U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Well to me and most Americans, America IS private property. The govenment is doing nothing about it, so citizens are taking it into their own hands. Expect to see more of that if someone with a liberal immigration position is elected president. We the people have had enough.
And for everyone's information, I don't own A gun, I own 5. Yes there are a lot of us gun owning, NRA member, good ole boy red blooded Americans still around. You say it like it's a bad thing, I don't belive it is. Texas has a right to carry law and has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation. Wonder why that is. And if that's how us "anti-illegals" are perceived, why does it seem that all the "pro-illegals" are either 1) Wealthy Liberals who do not have to deal with this situation (other than paying their maid or gardener), 2) People of the same race as an illegal (any illegal) who tend to use emotion for their standings, not logic, or 3) High school or college students who have extremely limited real world experience? Yet almost all middle class citizens are tired of the illegal problem, ever wonder why that is?
So you think Texas has a great crime rate because people walk around in fear of getting shot by one another?
Honesty thru paranoia?

 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
 
14,206 posts, read 7,402,658 times
Reputation: 8018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So you think Texas has a great crime rate because people walk around in fear of getting shot by one another?
Honesty thru paranoia?
I think it has something to do with it, but this is way off topic, open border guy brought it up in the first place, minutemen carry when on the border. I only want to use mine only for sport, God forbid a criminal breaks in my house, I'll be ready.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So you think Texas has a great crime rate because people walk around in fear of getting shot by one another?
Honesty thru paranoia?
Yes off topic indeed, but to answer your question, criminals only want to attack those unarmed, i.e., easy prey. They don't want someobody shooting back.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,330 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
United States Customs are under what department of United States Government?

And, your original question was:



My response was, and remains, ask the FBI, CIA or Homeland Security

OBTW - they are not "Irregulars" - they are ILLEGALS
I thought you were discussing terrorists, as separate and distinct, from jaywalkers across state lines.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,330 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Do you oppose gun ownership?

Do you own a firearm?
No. I do not oppose gun ownership. The Ninth Amendment and lack of authority to Prohibit commerce is pretty clear on the subject. The Second Amendment is clear on the purpose of federal recourse to gun ownership by individuals.

I do not own a firearm. The 9A also implies the reserved right to not be as well regulated as people who do keep and bear arms; especially, if there is no Invasion or Rebellion, or formal declaration of war by Congress.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So you think Texas has a great crime rate because people walk around in fear of getting shot by one another?
Honesty thru paranoia?
Maybe this article will provide some insight as to the emphasis being put on illegal immigration:

5 indicted in 'Zip Tie' crimes
Suspects face a total of 96 charges in robbery spree


Maricopa County grand jury has indicted five defendants - four of them undocumented immigrants - in the "Zip Tie" bandit crime spree, County Attorney Andrew Thomas said on Sunday. Thomas said that 96 charges were filed in a 36-count indictment.

He discussed the Zip Tie case and the connection between undocumented immigrants and the Valley's crime rates at a rare weekend news conference.

In the Zip Tie case, six men are accused of robbing four Mesa grocery and discount stores over a nearly five-month period.


5 indicted in 'Zip Tie' crimes (broken link)
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
No. I do not oppose gun ownership.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I do not own a firearm.

Thank you
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
 
Location: US, California - federalist
2,795 posts, read 3,098,330 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then, contact your Congressional Representative(s) and suggest changes to the current law.

Until then, the law is to be enforced

OBTW - not everyone coming illegally to the US is a) employed nor b) employable
Which laws are being enforced? Crossing the border without inspection, in the manner of many current "illegals" is only a misdemeanor. Most misdemeanors can usually be satisfied by a simple fine.

The states have no Constitutionally enumerated authority to enforce US Customs laws. The same can be said of individual people.

Why are you making a bigger deal than is required for a misdemeanor? Do you also have the same attitude about the misdemeanor of jaywalking or are you being inconsistent because you have an ulterior motive for doing so? You have already establish that you are not doing it for the greater glory of our republic.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I just don't see a reason in living in paranoia with a gun in the house ....
As one who has had personal experience with protecting my family from being harmed by an intruder with my firearm, I can assure you I do not live in "paranoia" - but, I do have a firearm (actually, more than one) in my home. And, as before, I would not be opposed to, nor afaid to, use it - again.
 
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
The states have no Constitutionally enumerated authority to enforce US Customs laws. The same can be said of individual people.
Are you aware of the laws (state) regarding the prohibition of human smuggling (a felony) in the State of Arizona? I don't believe you do for, this is one of the laws being enforced

Are you aware that many local law enforcement officers have also been federally sworn, and trained, and these officers are enforcing US Customs laws - as federal officers? I don't believe you do for, if you did, you would recognize the error in your above statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top