Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:24 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
there is no way those immigrants would be other than hispanics, as is the closeness to mexico that is the main source of illegal immigrants. How is La Raza going to support hypothetical situations? That does not make any sense....

I agree, this is not the best moment to open the flood gates to a massive immigration, however a lot of the hate mongering against them is instigated mostly by white supremacists and its groups.

I am a centrist, and I would be all for the enforcement of laws like sb1070 if not only because it has been proven again and again that most lobbyst groups such as FAIR and VDARE are funded by white supremacists. And no, I am not hispanic.
It is not a hypothetical situation. It's simply the truth. La Raza and many hispanics support illegals just because they are hispanic. If illegals incite hatred it is for their actions rather than their race. They drive down wages, increase taxes on the middle class, overcrowd schools, drive without licenses or insurance even though they could legally avoid doing so, often refuse to learn English and serve to prop up dictators abroad.

To simply reduce opposition to illegals by implying that any hatred of them is racially based is ridiculous. People hate them because of their actions not because of their skin color. It is a particularly ludicrous assertion in light of how many Mexicans we let immigrate here just because they happen to have a family connection here but no other skills, let alone the kind we need and want.

If anything our policy towards hispanic immigration is far too generous. We should do as Canada does and emphasize skills, financial solvency, language ability and physical fitness rather than let the low skilled, non-English speaker with an eighth grade education here just because his brother or aunt happens to have settled in America.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
eleonora1 you sound like a very rational person, however as I said most of the groups creating the hate mongering are white supremacist.

Just google FAIR (and their principal money avenues such as The Pioneer fund)
VDARE
NumbersUSA

all created and run by white supremacists and white separatists. JUST FYI

Old 08-25-2012, 07:31 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The flip side of that argument is the fact that most of the support for illegals in the hispanic community is because most illegals are hispanic. How is that support not racism? Groups like La Raza aka The Race never give any indication they would support massive numbers of low skilled, non-English speaking people coming here without permission were the people in question not hispanic.

Meanwhile most Americans are against illegal immigration for factual reasons such as the fact that we have millions of American citizens who are unemployed right now.
We shouldn't have to prove anything to these people. It is against the law to come here illegally and that is all that matters and all the reason needed to object to their presence here. It is only the ethnocentrics defending illegal immigrants that are pulling the race card, talking about white supremists (even though they are a minority) because that's all they have. Yet as you said, wouldn't it be considered racist in itself to defend illegal immigrants just because they share an ethnic bond with them?

Who cares who writes or funds laws or legislation just as long as they are in the best interests of the American people and our laws. Will someone please answer that?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Gotta have something to do with the view that some people seem less willing to make even legal immigration more doable, and a perceived lack of good reasons as to why...

Old 08-25-2012, 07:42 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yldrosie View Post
You guys need some education. You had better become true to your own race, every other race in the world is. They are ALL racists according to the defination here.
True to my own race? What does that mean? The human race is my race and my fellow Americans regardless of race are my first concern. Only an ethnocentric would put their race or ethnic group so on a pedestal that they think they should be above the laws of the land or are superior to others.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Gotta have something to do with the view that some people seem less willing to make even legal immigration more doable, and a perceived lack of good reasons as to why...
Because we have a huge recession without jobs for people here? One would wonder even more why groups like La Raza are so in favor of low skilled migrants even when we don't have jobs for Americans.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Again, all illegal aliens are not Hispanic or from Mexico.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 PM

399 posts, read 705,281 times
I agree that any illegal immigrant needs to go back to their own country and if they want to come to this country, use the legal means and pay your way here like all legal immigrants. It's not cheap but it is the way to go. If you don't have a good reason to get here like with a NAFTA deal, marriage deal or previous family members already here that can sponsor you or then you need to rethink where you live and learn to adjust to that. This is a nice melting pot of people here and I have no objections of anyone coming over for the right reasons and the RIGHT WAY! Pay your dues like those of us who are legal and paid the fees and time spent doing it. I am now a legal citizen but it took me time, money and a lot of headache. But I did it the right way and am now proud to say I'm an American. Even if I do carry dual citizenship with my home country.
Best of luck to those who want to come but my request is please pay your dues!!!!! Not fair for those of us who had to if you do it illegal!

Old 08-25-2012, 11:09 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Again, all illegal aliens are not Hispanic or from Mexico.
However, using this thread as an example...anti-illegals only concentrate on Hispanic Mexicans. This concentration is so heavy that it is disproportional and therefore makes anti's look like racists.

If we were to run stastics on ethnic/race mentioned in this forum alone I would wager Hispanic Mexican are around 98%-99% IMO (based on my 5 years here ...a SWAG). It is very much a racist agenda.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
No. That is the rhetoric used by all illegals when making an argument against people who are against illegal immigration. They play the "race" card. Making it a discrimination and civil rights issue, rather than focusing on the crux of the issue...breaking laws. Not following correct procedures.

Take race out of the mix. Take language out of the issue as well. This is not about economics, it is simple...illegal aliens broke the law to come here. They have no right to here. They have no right to use American healthcare they don't pay for, to give birth to babies here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration