Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
No, I've visited Mexico's poverty and it's no different than poor areas here now, and we have to put up with much gang violence, perverts, drugs and control of neighborhoods... People live in fear afraid to leave their homes that they cannot even afford.
There are Mexican towns that are nothing but dirt roads, barely a roof on their head, bathrooms are shared and outside of the house. No running water, no sewage, people get around on bikes. I know my grandfather made candies and ice cream and sold it from a tin can taped to his bike. Are Americans poverty using Mules and Donkeys?

Sounds like you are talking about LA, Los Angeles has huge problems because the Politicians in the town could care less about it.

Last edited by Mach50; 10-03-2007 at 08:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 08:12 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post

There are Mexican towns that are nothing but dirt roads, barely a roof on their head, bathrooms are shared and outside of the house. No running water, no sewage, people get around on bikes. I know my grandfather made candies and ice cream and sold it from a tin can taped to his bike.

Sounds like you are talking about LA, Los Angeles has huge problems because the Politicians in the town could care less about it.
Little boy has a sweet face but anyway, how is this our fault? Shouldnt their government care enough to help? or our we just the easy way?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Little boy has a sweet face but anyway, how is this our fault? Shouldnt their government care enough to help? or our we just the easy way?
Not so much Americas fault.

However, which way would you pick? Live in dirt and never have a chance for educating your family or live in an Apartment and have a chance in America.

For many of these people it is a matter of survival.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Not so much Americas fault.

However, which way would you pick? Live in dirt and never have chance for educating your family or live in an Apartment and have a chance in America.

For many of these people it is a matter of survival.
I have known many that have survived on little, no toilets, no running water, no heat, they were grateful for what they had, never asked or demanded a thing, which made people want to help them and they were grateful. I dont believe putting my woes on anyone, I have worked three jobs to feed my son (before I met my current husband0,i was 19 at the time and lived in my car for a month. I feel for them ( well not all) I do, but at what point do we say, enough you need to stand up for yourself and demand change in your own country. Nothing will change if they dont fight back. Mexico is not a poor country, the people are oppressed by their government, and our government meeting and shaking hands with their President is wrong, Bush is an ass for it.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,374 times
Quote:
I have known many that have survived on little, no toilets, no running water, no heat, they were grateful for what they had, never asked or demanded a thing, which made people want to help them and they were grateful. I dont believe putting my woes on anyone, I have worked three jobs to feed my son (before I met my current husband0,i was 19 at the time and lived in my car for a month. I feel for them ( well not all) I do, but at what point do we say, enough you need to stand up for yourself and demand change in your own country. Nothing will change if they dont fight back. Mexico is not a poor country, the people are oppressed by their government, and our government meeting and shaking hands with their President is wrong, Bush is an ass for it.
Hey the no toilets, no running wather and no heat sounds like what our ancestories endured. They fought hard for the freedoms in this country. They made something of this country. Now they are criticized for not wanting to see it become a third world country by allowing law breakers to squat here? This is a country of laws. Those that don't want to abide by them are not welcome, starting with immigration law breakers.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:37 AM

I suppose the Jews should have fought back more during the Holocaust too.

It is not that easy, definitely not in Mexico as it is in America. In America pretty much everyone has a chance, that is what makes this country so wonderful.

I really believe a lot of the demands coming from the illegal population today, is because they need basic medical care, I mean they are still human and working in a strawberry field all day can hurt. Also the discrimination towards Hispanics doesn't help.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I suppose the Jews should have fought back more during the Holocaust too.

It is not that easy, definitely not in Mexico as it is in America. In America pretty much everyone has a chance, that is what makes this country so wonderful.

I really believe a lot of the demands coming from the illegal population today, is because they need basic medical care, I mean they are still human and working in a strawberry field all day can hurt. Also the discrimination towards Hispanics doesn't help.
So you think the Mexican army would put all the " poor mexicans" into concentration camps for standing up to their right to have food? . The holocaust was racial and religiously motivated, I lost family there, so I would rather not get into it.
like I have said before, I have no problem with legal hispanics. And you know what I deserve good medical care, so do my kids, I work 12-14 hour days as well, luckily I am on a mini vaca right now, well suppose to be, but still working. My husband wears his bags 12 hour days, that hurts too,yet we manage to pay our medical bills.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
So you think the Mexican army would put all the " poor mexicans" into concentration camps for standing up to their right to have food? . The holocaust was racial and religiously motivated, I lost family there, so I would rather not get into it.
Yes I think something like that would happen, however it is much more cost effective to just oppress your people, and have them work like slaves.

Quote:
like I have said before, I have no problem with legal hispanics. And you know what I deserve good medical care, so do my kids, I work 12-14 hour days as well, luckily I am on a mini vaca right now, well suppose to be, but still working. My husband wears his bags 12 hour days, that hurts too,yet we manage to pay our medical bills.
Yes you do as do I, HMO's suck these days. What is an illegal Mexican going to do when they get hurt in the field and their employer doesn't pay for anything?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Yes I think something like that would happen, however it is much more cost effective to just oppress your people, and have them work like slaves.

Yes you do as do I, HMO's suck these days. What is an illegal Mexican going to do when they get hurt in the field and their employer doesn't pay for anything?
Oh I dont know,the same thing we have to do, either suck it up or go see a doctor and PAY THE BILL. No one pays my insurance for me, or medical bills.

And I am pretty sure Mexico would not go that route, outside countries, us being one of them ,would not go for that. but there is no reason for them to oppress other than greed, and that is something that can be changed.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,202,625 times
Mexico gets billions from their government owned oil reserves. What in hell are they doing with the money????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration