Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:48 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,151,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Another example of Hispanic culture being White Supremacist------despite their collective denial.
Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 12:12 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
The people from other countries are NOT OUR PROBLEM. If they have enjoyed the freedom and prosperity of America they need to introduce them to Mexico and make their own country a better place to live.
people from other countries is what makes up the population of the united states. there were no white, black, or asian people here 600 years ago. thats only 6-10 generations ago. what we have now is a collective group of immigrants that continuously evolve the culture, be it italian, african, english, philipino, etc.... also, the idea of introducing freedom into mexico is easily said, but their politicians are not willing to concede their wealth or power that easily. it is the same circumstance we face here in america with our economic missteps eating away at the middle class. just 60 years ago, a single income was enough to buy a house, car, and raise a family. what has happened to our country? sh** rolls downhill, meaning it starts at the top (washington dc), but settles at the bottom (poor people and immigrants). if we are going to promote freedom across the continent, we must approach it rationally, and with real solutions.

Quote:
There is more then one country on this continent. Let Mexico take care of their people and America will take care of theirs. Americans are sick of being expected to take care of the world.
america has involved itself with the rest of the world. nobody is asking us to build military bases in their countries, or legislate "free trade" that globalizes our economy. when the united states fatten themselves off of the rest of the world, it is a ludicrous notion, in my opinion, to not expect some sort of "blowback", especially from an impoverished neighboring country.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So now we are not only responsible for our own, which are not treated well these days, we are responsible for the Mexico too? How about the people of Mexico, rise up and make a stand for change, instead of running here and hurting our people and services.
a lot of the problem is rooted in our country's own economic downfalls. why are we focusing so much attention on immigration and not on washington dc? it is, after all, the corrupt politicians that are driving down our way of life moreso than any immigrant, legal or not.

Quote:
Where is thier "heart" for the american people, or is this just a one way street?
this is a question that couldve been asked 300 years ago. i know people are "living in the now", but our ancestors had no qualms about coming here and violently overthrowing a mostly peaceful native populace, ignoring their language and culture. today, we justify it by reminding ourselves that it is all in the past, but our mindsets would not be able to comfortably exist as they do without the brutality of generations past. and as much as we are angered by the immigrant influx, there is an understanding that the nastiness now will insure their children's children, and their children, will be able to have comfortably existent mindsets because of their actions now. we all want what is best for our children, right?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
NOT HERE! EVOLVE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!
if that was a viable mindset, i would have to go back to sweden or ireland. and i am a citizen. how does that work?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Mexico has a great deal of wealth. Let Mexico redistribute some of it to the poor. We have such a sad situation in our inner cities and nothing seems to be improving. I would rather put our $$ into our poor ghetto neighborhoods, get these children a real education, better paid teachers and some help. Crack down on Crack, period. We have plenty of poor US citizens to take care of, we can't possibly take all of Mexicos. Besides, what would the "world" community think of the USA if we started to send our poor over to Canada to feed because we just did not want to improve conditions here?
Sorry, but enough is enough.
the united states has a great deal of wealth, but it is not distributing it to its poor. why do you think mexico would be any different, especially with less wealth overall? the problem is not the average person, it's the politicians. it is ridiculous, in my opinion, to think that there is one average person alive who wouldn't do anything to keep their families (or themselves) fed and taken care of.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:25 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
if that was a viable mindset, i would have to go back to sweden or ireland. and i am a citizen. how does that work?
Are you orignially from Sweden or Ireland, or were you born here? See my family is from Germany and Ireland, but I am not, USA is my home so I have no where to go back too. People want to better themselves, great come legally, otherwise stay home and fix your own country. Illegals spit on my ancestors and what they went through everyday with their demands, they also spit on the people waiting in line trying to do it right. Complete lack of respect is all I see.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:27 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
GHOST, I think the majority of the people here, and I may be wrong, are talking about people here illegally. And I agree that every good parent would want what is best for their children but to do it illegally?? Why not do this in a legal fashion...isn't that what is best for the children? I think Nea1 has said it very well.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
These illegal immigrants are coming from nothing, how can they come here legally? Legal takes money, it is not fair to Americans but what else can these people do, stay in their own country and be oppressed...US gives them a chance.

GHOST does make a valid point though, US involves itself much of the time.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
These illegal immigrants are coming from nothing, how can they come here legally? Legal takes money, it is not fair to Americans but what else can these people do, stay in their own country and be oppressed...US gives them a chance.

GHOST does make a valid point though, US involves itself much of the time.
When they are paying coyotes thousands of dollars to smuggle them here, they cannot afford to do it legally? Instead of sending all that money home, maybe they should try to become citizens with it.

"Department of Homeland Security, announced Wednesday it wants to raise the application fee for citizenship from $330 to $595 and the fee for becoming a legal permanent resident from $325 to $905"

Old 10-02-2007, 12:42 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
In case you don't know, if you are an American citizen, this is your country. And don't take things out of context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration