Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:38 PM

140 posts, read 111,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm talking about people from Mexico and Latin America starving and have no other choice but to come to the United States for a chance at a better life. Read my other post next time before you make assumptions. People seem to think i am Pro-Illegal. I'm not, I think tighter border security is much needed. However-- We know the Government won't start deporting anyone any time soon. The Government should give amnesty to all illegals ALREADY LIVING HERE and charge them for whatever money the Government wants. For those who refuse to pay, they should be deported and/or take money out of their paycheck. I don't think once they're legal they would want to be paid under the table.
MOD CUT To say that these people had no other choice but to enter our country illegally, steal the identity of legal citizens identity, demand amnesty for their crimes, etc. etc. is ridiculous! If I walk up to your house, kick the door off its hinges, come inside and rape your wife, daughter, etc. start eating your food, basically living off the fruits of your labor, shouldn't I expect to have my head blown off? How about if you were forced to allow me to keep living in your house? How would that make you feel?

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-21-2007 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Stick to topic and not comment on each other

Old 10-21-2007, 12:46 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
MOD CUT To say that these people had no other choice but to enter our country illegally, steal the identity of legal citizens identity, demand amnesty for their crimes, etc. etc. is ridiculous! If I walk up to your house, kick the door off its hinges, come inside and rape your wife, daughter, etc. start eating your food, basically living off the fruits of your labor, shouldn't I expect to have my head blown off? How about if you were forced to allow me to keep living in your house? How would that make you feel?
I am not pro-illegal. You think I want tax money to be spent on illegals? I don't even want tax money to be spent on welfare! I'm not saying that all of them had no choice, but a lot didn't. Which is why they ended up here. And I don't think any illegal person has ever walked into a house and raped people and eaten their food. Stop using ridiculous analogies to support your post. I don't think anyone should feast off anyones fruits of their labor which is why I don't support welfare and socialized welfare. And you completely changed the subject ranting about all the bad things that criminal illegals have done. Not all Illegals rape people and kill people.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
MOD CUT I'm saying that peoples situations in South America are, they either come to the U.S at a chance at a better life or they can die.
Nonsense. Did you even read my post? The one you supposedly responded to?
Quote:
My dad has said this before and I will say it again. There is no future for the poor people in South America. What would you choose to be, be poor here? Or South America? Thats why they come to the U.S.
There is no future for poor Americans without health insurance. Do you advocate Americans break Canadian law by posing as Canadian citizens?

I'll say it again (my dad is dead). All illegals were not starving. In fact, of the hundreds I've worked with and the dozens I've spoke to on the subject, none were starving in their countries of origin. None. Nada. Zip.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:56 PM

I NEVER SAID THAT ALL OF THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WERE STARVING. I SAID A LOT WERE WHICH IS WHY THEY HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO COME HERE.

And, we seem to be doing fine how it is without socialized health care. Why would I want to pay for someone else's welfare?! I want to cut taxes and give more of the tax money back to the people who worked hard to earn it.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I am not pro-illegal. You think I want tax money to be spent on illegals? I don't even want tax money to be spent on welfare! I'm not saying that all of them had no choice, but a lot didn't. Which is why they ended up here. And I don't think any illegal person has ever walked into a house and raped people and eaten their food. Stop using ridiculous analogies to support your post. I don't think anyone should feast off anyones fruits of their labor which is why I don't support welfare and socialized welfare. And you completely changed the subject ranting about all the bad things that criminal illegals have done. Not all Illegals rape people and kill people.
You missed the point. The point is the law. Your position seems to be that poor people should be allowed to break certain laws. Is that your position? If not, what exactly is the point of your argument? Saying that people immigrate illegally because they are poor is already understood. I hope you understand that the the entire hemisphere, with the exception of Canada and a few Carribean islands, is poor compared to the US. So what? Should immigration policy be based on relative wealth of nations? Your arguments seem simplistic and baseless. Please explain your position.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
If daddy says it's ok then it must be ok and true.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You missed the point. The point is the law. Your position seems to be that poor people should be allowed to break certain laws. Is that your position? If not, what exactly is the point of your argument? Saying that people immigrate illegally because they are poor is already understood. I hope you understand that the the entire hemisphere, with the exception of Canada and a few Carribean islands, is poor compared to the US. So what? Should immigration policy be based on relative wealth of nations? Your arguments seem simplistic and baseless. Please explain your position.

I have explained and re-explained and am tired of explaining MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-22-2007 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I NEVER SAID THAT ALL OF THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WERE STARVING. I SAID A LOT WERE WHICH IS WHY THEY HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO COME HERE.
Why then have I not met one single illegal who was starving? How much is a lot? Can you provide me with statistics on illegals who were starving in their homeland? I've spoken to them. I work with them. I read books. (I suggest Mexican Lives by Judith Adler Hellman. Ms. Hellman contradicts your claims. While many people struggle in Mexico, it seems none of them are starving.)

"Starving" is a buzzword. It's designed to elicit emotion. It's false.

Quote:
And, we seem to be doing fine how it is without socialized health care. Why would I want to pay for someone else's welfare?! I want to cut taxes and give more of the tax money back to the people who worked hard to earn it.
Again, you missed the point.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I have explained and re-explained and am tired of explaining to you, obviously someone who has no formal education.
You're funny. You haven't answered any of my questions. You're quick on the insults, however. Sure sign of someone who has no answers. (Six semesters at the University of Nevada, 1978 to 1982. Didn't graduate, but far from "no formal education." 3.93 GPA, I might add. What are your credentials, other than what your dad tells you?)

Old 10-21-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Why then have I not met one single illegal who was starving? How much is a lot? Can you provide me with statistics on illegals who were starving in their homeland? I've spoken to them. I work with them. I read books. (I suggest Mexican Lives by Judith Adler Hellman. Ms. Hellman contradicts your claims. While many people struggle in Mexico, it seems none of them are starving.)

"Starving" is a buzzword. It's designed to elicit emotion. It's false.

Again, you missed the point.
Why would there be statistics on people starving on their homeland? And I'm not talking about just Mexico, Latin America in general. Haven't you seen those commercials on T.V about feeding the starving children? And you think people who are hungry and have little or nothing to eat is a false emotion? Wow. You missed the point buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration