Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:56 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You know, I have thought the same on our side. I have seen some pro posters in here who IMO should have been banned but they weren't. I have taken my licks by the moderator in here and rightly so. I just know when I have crossed the line and try not to cross it anymore.

Perhaps the reason that you see more anti's remain in here is because they tend to remain more civil? I think many pro's know that they don't have any viable arguments so there is no point in debating what they know is the truth anyway. They tend to hang out in forums and blogs where they can high five each other and where the moderators aren't fair but biased instead towards any opinion of an anti. That has been my experience anyway.

I do remember you accusing me of being someone who was banned before and that simply wasn't true.

Sorry for replying to the off topic remarks but the truth needs to be told.
So you flagged me right? For that. Sorry I thought you were someone else.

P.S. Sorry to the Mods, but I think this off-topic discussion is necessary to the well being of the forum.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Wasn't it you and Benicar et al that teamed up on Crisp444?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/4984965-post70.html
No, I did not. Again, I NEVER reported his posts. I’m not sure where you got that impression, but it is simply not true. Obviously, others reported him, or the Mods considered his posts inappropriate. Also, he was most likely reincarnated, and it was discovered.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Wasn't it you and Benicar et al that teamed up on Crisp444? Who was a remarkable poster by the way, but you forced him out with your condescending ways.

I may have 'teamed up' on crisp444: that stated; he I have never Reported

Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
that post was like 6 months old.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:07 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
South Florida college students Felipe Matos, 23, Carlos Roa, 22, and Gaby Pacheo, 25, say their lives as illegal immigrants have become so "unbearable," they decided it was time to take their stories to the nation's capital...on foot.

Immigration: Illegal Students Make 1500 Mile March to Washington - ABC News

good time to arrest these criminals.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
South Florida college students Felipe Matos, 23, Carlos Roa, 22, and Gaby Pacheo, 25, say their lives as illegal immigrants have become so "unbearable," they decided it was time to take their stories to the nation's capital...on foot.

Immigration: Illegal Students Make 1500 Mile March to Washington - ABC News
If their lives are so unbearable here, and seeing as how they are here ILLEGALLY, maybe they should have taken a long march south to Mexico instead of to Washington. Our GOVT shouldn't even be listening to people who come here illegally and off the bat try to start life here as a criminal

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Just for the record, reporting a post only means a mod will look a bit closer, and delete/give infractions IF the post deserved it. It's not automatic.
If anyone has any comments regarding moderation of this forum, feel free to drop me a line.
Yac.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Wasn't it you and Benicar et al that teamed up on Crisp444? Who was a remarkable poster by the way, but you forced him out with your condescending ways.

Interesting....

I didn't participate in the immigration forum when this happened and I'm not interested in reading 2 year old posts but I have seen similar behavior now days. Not from Arizonabear so much but from other posters.

The behavior I have noticed is that if you don't agree 100% with the anti illegal immigration crowd some posters will suggest over and over that you are lying, will question your legal status in the USA or accuse you of trolling or insulting white people. You can never post anything in this forum without getting that response. I think they do it on purpose so those posters leave or take the bait and get banned.

I don't understand why the topics can just be discussed without questioning the poster's personal facts.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Interesting....

I didn't participate in the immigration forum when this happened and I'm not interested in reading 2 year old posts but I have seen similar behavior now days. Not from Arizonabear so much but from other posters.

The behavior I have noticed is that if you don't agree 100% with the anti illegal immigration crowd some posters will suggest over and over that you are lying, will question your legal status in the USA or accuse you of trolling or insulting white people. You can never post anything in this forum without getting that response. I think they do it on purpose so those posters leave or take the bait and get banned.

I don't understand why the topics can just be discussed without questioning the poster's personal facts.
If you are insuating again that I was questioning your legal status in this country, I already cleared that up for you. I just asked you why as an American citizen you would make the statement "I will stay as long as our government allows me to". That isn't the same thing as accusing you of not being legally here. It just seemed a rather odd statement to make because our government cannot deport citizens. If you want to continue on with this, you're on your own. I know what I said and meant.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If you are insuating again that I was questioning your legal status in this country, I already cleared that up for you.
I'm actually talking in general. Just an observation. It's not the actions of just one poster and I have read other posts where the same legal status accusations have been made to other posters.

The funny thing is that actually agree with some issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration