Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 06:34 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Every once and a while, I like to go to Home Depot and yell "La Migra! Ma Migra!" [Mexican term for immigration authorities] They get soo scared.. Most of them run away and hide.

I was talking to a co-worker today (more like earlier tonight!) about illegal immigration and such and he happened to mention that someone (or some people) went to a Home Depot with a cam-corder and asked for some workers, so the workers jumped into the bed of the truck and the people(s) took off all the way to the immigration office and dropped them off in front yelling "illegals, illegals!!".

Did anyone ever happen to catch this on television?

Old 01-02-2007, 06:41 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I was talking to a co-worker today (more like earlier tonight!) about illegal immigration and such and he happened to mention that someone (or some people) went to a Home Depot with a cam-corder and asked for some workers, so the workers jumped into the bed of the truck and the people(s) took off all the way to the immigration office and dropped them off in front yelling "illegals, illegals!!".

NO, I did'nt hear or see that , what happened, nothing I suspect!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 AM

146 posts, read 572,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's not that easy for them to get those legal papers, and often takes many years. I agree that we need more control over illegal immigration...:
It's not supposed to be easy for uneducated, unskilled workers to enter the U.S. That's how the law is written, to limit the entry of unskilled workers. How many would you let in? Millions? (They're already here). 30 million? 40 million? ANYONE who wants to come?

Awshucks, they have such a tough life in Mexico, let's just let them all come in at will. Oops, we're already doing that.

Illegal aliens come to the U.S. to live; it's not like they're coming to work for awhile and then going back.

Last edited by english_teacher; 01-02-2007 at 07:12 AM..

Old 01-02-2007, 07:16 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post

Sounds eerily like an old witch-hunt...

Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Sounds eerily like an old witch-hunt...
Except, those "witches" didnt do anything wrong and were hung or burned at the stake, here we have illegals ( that break laws) being dropped off. Huge difference.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:13 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;243149
This is very racist, it's ok to prosecute illegal immigrants, but this is unacceptable. Deceiving men into thinking theirs work, and then taking them to an immigration office. I would feel absolutely horribe if I were involved with this action. IF I WERE THE POLICE I'D PROSECUTE THIS TO THE FULLEST.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 AM

[quote=;241995]
Every once and a while, I like to go to Home Depot and yell "La Migra! Ma Migra!" [Mexican term for immigration authorities] They get soo scared.. Most of them run away and hide.
QUOTE]

I WOULD FULLY PROSECUTE THIS AS A HATE CRIME. MAKE THE PERSON APOLOGIZE, ATTEND A LATINO GROUP, PERFORM COMMUNITY SERVICE, AND PLACE THEM IN AN 8 by 11 FOR 90 DAYS. That's not cool AT ALL.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:29 AM

None of that is racist, , it doesnt matter if they are white, brown, yellow or whatever, they are ILLEGAL, it is called being FED UP. The ones that need prosecuting are the illegals, not the ones that dropped them off at the ICE office. Nothing illegal about what they did. they owe US the apology not the other way around

Last edited by Nea1; 01-02-2007 at 08:41 AM..

Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Those actions are nothing more than cruel...Tricking people to have them be deported, and yelling "la migra" in front of them...That's a lack of maturity...and full on disrespect..not to mention undeniable racism. That is not prosecuting illegal crossers, those are evil pranks. Yeah it doesn't matter what race they are, it's a disgrace to all human beings.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:07 AM

A judge would give a hefty sentence to both actions. Both are CRUEL PUNISHMENT TO MANKIND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration