Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
But aren't those businesses owned by Cubans? The difference I see between the Cubans who came here years ago and those immigrants coming from Mexico now, is that the Cubans were educated, wealthy and most likely businessmen already when they first left Cuba and came here and many of the Mexicans who are coming over now are very poor, uneducated and not business savy.

Exactly my point, many are prejudice against the poor and impoverished. We do the same thing with the Chinese and Indians who are here illegally. If you are rich, stay, poor go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Exactly my point, many are prejudice against the poor and impoverished. We do the same thing with the Chinese and Indians who are here illegally. If you are rich, stay, poor go home.
No we are not, we have PLENTY of our own CITZENS that are poor and impoverished, ever been to the hills of Kentucky, could rival any 3rd world country, I have posted pics of this before.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No we are not, we have PLENTY of our own CITZENS that are poor and impoverished, ever been to the hills of Kentucky, could rival any 3rd world country, I have posted pics of this before.
My Family comes from Rural Tennesse. I myself am about 6 generations into poverty. As a child I lived in a trailer with 9 people.
I am White Trash.

However you comparing those places to 3rd World Countries is amusing and also offensive to anyone who has ever actually visited a third world country.

The problems the rural poor in America face compared to those in Mexico is NOTHING.
Trust me, I thought I knew what poverty was all about. Than I visited Mexico and Haiti. Now I know... I didn't know s***.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPete2Charlotte View Post
My Family comes from Rural Tennesse. I myself am about 6 generations into poverty. As a child I lived in a trailer with 9 people.
I am White Trash.

However you comparing those places to 3rd World Countries is amusing and also offensive to anyone who has ever actually visited a third world country.

The problems the rural poor in America face compared to those in Mexico is NOTHING.
Trust me, I thought I knew what poverty was all about. Than I visited Mexico and Haiti. Now I know... I didn't know s***.
Oh you mean poverty like this

In USA

Subpage

Subpage

Subpage

No these people and the people after them wouldnt know poverty would they? i have seen this, just as real as poverty in Mexico. To me this is really wrong, people here living like this in our country, yet we pay more attention to free loaders that demand things.

I have been to Mexico, saw poverty, saw rich.

Last edited by Nea1; 10-02-2007 at 10:15 PM..

Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh you mean poverty like this

In USA

Subpage

Subpage

Subpage

No these people and the people after them wouldnt know poverty would they? i have seen this, just as real as poverty in Mexico. To me this is really wrong, people here living like this in our country, yet we pay more attention to free loaders that demand things.

I have been to Mexico, saw poverty, saw rich.
Nice job mr. propaganda.
I have been to that site. ALL those pics are from the 1960's and 70's.
Even back than the amount of people living like that was an EXTREME minority and now it hardly exists.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,670 times
Quote:
Seriously, have a heart for a minute.

Are these people just never allowed to evolve on this continent?
The problems they cause for citizens and law enforcement, border patrol, etc. are so extreme that we can not take it anymore!!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
people from other countries is what makes up the population of the united states. there were no white, black, or asian people here 600 years ago. thats only 6-10 generations ago. what we have now is a collective group of immigrants that continuously evolve the culture, be it italian, african, english, philipino, etc.... also, the idea of introducing freedom into mexico is easily said, but their politicians are not willing to concede their wealth or power that easily. it is the same circumstance we face here in america with our economic missteps eating away at the middle class. just 60 years ago, a single income was enough to buy a house, car, and raise a family. what has happened to our country? sh** rolls downhill, meaning it starts at the top (washington dc), but settles at the bottom (poor people and immigrants). if we are going to promote freedom across the continent, we must approach it rationally, and with real solutions.

america has involved itself with the rest of the world. nobody is asking us to build military bases in their countries, or legislate "free trade" that globalizes our economy. when the united states fatten themselves off of the rest of the world, it is a ludicrous notion, in my opinion, to not expect some sort of "blowback", especially from an impoverished neighboring country.
What has happened to our country's citizens started with millions of illegals causing economic troubles of all kinds, clearly seen and felt since early 80's in L.A. The majority of citizens here are not immigrants, at least were not a few years ago.

Last edited by faith10; 10-03-2007 at 12:01 AM..

Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
I am White Trash.

No, I've visited Mexico's poverty and it's no different than poor areas here now, and we have to put up with much gang violence, perverts, drugs and control of neighborhoods... People live in fear afraid to leave their homes that they cannot even afford.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Nice job mr. propaganda.
I have been to that site. ALL those pics are from the 1960's and 70's.
Even back than the amount of people living like that was an EXTREME minority and now it hardly exists.
First off I am not a Mr. get your facts straight, and you know for a fact this doesnt exist? What you have taken a poll of everyone living in poverty? Because I have seen it since, but nobody wants to document it, it is easier to claim it doesnt exist. I guess their families just all went off to college and got degrees. Ya you keep thinking that.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Where does it say that a nation doesn't have the right to control immigration? What makes it so wrong to deport those who ignore our laws, those would abuse our generosity? This isn't a rich v.s poor issue. This is an issue of laws being broken, and the rights of legal citizens to expect our gov to do something about it. Yes many of these folks came here poor. That is not our problem. How they lived before coming here is not our problem. How their native country was treating them is not our problem.
We have our own problems in desperate need of repair and this country can not afford to put up with the mass flow of illegals anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration