Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times

Advertisements

VDARE.com: 02/16/06 - Memo From Mexico: Mexico’s Surprising Admission—Emigration Not Necessary

excerpts:

On January 9th, at a press conference in Los Pinos (the Mexican White House), Fox administration spokesman Ruben Aguilar was asked about emigration.

Here is part of what he said,

“In some cases it [emigration] has to do with real problems of poverty, and in others it answers to other types of personal interest. Statistics reveal that a very, very high number of the persons who emigrate to the United Status had work in Mexico. They don’t emigrate to get a job, but they emigrate for another series of conditions also of a cultural character, because they hope for a better condition of life despite the fact that they had work here. They aren’t going because they don’t have work in Mexico."

Here's a study from the Pew Hispanic Center: Pew Hispanic Center: Pew Hispanic Center Report: Unemployment Plays Small Role in Spurring Mexican Migration to U.S. (http://pewhispanic.org/newsroom/releases/release.php?ReleaseID=37 - broken link)

The vast majority of undocumented migrants from Mexico were gainfully employed before they left for the United States, according to a Pew Hispanic Center report released today. The report suggests that failure to find work at home does not seem to be the primary reason that the estimated 6.3 million undocumented migrants from Mexico have come to the U.S.

[...]

• Unemployment plays a minimal role in motivating workers from Mexico to migrate to the U.S. Only 5% of the survey respondents who have been in the U.S. for two years or less were unemployed while still in Mexico.

Care to comment, ProLogic? In case you're having trouble following along, I'll spell it out. Ninety-five percent of those who illegally enter the US from Mexico were gainfully employed when they left. Do you still want to claim that they are coming here because they are starving?

Old 10-21-2007, 02:39 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
You said yourself you weren't just talking about Mexicans and how you go post an article about Mexicans. Whats your deal?

Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You said yourself you weren't just talking about Mexicans and how you go post an article about Mexicans. Whats your deal?
Care to comment? Do you still claim that illegals come because they are starving? Do you still think illegals are forced to immigrate? Do you have anything of substance? Do you have anything at all?

Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
I have read that as well; there are 'jobs' SOB, but the wages flat suck hence many people saying the hell with it and being illegals here.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have read that as well; there are 'jobs' SOB, but the wages flat suck hence many people saying the hell with it and being illegals here.
Agreed. We see the same phenomenon where struggling Americans take private jobs in Iraq for several times what they could earn in the US. This in no way supports the claim that illegals are starving. That's a flat out lie, and it's one of the things that disturbs me most about the open-border crowd.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
If I were an illegal immigrant, I would do the same thing the illegals in our country are currently doing. Doesn't make me right, however.

If I were an anchor baby, it would depend on how old I was to whether or not I would move, and a lot of other situations. That is tougher to ask.
Even an 'anchor baby' sent to the country of its parents has the legal right to return to the USA on its 18th birthday.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Even an 'anchor baby' sent to the country of its parents has the legal right to return to the USA on its 18th birthday.

Bingo!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Sorry I must haven't been very clear then, my questions were the following.

what would you do if you were in an illegal immigrant shoes?
Go home.

Quote:
what would you do if you were in the shoes of a son of illegal immigrants?
Go home, all the while griping at my parents for putting me in that situation (that of an illegal immigrant).

Old 10-22-2007, 05:12 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
[quote=texanborn;1790118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Really? If you haven't noticed most of Latin America is third world. People in Mexico live under $4.16 a day. Almost half of the population in Mexico is under poverty. I've seen first hand at starving people in Mexico, I go there every December. You have no clue. Have you not seen the 30 days where the border patrol volunteer got sent to Mexico?![/QUOT

I'll say it again they are NOY starving.
you're right. starving people spend their meager financial resources on food, and don't have money to pay coyotes to smuggle them into our country.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 PM

[quote=katenik;1801285]
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post

you're right. starving people spend their meager financial resources on food, and don't have money to pay coyotes to smuggle them into our country.
Your incorrect, the money for the coyote is usually borrowed from Family members already in the U.S Plus a lot don't even use Coyotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration