Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
PL - my point mentioning contracts is, only ENGLISH language is enforceable in the courts BY LAW.

It is called, the UCC - The Uniform Commercial Code - which BTW is FEDERAL

There are many other examples PL
There is no point to anything, I was simply asking you if English is the Federal official language of the U.S. A simple yes or no question would do much fine.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
There is no point to anything, I was simply asking you if English is the Federal official language of the U.S. A simple yes or no question would do much fine.
Yes - it is the offical language of law in the United States

Old 02-24-2008, 12:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
It would mean that you will end paying more (lets' imagine that the employees are being paid 30% more)...I hope that you won't complain about the prices when that happens.
As a blanket statement, this is false. Take your own advice and realize that economics is more complicated than you make it. Supply and demand set price, not cost of production, especially cost of labor. In manufacturing, labor is generally way down the scale in associated costs. Raw materials cost far more than labor.

What amazes me about certain liberals (not necessarily referring to you); on the issue of raising the minimum wage, liberals will point to studies showing it has no impact on inflation, yet regarding illegal immigration, inflation suddenly becomes a concern.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
Then boycott them, stop shopping at Wal-Mart, buy american made products and etc. I work with many fortune companies and the discussion about reducing cost and earning a profit (this can't more true if you are public comp) is so fierce. For example, Wal-Mart can make or take a vendor that they are working with. Wal-Mart's requirements are so tough that it's hard to earn any revenue for the american companies. I don't condone illegal immigrants...PERIOD! It would mean that you will end paying more (lets' imagine that the employees are being paid 30% more)...I hope that you won't complain about the prices when that happens.
A) Walmart is not a/the problem - they carry the same products many, many, many other national retailers carry

B) Prices will not go up 30% - that is bogus

C) American companies are paying minimum wages - AND MORE

D) We do not need the illegal immigrants.

Case closed

Old 02-24-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Yes - it is the offical language of law in the United States
Did I mention anything about law? Jesus christ you can't even answer a simple question! I said is English the official FEDERAL Language of the U.S? We know its not. Is it the de facto language of the U.S? YES!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Did I mention anything about law? Jesus christ you can't even answer a simple question! I said is English the official FEDERAL Language of the U.S? We know its not. Is it the de facto language of the U.S? YES!
English is the OFFICIAL LEGAL language of the United States

We will see a Constitutional Amendment, in the near future, to make English, the official language of all governmental business.

And, quit your profanities PL - shows your immaturity

Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
English is the OFFICIAL LEGAL language of the United States

We will see a Constitutional Amendment, in the near future, to make English, the official language of all governmental business.

And, quit your profanities PL - shows your immaturity
Profanities? Did I drop an F-bomb that I missed?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Profanities? Did I drop an F-bomb that I missed?
You took the Lords name in vain. Profanity

Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I took the lords name in vain inside church once during a baptism. The priest sprayed holy water in my eyes and it came out. The word was 'ah Damn'. If damn counts as a bad word in church why did the priest assume I said God damn? People who don't believe in God don't think saying "Jesus christ" is a profanity. I don't take this from Religion nazi's.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
I can understand your feelings concerning using a religious figure's name in vain; that stated, under FCC guidelines-------'Jesus Christ', etc. is not obscene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration