Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:17 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You were the one who said that we should bribe illegals to leave.
Of course. If it costs nine trillion dollars to keep them and one trillion to keep them what would you do?

this is a trick question. Think carefully.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
You were the one who said that we should give them money to leave. Now you're losing track of your own posts.
Uhh no. Are you having troubles getting old? You seem to be unable to follow the posts.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
^In fact, here is where you said it
Yes. I certainly said it. And?

Old 07-04-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I agree with you. rewarding a criminal is absolutely never the right answer, it only encourages more of the same behavior.
Any country that can save 8 trillion dollars by rewarding some small set of offenders should do so without a thought.

Now if there is not 8 trillion dollars? But could DandDi be wrong? Ohh perish the thought.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:28 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So you don't believe the 9 trillion cost? Are you doubting this key figure?
Try reading my post again.it won't work because bribing will encourage more to come. You won't save anything.

I've never heard a more absurd idea. Why don't you try bribing felons when they're released to make sure they won't commit another crime?

Old 07-04-2014, 10:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Try reading my post again.it won't work because bribing will encourage more to come. You won't save anything.

I've never heard a more absurd idea. Why don't you try bribing felons when they're released to make sure they won't commit another crime?

LOL no kidding. I know banks should bribe bank robbers after they rob the bank so that they don't rob it again.
Put a sign out front. All would be bank robbers this week only $50,000 not to rob us. No questions asked.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Ivoc, I will address your post and question one last time. I'm becoming quite frustrated with you (and others) who spout all kinds of opinions (and as I said before, sarcastic, pithy barbs) about a very serious topic - and I don't believe even one of you has posted any links, resources, references, or other indications of logical support, nor cogent thought processes.

But to humor you, as well as prove a point, I shall do so here.

First of all, when one is traveling (as you were, as were the foreigners), a health certificate is usually not necessary. Additionally, your allegation is incorrect. Health inspections are NOT just reserved for the poor!

This all changes when a LEGAL immigrant is applying for entry into our country. Ditto for those on Visas. Forgive me, but I thought that was common knowledge!!!

Here are several sources, which I hope should MORE than satisfy you. I don't usually like to stereotype, but the fist week I've spent on CD, learned how to identify the libs and loonies. They're the ones who spout emotion and anger over logical debate...and usually (at least what I've seen in the immigration forums), they haven't supplied "sources"...yet ask everyone else for the same.

So, tell me if these 5 resources suffice: (Do me a favor, please READ them! I'm becoming weary of posting some very information-laden and well-researched articles that no one has read...do their detriment.)

Refugee health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2014/chapter-9-health-considerations-for-newly-arrived/before-arrival-in-the-united-states-the-overseas-medical-examination

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/07/children_crossing_border_illegally_a_possible_publ ic_health_crisis_from.html
~Submitted with respect, Dandi
do you have any idea what you are doing?

these people are not legal immigrants so none of this applys.

The third and fourth reference appear to be the same and the fifth is a 404.

So you did get 3 of 5 right though there appears to be no point to any of them.

The usefulness of a medical check for one coming over from Tijuana escapes me.

I agree it is required if you are a legal refugee. But if you are not?

Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

Hell half the US will move to Mexico and sneak back in if you are willing to pay them a small part of 9 trillion. We don't need any Mexicans.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:56 PM

671 posts, read 690,882 times
Quote:
Any country that can save 8 trillion dollars by rewarding some small set of offenders should do so without a thought.

Now if there is not 8 trillion dollars? But could DandDi be wrong? Ohh perish the thought.
***Nope. Check the reference I posted 'way back. Look for it and read for yourself.

Quote:
do you have any idea what you are doing?

these people are not legal immigrants so none of this applys.

The third and fourth reference appear to be the same and the fifth is a 404.

So you did get 3 of 5 right though there appears to be no point to any of them.

The usefulness of a medical check for one coming over from Tijuana escapes me.

I agree it is required if you are a legal refugee. But if you are not?
That's not the question you asked me. See below:

Quote:
I have entered the US well over 100 times. Twenty or thirty of those while accompanied by foreigners. We have never had a health inspection. Twenty or so times I came in from Mexico.

So it is known that well off people who come into the US are OK...you need only worry the poor ones.

Source?
Ivoc, I'm thinking YOU can't keep track of YOUR posts. YOU asked the question above, and I posted links that indicated just WHO is given health screenings. NOT regular travelers, NOT illegals (for obvious reasons, I hope! Or, do I have to explain this to you, too???). Therefore, WHO is left? Why, LEGAL immigrants and those pursuing VISAs!!! I gave you what you asked for. To subvert this, and play your silly games is sophomoric, and typical of a loony left.
And ALL links worked for me. Maybe your computer, like your mind, is going soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Like you I have posted repeatedly the steps to legal immigration and links to support my statements in that regard. I was actually called a liar on another thread in spite of links proving the steps to gaining a VISA. (The first step in legal immigration.) The required health screening and police background checks, the biometrics. the whole list.
The idea that laws can't be changed as lvoc claims is insane. laws are written and amended all the time.
Tinman, others as well as I, completely agree with you! This is just about all this man can harp on. I think we should all press our "ignore" buttons! He's become a pesky gnat.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:58 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Tinman, others as well as I, completely agree with you! This is just about all this man can harp on. I think we should all press our "ignore" buttons! He's become a pesky gnat.
------------------------
I've already pressed that button, Dandi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration