you the lucky one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You take things way too literal. And yea in weight they are close to double his size, and their parents turned out to be illegals,
of course i take things literal. what else am i supposed to do? assume all your posts are laced with exaggeration and mistruths? i guess that would explain alot... and as far as the parents are concerned, illegal. what about their kids? anchor babies? that would mean theyre citizens.

Quote:
and the kids refused to speak English to the police.
so? thats not illegal.

Quote:
So maybe through this they will get deported.
should we deport all people who assault others? if a black kid assaults me, we should deport him to africa? if a white kid assaults me, we should deport him to europe?

Quote:
I guess the Parents of three kids that got killed execution style by illegals were exaggerating as well or any of the others murders by illegals? You just choose to ignore or downplay our experiences. But we are suppose to take yours at face value , nope.

not all illegals are murderers. murderers come in all colors. so why point out the status when it is irrelevant? criminals are criminals. you said it yourself: trash comes in every color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:50 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
So you need 50K to survive.


no. i could survive off of much less.

Quote:
They need less. Does that make them less than you, As you would say crap?
nope, because i could survive off of less too. 50k is a middle class figure. that is why i used it. im sure i could survive off of way less than that.

Quote:
People mowing Lawns in Mississippi are pulling in 50-80K a year,
why is this hard for me to believe?

Quote:
Pouring coffee in the pancake house pays in most areas 10-12 an hour with tips calculated in, and Making beds in a hotel pays pretty good as well, and most companies have benefits as well. So whats your point here?

i would love to see a job listing for a cafe worker or a bedmaker that pays what you are claiming. otherwise, im going to assume youre making it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
of course i take things literal. what else am i supposed to do? assume all your posts are laced with exaggeration and mistruths? i guess that would explain alot... and as far as the parents are concerned, illegal. what about their kids? anchor babies? that would mean theyre citizens.



so? thats not illegal.



should we deport all people who assault others? if a black kid assaults me, we should deport him to africa? if a white kid assaults me, we should deport him to europe?




not all illegals are murderers. murderers come in all colors. so why point out the status when it is irrelevant? criminals are criminals. you said it yourself: trash comes in every color.
Saying I am exaggerating and lying seems like an attack to me. But I could say the same for you.

And the parents are illegal, deportation, if they discover the kids are deportation. And we cant deport our own citizens, but we can the people that dont belong here. Our citizens that commit assaults, should go to jail.

And it is in no way irrelevant that they are illegal, especially when people tout how grand they are all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Ghost ,going around calling people liars just seems like you are trolling looking for fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
So your saying there are no Hispanics in power in places with a dense Hispanic population. Humm why is that? Are you sure? Also you say that with no formal education you can not obtain these jobs, that would apply to any person of any color not just Hispanics. You seem to want to separate them from everyone else.. kinda bigoted in my view.
more densely hispanic populated areas see more hispanics in power positions. this is a no-brainer. as far as the educational system goes, the line is drawn not at color, but at language and income. poor people and non-english speakers have a tougher time in our current educational system, which makes it harder for them to achieve and become productive. college is only for the well-off, because even scholarships are limited. full scholarships are even more rare and are usually given to people that were able to work with the educational cirriculum and processes already established. i hope that clarifies things for you. i do not understand why you would think i am bigoted when i do nothing but advocate unity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Do you defend them.. do they need to be defended like some helpless population that needs you to step in and protect them. like they are beneath you. humm makes one think though doesn't it..
i defend my own viewpoints concerning them. that does not mean i think they are beneath me in any way. why would you draw that conclusion? it doesnt make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ghost ,going around calling people liars just seems like you are trolling looking for fights.
you said you didnt believe my blissful existence. are you trolling as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top