Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:59 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So please inform me why Mexicans are so proud of Mexico? Treats them like crap lets them die and starve in the streets and go without, and will shoot them if the protest, Why again are they so proud?
Well that will get a very emotional answer. I myself am proud because of the hard working and loving people that are in that country. Same way we have a lot of Americans that are not so proud of the government here, however, that doesn't make them any less of an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Well that will get a very emotional answer. I myself am proud because of the hard working and loving people that are in that country. Same way we have a lot of Americans that are not so proud of the government here however, that doesn't make them any less of a American.
So sounds like you are more proud of the people, not the country. Right now I am not proud of America, we are dropping the ball, letting our citizens come second, not proud because they cannot wake up and see that the government and 90% of the candidates are against us.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,866 times
Quote:
So sounds like you are more proud of the people, not the country. Right now I am not proud of America, we are dropping the ball, letting our citizens come second, not proud because they cannot wake up and see that the government and 90% of the candidates are against us.
but you will still fly the flag and consider yourself an american, right?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
but you will still fly the flag and consider yourself an american, right?
I dont fly the flag, havent for quite awhile. And yes I am an American what else?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM

185 posts, read 355,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Great Post! It's hard to argue with those stats.
Yes, quite frightening! I have a feeling that there's many more negative issues that fly under the radar.

If amnesty ever goes through in any form America won't last another five years. You think they're bold now?!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I dont fly the flag, havent for quite awhile. And yes I am an American what else?
well you choose not to fly the flag, but many choose to fly the flag. even those unhappy with our current administration. people have pride in the nobility of their struggling. the revolutionary war was fought by farmers and young men alike. that is where our pride comes from. the mexican immigrants would probably love to live in a healthier mexico. they were born there, raised there, and the culture is embedded in them. they understand the struggles their people go through, and that invokes pride. that is why many of them fly the flag... not to disgrace america. they are proud people who come here looking for a better life for themselves and their families. they love america, but their roots are strong.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
If amnesty ever goes through in any form America won't last another five years.
is that a fact or a guess?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
well you choose not to fly the flag, but many choose to fly the flag. even those unhappy with our current administration. people have pride in the nobility of their struggling. the revolutionary war was fought by farmers and young men alike. that is where our pride comes from. the mexican immigrants would probably love to live in a healthier mexico. they were born there, raised there, and the culture is embedded in them. they understand the struggles their people go through, and that invokes pride. that is why many of them fly the flag... not to disgrace america. they are proud people who come here looking for a better life for themselves and their families. they love america, but their roots are strong.
I havent seen the love, I have seen alot of demanding and protesting against us. the President of Mexico is a racist. He is racist against his own people. He doesnt want them there. So by us allowing this to continue, he has no reason to change the country. We are enablers, and it needs to stop.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I havent seen the love, I have seen alot of demanding and protesting against us.
have you tried to get to know any of the people or families? i recall pablo-me posted about his neighbor's wedding, and how finally involving himself with them changed his whole outlook. something similar could be beneficial to you.

Quote:
the President of Mexico is a racist. He is racist against his own people. He doesnt want them there. So by us allowing this to continue, he has no reason to change the country. We are enablers, and it needs to stop.
i agree, but punishing the poor is not the answer. we need to change the political process in mexico. the buck stops there, so to speak.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
have you tried to get to know any of the people or families? i recall pablo-me posted about his neighbor's wedding, and how finally involving himself with them changed his whole outlook. something similar could be beneficial to you.

i agree, but punishing the poor is not the answer. we need to change the political process in mexico. the buck stops there, so to speak.
yes I have, but my neighbors that are friendly are legally here. The illegal ones, no we had an altercation involving their car. I have worked with many illegals,a few, like three over the time, expressed true respect and was in the process of becoming citizens, the majority are very disrespectful to me and my family, so I dont bring my kids to the sites anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration