Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:07 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,566 times

Advertisements

YouTube - NSM - March against illegals

I think the Minutmen want to be like these guys. I think ecspecially the guy who looks like a skinny Stone Cold Steve Austin at minute 1:11.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post

I think the Minutmen want to be like these guys. I think ecspecially the guy who looks like a skinny Stone Cold Steve Austin at minute 1:11.
Yeah, cause obviously if your against illegal immigration you must be a Nazi. Guess I'd better go shave my head.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,566 times
Quote:

I think the Minutmen want to be like these guys. I
Carefully read the original post, SimpleMan. You can be an anti-illegal immigration activist and still not be associated as a Minutmen.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking209 View Post
How do you compare illegal immigration to jaywalking? I'll explain it again, make sure you're listening this time. ARE YOU LISTENING? ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION THIS TIME?

The problem is not them crossing the border. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT! IF THEY WANT TO RUN BACK AND FORTH ACROSS THE BORDER LINE ALL NIGHT NO ONE WOULD CARE! The problem is the tax expense, disease, loss of American jobs and increased crime rate that occur with them living here ILLEGALLY! Grant them work visas, and they are still taking American jobs, still raising the crime rate, and still bringing disease. What exactly is your agenda? Are you all for open borders? Do you not feel it wrong for Mexicans to skip the process while those from Europe and Asia EARN CITIZENSHIP LEGALLY? How do you not see $10 million in enforcement efforts as a savings to $1.3 BILLION in what the illegals cost us now? What did you not understand about getting rid of the illegals' free ride causing them to self deport, COSTING US NOTHING? Please, try to make sense of your thinking to me. And please, pretty please don't just repeat the exact same phrases you have said 30 other times in this thread already.
The only federal customs issue is that of crossing the border without inspection.

The states have no constitutional obligation to care if a person is from out of state or from out of State (a foreign state), since 1808 when that power expired.

What you are telling me is that you prefer forms of tyranny to being legal to our glorious Constitution.

Quote:
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The phrase "under God" has nothing to do with securing our nations borders Daniels - NOTHING -

Do I support amending our laws as I noted? Yes - without question. As do a majority of Americans
You seem to be missing the point. Would a moral people be willing to be false to their Constitution?

Anyone who has taken the pledge with the phrase, "under God", claims to adhere to a morality that precludes bearing false witness (or being false) to our Constitution.

We have a Ninth Amendment, and the states are specifically denied and disparaged the power to impair in the obligation of contracts (between private individuals that may result in employment).

Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Huh????

Do you have legitmate links to such proposals and how it would be implemented?
It would be no harder to implement than it is for an amusement park to issue entry "visas" to visit and/or work in the park. It is a simple business model that anyone can understand.

Forms of insurance could also be incorporated as part of the fee for the visa.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Your logic eludes me. You wish to reward criminal behavior by granting a visa to the ones who have committed crimes. ie ID theft, tax evasion, fraud etc.
You wish to reward those who have stolen livelyhoods from honest citizens.
I on the other hand can empathize with the plight of mexico's poor, but first and always care about the plight of my fellow americans first. truth be known I care about americans first and only want to help all americans first. Once all americans are stable and well off can we afford to try and help others.
No way should we give rewards to those with so little regard for their would be benifactors. They have helped to create the very hell from which they flee, let them fix their problems rather than inflict yet more problems upon us.
You point is only valid if you also consider paying a fine on a fixit ticket to be the equivalent of rewarding someone for being an illegal in that instance.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Carefully read the original post, SimpleMan. You can be an anti-illegal immigration activist and still not be associated as a Minutmen.
The minutemen are individuals who volunteer their time to monitor our southern border so as to prevent any MORE illegal immigration. They follow and respect our countries' laws, and notify border patrol immediatly if they see people crossing illegally. They are anti-illegal immigration, they are NOT white supremists. Get your facts straight.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
The only federal customs issue is that of crossing the border without inspection.

The states have no constitutional obligation to care if a person is from out of state or from out of State (a foreign state), since 1808 when that power expired.

What you are telling me is that you prefer forms of tyranny to being legal to our glorious Constitution.
You will obviously never accept the information that many, many people on here have presented you with. The fact that NOT ONE person has agreed with your point of view should tell you something. It's clear to me that trying to reason with you will get me nor anyone else on this thread anything but aggrevation, so I am done with you. Good day.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Uh...no. There are those pesky residence and work requirements that one must follow.

Your jaywalking analogy is fallacious. Going along the same lines, a valid analogy would be walking to the middle of the street and refusing to move.

Quote:
That states are not obligated says nothing about states' rights.

Quote:
My oh my. What glorious demagoguery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration