Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 05:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So you have family in Mexico and your point is? There isn't one to justify illegal activity, that includes breaking and entering another country. We all have our familial crosses to bear but condoning the illegal activity simply because you are related to a person or share a race/ethnicity does not justify your condoning their criminal actions.
Whats with you and your accusations of "justifying" crimes?

That post wasnt even to you, and I was talking about having a connection with people, thus being able to relate better.

Shouldn't you be constructing a "safe room" in your house right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Another Black anti-illegal used that first argument on me. And like I told her, I actually lived among Somalians and Ethiopians for a couple of years. The older ones didn't speak very much english at all(or any language I would understand), and they definitely had a different culture. I enjoyed living in their neighborhoods. So using the race card on that doesn't really apply to me..
Living among Somalians has has nothing to do with my question. You sure do deflect a lot. I don't think you have ever directly answered any of the questions I have posed to you but I guess it's hard to defend the indefensible or irrational. I'm sure when it's typed out, it sounds so bad, you have to go back to mundane comments like the "race card doesn't really apply to me".

Quote:
And a Black person in America seeing some kind of connection with an African is way different than say my connection to people in Mexico.
I have family in Mexico, and am in regular contact with them. There is a deeper connection. You can't compare the connections.
I guess not. If I were more connected to Africa (than America) as you suggest you are to Mexico, I probably would be living there but that's just me.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:01 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Whats with you and your accusations of "justifying" crimes?

That post wasnt even to you, and I was talking about having a connection with people, thus being able to relate better.

Shouldn't you be constructing a "safe room" in your house right now?
You've responded to plenty of my posts to others. What's wrong did you hear the bells of truth ringing? That being said, if you only want a specific response from an individual, PM works!

As for your comment about a "safe room" sounds like you are wasting time that you and your family need to be using in constructing an INHABITABLE MEXICO.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:07 PM

You said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Living among Somalians has has nothing to do with my question. You sure do deflect a lot. I don't think you have ever directly answered any of the questions I have posed to you but I guess it's hard to defend the indefensible or irrational. I'm sure when it's typed out, it sounds so bad, you have to go back to mundane comments like the "race card doesn't really apply to me".
Well, you stated something to the effect of, "if the immigrants were african or turk(??), would you feel the same way"
So I replied that I like African immigrants that I've met..by which I was implying I wouldnt be foaming at the mouth if they were immigrating in larger numbers, which is what you seemed to be suggesting. I thought I was answering your question? I must be way off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I guess not. If I were more connected to Africa (than America) as you suggest you are to Mexico, I probably would be living there but that's just me.
Haha, nice. That was a sneaky one.

But lets get back to what I meant, instead of taking it out of context, ok?
You said this:
Quote:
Now for me, I know my position would remain unchanged; although, I could certainly see Africans in myself as a black person. However, would your views and those of your co-horts be so laizze fair?
and I replied with this:
Quote:
And a Black person in America seeing some kind of connection with an African is way different than say my connection to people in Mexico.
I have family in Mexico, and am in regular contact with them. There is a deeper connection. You can't compare the connections
How did you get that I suggest "having more connection as a Mexican than an American"?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You've responded to plenty of my posts to others. What's wrong did you hear the bells of truth ringing? That being said, if you only want a specific response from an individual, PM works!

As for your comment about a "safe room" sounds like you are wasting time that you and your family need to be using in constructing an INHABITABLE MEXICO.
This post is barely coherent. Wait..its just flat out incoherent. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Another Black anti-illegal used that first argument on me. And like I told her, I actually lived among Somalians and Ethiopians for a couple of years. The older ones didn't speak very much english at all(or any language I would understand), and they definitely had a different culture. I enjoyed living in their neighborhoods. So using the race card on that doesn't really apply to me.

I have family in Mexico, and am in regular contact with them. There is a deeper connection. You can't compare the connections.
Being a little presumptuous aren’t you? How do you know prim2007 has no direct link to Africa? Or was that intended as a dig relative to slavery?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
This post is barely coherent. Wait..its just flat out incoherent. I don't understand what you are trying to say.
What's not to understand? Does it remind you of the laws that you think the illegal aliens should be immune from?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Being a little presumptuous aren’t you? How do you know prim2007 has no direct link to Africa? Or was that intended as a dig relative to slavery?
It's a dig. Pretty much like most of what he/she posts when they have no justification for the nonsense he/she spouts.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:44 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Default BRILLIANT point, well-made....

Quote:
This is precisely the point..I couldn't have said it any clearer than you did. You see your position as unique...there's no other group that can really be compared with YOUR group. Not blacks...not whites...not Indians...not Asians..NOBODY's 'seen the trouble you've seen', as the song goes.

This is the EXACT textbook definition of the word you seem most to disdain.."balkanization". This is what it looks like, 'up close and personal'. THis is 'balkanization', taken out of the 'theoretical', made real, and applied right here in our society.

"Mexicans" are special...their close family ties mean that they experience a 'bond' with their ethnic group that NO OTHER GROUP knows, or could imagine...(in fact, if ALL groups had this bond, America would quickly disintegrate)...but thank God, we don't have to worry about blacks, whites, or 'others'....because THEY don't have this special relationship with their 'country of origin'. Only Mexicans know this unique bond, and only Mexicans would be able to 'pull this off'. If OTHER people felt this way, and had this sort of 'divided loyalties', they wouldn't be 'good Americans'...how COULD they?.

NO ONE will ever understand the deep love that Mexicans hold in their hearts for Mexico, and all that it reprersents. It transcends citizenship, renders borders meaningless, and causes otherwise rational people to willingly break the law. It's THAT strong. No law, no mandate, no silly flag, can EVER make a Mexican "not a Mexican". For "where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico"...no matter what the law says. Becoming a legal American citizen can't trump who you ARE...not if you're a Mexican. Citizenship is concerned with 'legal details'...but the heart can't be swayed with a mere 'piece of paper'.

Don't you find ANYTHING inconsistent with THIS, and with trying to promote an image of yourself as a 'good' American citizen? Anything at ALL? Do you see ANY part of this which might cause the "non-Mexicans" among which you live, to doubt that you're 'on the same page' with them? Anything in this which could cause your 'fellow citizenship holders' to doubt your concept of what a 'citizen' even IS?...I sure do.

But I'll never understand, anyway. I'm just not a Mexican, and that's that.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:48 PM

107 posts, read 327,613 times
"Accusations of racism are like the default button for those who really don't have a logical case for their position and want to change the basis of the discussion"

This is why individual members of our government are so scared to tackle this issue - fear of incorrectly being labled a racist - and potential loss of votes. Thank you liberals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration