Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:30 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Far away.

Because I will have moved.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:25 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They do both---and you know it, too.

Many of them work under the table jobs and at the same time tap into welfare benefits for their anchor babies.
What are the statistics on illegal aliens using welfare? I'm talking about the illegals themselves, not any US born children they may or may not have; who, by definition, are eligible for welfare benefits because they are Americans.

But, since you mentioned welfare benefits for their anchor babies, you do know that the benefit amounts is only barely enough to cover their children only, not themselves? Oh, and, by definition, these kids are Americans. But, I'm sure your politics say that no American is allowed any welfare anyway

Old 07-04-2014, 06:45 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What are the statistics on illegal aliens using welfare? I'm talking about the illegals themselves, not any US born children they may or may not have; who, by definition, are eligible for welfare benefits because they are Americans.

But, since you mentioned welfare benefits for their anchor babies, you do know that the benefit amounts is only barely enough to cover their children only, not themselves? Oh, and, by definition, these kids are Americans. But, I'm sure your politics say that no American is allowed any welfare anyway
Statistics would be impossible to know......working under the table does not leave much paper.....more and more citizens are working under the table too.

Do adults get welfare.....yes they live in the homes with the legal minors.....it may not be direct....but, they benefit.....also the checks go into bank accounts.....an adult has to be on the account.

Then there are the federal funds that go though corporations.....one of their purposes IS to funnel funds to illegals......yes.....YOUR tax dollars.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:50 AM

671 posts, read 690,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Unbrainwashed, with respect, try to do some reading about the cost and other detriments of illegals- there's a host of articles on the web from well-respected resources.

Here's what I found:

It's almost impossible to estimate what % of illegals receive welfare, because of the very definition of
"Means-tested benefits" (welfare). This include tax credits, food stamps,SSI, section 8 public housing, Temp Asssist. For needy families, school lunch programs, WIC, etc.

Don't forget, there's also costs that are "Population-based expenditures" which include police and fire protection, courts, parks, sanitation, andfood safety and health inspections. Another important population-basedexpenditure is transportation, especially roads and highways.

Oh, and don't forget healthcare. Illegals receive free healthcare at various clinics (set up specifically for illegals in low-income areas) and hospitals, mostly the Emergency Rooms.

So, having said that, it's estimated that In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits...and that's the LOW estimate.

The LOW estimate of benefits given over the lifetime of the aggregate of illegals (most probably then would become citizens under the amnesty programs) will be over $9 Trillion dollars.

This is NOT sustainable!!!! I hope that gives you some insight.
~ thanks, DD

Old 07-04-2014, 07:52 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
If DFW is any indication...

Middle-class suburbs will be thronging with Indians and Chinese immigrants taking all the white-collar jobs, and undereducated Latinos will be mowing their lawns and cleaning their houses.

OH WAIT, that's already happening.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:56 AM

671 posts, read 690,672 times
So, in 10 years? We'll look like Mexico!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
So, in 10 years? We'll look like Mexico!
In some ways...yes.

Our middle class is getting smaller every day.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
In some ways...yes.

Our middle class is getting smaller every day.
Yup. We're turning into a banana republic.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:07 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Kaput.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:40 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times
This thread is rediculous fear mongering.

Economists agree, if you opened every border, world gpd would double... If just the U.S. opened it's borders, production would at least quadruple, which also means more consumption and more wealth.

The U.S. would FLY past the BRICS nations if they opened their borders, and we could get rid of some of this ridiculous debt. To bad it won't happen because bigots like to pretend the welfare problem is an immigration problem.

If some guy can wander across the border with no shoes, no education, and no knowledge of the English language.. and they can still take your job from you... you are a loser. Your job can be done by somebody with no education and no knowledge of English, yet you expect to get paid a living wage for it...

This comes from a source that liberals call "too conservative":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDK9Ic2qx3I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration