U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2008, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The Republicans and the Democrats both want illegal immigration, it is part of the plan. If you are rich you will profit from it, if you work for a living you are getting screwed. Do you think these guys are working for your best interests? Are you Nuts?
I think all of us have already agreed on those points. Anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You know darn well that nobody advocated violence. Why is it that you constantly LIE about that fact? People have admitted, many times in fact, that violence was going to happen because of the presence of the illegals and their demanding ways. People like you do not help the matter at all, you and your friends in here that want to spit on every American citizen and every immigrant that came here through the proper channels. You are a disgusting person and should be ashamed for what you post when you lie like you do.
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can read through that thread and say no one advocated violence. The only disgusting thing is how blood thirsty some of you are on the issue of illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't know how anyone in their right mind can read through that thread and say no one advocated violence. The only disgusting thing is how blood thirsty some of you are on the issue of illegal immigration.
Are you trying to say that I advocated violence? Post the the posts that advocated violence? We already know that you have major trouble with reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 08:04 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Are you trying to say that I advocated violence? Post the the posts that advocated violence? We already know that you have major trouble with reading comprehension.
Quote:

While I am not condoning violence, our nation is under attack, our patience has been exhausted and the frustration is mounting.

By any means necessary, we will do what our government refuses to do to protect our country and end this invasion
What does any means necessary mean? Notice she implies doing it without the will and blessing of the goverment, meaning whatever it is, it won't be lawful.

Quote:
For everybody illegal to leave while they can still walk. I remember the civil rights movement, the climate of anger exhibited back then is manifesting itself today. This time? It's against illegal immigration.

The longer this goes on the angrier and more aggressive Americans will become. Believe it or not the time bomb is ticking
Is she going to do something to them so that they can't physically walk?

Quote:
The 'human' factors which lead to desperate actions by IA’s, are the same human factors leading to desperation in legal citizens -- and ultimately violence. While I do not condone violence, I can clearly appreciate the despair felt by legal citizens. I am also able to understand, yet condemn, the resultant acts of violence
So which is it? you condone violence but you justify it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Reputation: 4893
Illegal Immigrants may result in "violence"?

Lock and Load!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What does any means necessary mean? Notice she implies doing it without the will and blessing of the goverment, meaning whatever it is, it won't be lawful.



Is she going to do something to them so that they can't physically walk?



So which is it? you condone violence but you justify it?
All the illegals have to do is leave. End of problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What does any means necessary mean? Notice she implies doing it without the will and blessing of the goverment, meaning whatever it is, it won't be lawful.



Is she going to do something to them so that they can't physically walk?



So which is it? you condone violence but you justify it?
What the US governmet taketh---------it can giveth.

Read that wider powers to detain illegals and their enablers.

Again: get out while the gettin' is good---------if you are here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
 
638 posts, read 1,638,378 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
. . used the threat of violence to convince Americans that amnesty is our only choice.
I'd like to think it was from good intentions instead of corruption, but the law does tie the hands of enforcement. It ties the hands of the citizen too.

Were we to form citizen action committees throughout the country to aid enforcement, I think we would be arrested on "false imprisonment" with the first detainment of an illegal alien. Regardless of the outcome, it's going to drag us through the courts, so that legal hurdle is the first battle on this front.

You say vigilante, I say volunteer fire department. A posse is the same thing, except a posse is deputized. So let each county Sheriff deputize us.

I would have to refute John McCain on this . . we, the people, are fully capable of solving this problem, and if he's not going to be part of the solution, he needs to get the hell out of the way.

Ever watch that movie "Untouchables", scene with Sean Connery, "If they bring a knife to a fight, you bring a gun . . if they put one of us in the hospital, you put them in the grave." It's a classic line because that's the way people really think . . and why a volunteer fire department works. You put out the fire.

I don't agree with attempting to instill fear in people, nor see any logic in the appeasment of invaders. Far worse outcomes are probable when cowards are given their reign.

Canada, eh?
montreal riots - Google News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Reputation: 391
You know, blacknight, your insistence that people lamenting the rising anger of our citizenry somehow equates with advocating violence really puts you in bad light. Just a page ago you were accusing people of advocating violence, but know you're hung up on people condoning violence.

Let me tell you EXACTLY how I feel about the situation, and then you can go on about your word games with the rest of the board.

I've been paying the price for illegal immigration for the last 15 years. I've watched my wages fall and my work dry up so that criminal employers can line their pockets by exploiting a desperate and illegal workforce. I've been forced to take food stamps in order to feed my family, and watched as illegal alien mothers lined up to collect them in the names of their little anchor babies.

I opened and ran a landscaping business for several years until my competitors found out about the hordes of cheap laborers hanging out at the local Home Depot, and replaced their legal American workers with those illegal scabs. Ultimately I was put out of that business as I was unwilling to break the law by utilizing that same illegal workforce.

I went to the hospital once with chest pains and numbness in my arm from high blood pressure, and was told that without insurance there was nothing they could do for me except refer me to a clinic that wouldn't see me for another 2 weeks. I was told by the admitting nurse that had I been an illegal alien they would have seen me right away.

I have had friends and family assaulted by gangs of illegal aliens while exercising their 1st Amendment rights to free speech. My car was vandalized by illegal aliens because I dared have a bumper sticker that said "Hire American workers". I've been cussed at, spat at and harassed because I wear a US Border Patrol baseball cap.

I'll tell you this, blacknight. I'm one of those American citizens who's literally riding the ragged edge because of the incessant and ever-increasing attacks and demands of people with no legal right to even be here. I carry a loaded weapon everywhere I go now, because I refuse to be a victim of these thugs ANY LONGER. Believe me, it won't bother me a bit to defend myself with deadly force should that need arise, and I won't lose a minute's sleep over it.

There are millions more JUST LIKE ME, and some of them are a lot less reasonable than I am.

An old adage I read should serve as good advice to you and your illegal cohorts.

"If you want to kick a tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I'd like to think it was from good intentions instead of corruption, but the law does tie the hands of enforcement. It ties the hands of the citizen too.

Were we to form citizen action committees throughout the country to aid enforcement, I think we would be arrested on "false imprisonment" with the first detainment of an illegal alien. Regardless of the outcome, it's going to drag us through the courts, so that legal hurdle is the first battle on this front.

You say vigilante, I say volunteer fire department. A posse is the same thing, except a posse is deputized. So let each county Sheriff deputize us.

I would have to refute John McCain on this . . we, the people, are fully capable of solving this problem, and if he's not going to be part of the solution, he needs to get the hell out of the way.

Ever watch that movie "Untouchables", scene with Sean Connery, "If they bring a knife to a fight, you bring a gun . . if they put one of us in the hospital, you put them in the grave." It's a classic line because that's the way people really think . . and why a volunteer fire department works. You put out the fire.

I don't agree with attempting to instill fear in people, nor see any logic in the appeasment of invaders. Far worse outcomes are probable when cowards are given their reign.

Canada, eh?
montreal riots - Google News
Excellent analogy. I couldn't agree more. Sorry I couldn't rep you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top