Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

You know what I find offensive? EVERYDAY, I see this, illeglas standing on our streets corners, eating their food and dumping their garbage on the ground, absolutley NO RESPECT, I dont think you really see the day to day dealings alot of us have with them. My husbnd going jobsite to jobsite having to clean up their garbage that they just throw on the ground. Home depot, they litter there as well and I have witness them pissing on the side of the buildings. Most of you people that sympothize with them need to wake up if you think the majority are here to respect us and our laws, they are here to use what we have and could care less about our feelings, as I witness everyday.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
A judge would give a hefty sentence to both actions. Both are CRUEL PUNISHMENT TO MANKIND.
A judge would do nothing, they didnt break the law, hurting someones feelings isnt a lawbreaker, but crossing over the border and not paying taxes is.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You know what I find offensive? EVERYDAY, I see this, illeglas standing on our streets corners, eating their food and dumping their garbage on the ground, absolutley NO RESPECT, I dont think you really see the day to day dealings alot of us have with them. My husbnd going jobsite to jobsite having to clean up their garbage that they just throw on the ground. Home depot, they litter there as well and I have witness them pissing on the side of the buildings. Most of you people that sympothize with them need to wake up if you think the majority are here to respect us and our laws, they are here to use what we have and could care less about our feelings, as I witness everyday.
1. Illegals standing on our street corners.
Does this bother you? They are not hurting anything.

2.Dumping Garbage on the Street
Yes, they need to work on that. They should receive a littering citation. But it's not going to kill anyone if they don't.

3.Pissing on the side of the building
Some of them don't have a porta-poty, it's not a huge deal.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
1. Illegals standing on our street corners.
Does this bother you? They are not hurting anything.

2.Dumping Garbage on the Street
Yes, they need to work on that. They should receive a littering citation. But it's not going to kill anyone if they don't.

3.Pissing on the side of the building
Some of them don't have a porta-poty, it's not a huge deal.
1. Yes it hurts, littering is gross, so is peeing on the side of the Bus top covering. So does being hassled whenever I pull up because I own a truck.

2. Citation? no deportation
3. Gross and completely unsanitary, want someone pissing on the side of your building? Do you enjoy seeing it? it is called get some class and go inside to use the restroom
4. Pissing off the roof at jobsites, yes have seen it, there are always porta johns there.

Again no class and no respect.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:28 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
kdizzle I truly appreciate this thoughtful response. I'll be thinking about this issue and how I can continue to unravel its knots and possibly do something about it. Of course I don't know what that what is today, but I've always been a very political, and outspoken proponent of people's rights.

Again, thanks and hoping for a bright 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Well, no worries I won't call you names . In fact, I've had people shoot those exact words at me before, so I won't go there. Anyway, I can sympathize with your friend's concern over anti-hispanic rhetoric. Reasonable people that read my posts can tell that I am not trying to be anti-hispanic, and I'm sure 99% of the people on this site are not being anti-hispanic, but rather anti-illegal immigrant, of which the vast majority are hispanic. I don't think you're accusing me, but I want to make that clear to the readers.

The animosity towards illegals IMO has grown out of a percieved lack of enforcement by our government on immigration offenses and this makes many people feel helpless and some may lash out at the illegals, which is unfortunate. I know many illegals are hardworking people with families. That said, I also know that most illegals are very poor, and when you import poverty in such large numbers into small and medium sized communities, bad things will follow. We've seen it all over the country. Hospitals closing. Schools failing. Dramatic rises in crime. Prostitution. Drugs. Gangs. Spanish the main language of discourse. Many, many people have seen or felt these consequences first hand. I've seen it in the community I grew up in, where gang violence is becoming a serious concern, when this was essentially non-existent in the past.

Aside from those consequences laid out above, many people, myself included, feel that if the immigration trends continue at there current pace that we will soon become a bilingual nation. I don't think that is a positive thing. Language and a common culture are what bind us as Americans. If people immigrate to this land in huge numbers that don't require them to immerse themselves and completely assimilate to our culture, then what do we have? We will be forced to adopt a culture and language that I don't believe any American ever asked for or wanted.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:15 AM

Daniel González
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 2, 2007 12:00 AM

Arizona, already the country's main entry point for illegal immigration, is gaining another dubious distinction: marijuana smuggling gateway.

The Border Patrol said agents seized over 331 tons (662,650 pounds) of marijuana worth $530 million last fiscal year, ending Sept. 30. That set a record for the fifth straight year. It nearly equaled the 350 tons seized in California, Texas and New Mexico combined.

Now, Arizona is on a pace to set a new record. Since Oct. 1, agents have seized over 106 tons, worth $170 million, nearly 20 tons more than the same period the previous year.
advertisement

Marijuana seizures typically spike in late fall, after the harvest in Mexico, and a bumper crop this year means more pot to smuggle.

The record seizures indicate the Border Patrol, augmented by more agents, and National Guard troops, are doing a better job of stopping marijuana loads from getting through, officials said.

The size of some loads is staggering. On Dec. 6, agents seized an estimated $4.2 million worth of pot crammed inside two pickups in Nogales.

Yep there all saints.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:35 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
None of that is racist, , it doesnt matter if they are white, brown, yellow or whatever, they are ILLEGAL, it is called being FED UP. The ones that need prosecuting are the illegals, not the ones that dropped them off at the ICE office. Nothing illegal about what they did. they owe US the apology not the other way around
But how did he know they were all illegal? Believe it or not, even some legal Hispanics look for work outside Home Depot (and the like)... it's not easy for them to find a legitimate job, especially here in northern California - even with 2 college degrees, it's taken me a few months to find full-time employment! Luckily I'm not in a financial situation where I'd need to resort to day labor, but many of the immigrants (legal) are. Anyway, it is racist in a sense, if they were assuming all of them were illegal... that would be like assuming a black man is a gangbanger, just because he's standing on the street in Compton. Maybe he is, but maybe he's not, and that's the real point.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
But how did he know they were all illegal? Believe it or not, even some legal Hispanics look for work outside Home Depot (and the like)... it's not easy for them to find a legitimate job, especially here in northern California - even with 2 college degrees, it's taken me a few months to find full-time employment! Luckily I'm not in a financial situation where I'd need to resort to day labor, but many of the immigrants (legal) are. Anyway, it is racist in a sense, if they were assuming all of them were illegal... that would be like assuming a black man is a gangbanger, just because he's standing on the street in Compton. Maybe he is, but maybe he's not, and that's the real point.
The bleeding hearts are going to bleed the country dry. If they were not illegals, they had nothing to worry about. They could Go to the employment agency for day work.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:48 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Geez... I'm mentally exhausted from all these "illegal" debates!! I live in a town that's majority Latino, and still hadn't talked this much about the issue until I came here. Please, somebody tie my hands up when I click the "General U.S." button... then again, even the California boards (and lots of other states) are littered with this stuff. I'm respectfully bowing out, and will TRY not to respond or look from now on. It's like a car-crash, though, where I have trouble not taking a peek. I put one person on "ignore" because they made my blood boil too much... but I really don't want to do that to anyone else, since I do like chatting with you all about other topics!

Sorry, I just had to get that out... it was a general rant, and I feel a little better now. I do think we all need to stop arguing so much, and just do what each of feels is "right" in our real lives (in regards to this subject). Doesn't help to debate in circles on the internet, does it?

Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Geez... I'm mentally exhausted from all these "illegal" debates!! I live in a town that's majority Latino, and still hadn't talked this much about the issue until I came here. Please, somebody tie my hands up when I click the "General U.S." button... then again, even the California boards (and lots of other states) are littered with this stuff. I'm respectfully bowing out, and will TRY not to respond or look from now on. It's like a car-crash, though, where I have trouble not taking a peek. I put one person on "ignore" because they made my blood boil too much... but I really don't want to do that to anyone else, since I do like chatting with you all about other topics!

Sorry, I just had to get that out... it was a general rant, and I feel a little better now. I do think we all need to stop arguing so much, and just do what each of feels is "right" in our real lives (in regards to this subject). Doesn't help to debate in circles on the internet, does it?

Venting helps. Yes there isnt much left to say. We all have our opinions on the subject. I too Live in an area with more illegals than I have ever seen, and I work with them daily, Phoenix, so I judge based on what I know. Everyone has their own experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration