Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 08:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

I can agree with securing the border, but I think step 1 should be putting some real teeth in our laws regarding employing illegals. We need to eliminate the reason illegals are here first. After doing that it will change the requirements on the border.
I agree the immigration system is cumbersome and our requirements need to be updated to reflect what this nation really needs.

Finally, what's reasonable and how does he define crime?
I feel that it's perfectly reasonable to enforce our laws. If they are working here illegally isn't that a crime? Isn't using a false identity a crime? What about no paying taxes?
Legal immigrants can be deported for the crime of falsely claiming to be a citizen. Shouldn't we at least hold illegals to that same standard?
Compassion: We as a nation owe it to our own in need to help them first. I have said it many times. We don't owe illegals anything.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
While Rubio is right about some things, his stance on amnesty and illegal immigration is what's preventing me and a lot of other people from voting for him.
I have to admit, I will most likely support him and I see his stand a little differently but I agree. I wish he was a little harder on the issue. I really do not know the answer. I do feel it is totally out of the question to think we are going to send millions back to their home country. I even have reservations as to whether it would be humane, but I am not sold on his softness. I am hoping he will think his stand over a little more closely or maybe be able to explain it in a way more can accept it. I believe it is pretty hard to totally get your point across in a debate. I want to see him explain what he would do in a one on one interview. I have heard him interviewed many times, but am still not clear on how he really feels.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:02 AM

The amazing thing is and I am sure most realize this: the illegals are not even hiding behind the house. They are in plain sight. Both our granddaughters work for companies that have to treat illegals as well as legals and everyone knows which is which. They both have their hands tied. It is ridiculous. We are never going to send them back. This is my point, cut and dry. I don't care who is President. Now, to be honest, I have to admit I am shop at both Asian markets and Mexican markets: I do not walk in and ask if those working there are all here legally? The stores have products I use for cooking I can not find anywhere else, are clean and the people working there are hard working. This is the same with the place I used to have my pedicures as well. I have now found a place where I know they are legal and it makes me feel better, but how many of us can honestly say, we have never done business with a person that may not be here legally?

Old 12-19-2015, 06:10 AM

16 posts, read 12,463 times
There is no way allowing 11 million illegals to stay in any country is "reasonable." Either you have laws and enforce them, or you don't have a country. The cost of maintaining illegals increases taxes in California by 300%. Sending them back to where they came from is cheaper. Only by DC accounting practices is it not. Who are the benefactors of the low wage illegals? That's easy to figure out. The czars of agriculture, but not the "people."

What government body counts 11 mil illegals but can't find them? It's outrageous on its face. Rubio is running as a Republican while pandering to Democrats. Finding most illegals is pretty easy. They are on the SS living expense dole, food stamp dole, Medicare dole. If they are working (illegal), they can be weeded out easily with the electronic vetting system.

So, this is a case of our rights being violated by the government who is allowing illegals to stay while the people are forced to pay for it.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:50 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The amazing thing is and I am sure most realize this: the illegals are not even hiding behind the house. They are in plain sight. Both our granddaughters work for companies that have to treat illegals as well as legals and everyone knows which is which. They both have their hands tied. It is ridiculous. We are never going to send them back. This is my point, cut and dry. I don't care who is President. Now, to be honest, I have to admit I am shop at both Asian markets and Mexican markets: I do not walk in and ask if those working there are all here legally? The stores have products I use for cooking I can not find anywhere else, are clean and the people working there are hard working. This is the same with the place I used to have my pedicures as well. I have now found a place where I know they are legal and it makes me feel better, but how many of us can honestly say, we have never done business with a person that may not be here legally?

Knowingly? I seriously doubt that law abiding Americans knowingly patronize businesses with illegal aliens. They'd be hypocrites to do so.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Knowingly? I seriously doubt that law abiding Americans knowingly patronize businesses with illegal aliens. They'd be hypocrites to do so.
I totally ageee, but I think you missed my point: most of us do business with companies that hire minorities and some of those may be illegals. We do not take the time to question if the clerks or office managers or even the laborers are legal and I doubt Mr. Trump does either. Anyone who says they question before doing business with a company is either lying or just a little to self righteous for me.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
I totally ageee, but I think you missed my point: most of us do business with companies that hire minorities and some of those may be illegals. We do not take the time to question if the clerks or office managers or even the laborers are legal and I doubt Mr. Trump does either. Anyone who says they question before doing business with a company is either lying or just a little to self righteous for me.
Not all the time. I'll try to support either a US citizen or at least a legal alien when hiring help or buying something.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:09 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
A vote for Rubio is simply a vote for what we have now.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:51 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

We don't have the right to do that. Do you actually think they would admit it if they hired illegal aliens anyway? Let's take produce for example. Only 2% of illegals are picking crops. Most doing so are legal immigrants. So do we stop buying produce in the market now because by chance one of those 2 percenters might have picked the ones you want to buy? I don't know what Trump did or didn't do. All I am saying is that most rich guys don't hire manual laborers themselves. They leave that up to their underlings to do. Their underlings know it is against the law to hire illegal aliens.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:57 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Rubio: 'I Think the American People Are Going to Be Reasonable' on 11M Illegal Aliens

So, Rubio wants to give them all amnesty. No surprise that coming from him. Another good reason to not want him to be president.

From the article:

(CNSNews.com) - Asked at Tuesday night's debate if he still supports a path to citizenship for illegal aliens, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said yes -- but not in so many words.

Rubio said the first step is to secure the border; the second step is to "reform and modernize the legal immigration system."

"And after we have done those two things, I think the American people are going to be reasonable with what do you do with someone who has been in this country for 10 or 12 years who hasn't otherwise violated our laws -- because if they're a criminal they can't stay.

-----------------------------------------
Ummm, no, Rubio. Letting illegals stay is NOT being reasonable. Being reasonable is not granting amnesty in any way, shape or form. Being reasonable is making life so tough for illegals that they will leave on their own.

Besides, illegals have to violate other laws in order to live here, such as ID theft and tax evasion.

This just killed Rubio. We can't afford, continue to afford, 11,000,000 more people here many of which, live off the government in minor and major ways. As I have said dozens of times on CD, we need to hang a "NO VACANCY" sign on the statue of liberty. Complete with intermittent blinking as seen in a run down Motel. We're full.

Hanging on to tradition for tradition's sake is foolish. It's expensive to keep bringing folks in, dropping in the laps of social services and running our systems into the ground. Enough, is enough. Close the borders, help them in their own countries.

Want to make the world more democratic in policy? Keep folks in their own countries. When they get sick and tired of their dictators, they will depose them. Period. It's not our job to free them. May they free themselves and enjoy better lives.

Close the borders, to INCLUDE Canada, now. We can't afford any more "teeming masses"...one need only look at any major metro and can see, we have all the "teeming masses" one could ever hope for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration