Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:43 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
We are young people like you And live our lives as young people, This is not to be a Muslim To be hostile or sad or introverts
okay, so explain to me what you think about the many different misconceptions about your religion and what you think should he done to make the necessary changes in your religion to bring it into the present times. No disrespect, but your religion has a very violent past and present and has a very little regard for human rights or the rights of others. As a young person you should know this and you should also know that it is not just your religion that has these problems but others as well, so your religion is not being singled out, it's a beginning to make things change for the betterment of all humankind.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM

18 posts, read 11,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can't tolerate the women being all covered up, head to toe, in the heat, while the men walk along side in shorts and short sleeves. The oppression of women is totally unacceptable.
By the way, this is not unique to the Muslim culture. I find it equally unacceptable in some Christian groups also.
My sister is a cover-up protection for women
We do not suffer any problem in that
We protect ourselves from harassment
This is not any persecution at all
What you are saying about wearing shorts
Is the cause of all problems that occur

Old 09-22-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have to agree. I dislike the oppression of the woman, and the head to toe cant show yourself, well I hate that, women should be allowed to be proud to be a woman and all that means and to hide them like they are not worthy is disrespectful.
This is not true
Women in Islam have a significant role
And a highly important role
The cover is to protect its women
Because it is like a jewel that should be on everyone's protection

Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Who put it in your mind that you would be harassed? How long has this tradition been around?
I am a pretty attractive woman, so I am told, I am not harassed, sure men look at me, but for the most part I dont have problems. I think the whole tradition is to just keep the women down.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
to some degree I agree with you in regards to covering up, however I think it should be the individual's choice to do so and not be mandated by someone else. It should be the freedom of choice. When you take away that choice you take away that person's freedom and then that person becomes oppressed by somebody else's choice.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
This is not true
Protect them from what, sun exposure? It is BS, just the men keeping the women oppressed. All I see is the woman serving the man. You actually think if a man wanted you a piece of cloth would stop them? If anything it makes them wonder more.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Your words are not true
But unfortunately some Muslims who do not know the right religion
Are maimed image of Islam and Aattokm this picture
Islam pays attention to women's most interesting
It recognizes the half of society and raised the other Nascef
The Prophet and potato recipe women
I am a Muslim girl
I live a beautiful life
Learn in the best universities
And our women have worked in the highest positions
Quote:
Quote:
This is not true
Wow, aren't you just the quintessential utterly brainwashed little automaton?

Guess what, I've worn plenty of sexy clothes, including bikinis, miniskirts, and shorts and I've never once in my life been "harrassed" because of it. I've never been assaulted for it, nor has anything negative ever happened because of my clothing choices. But maybe that's because westernized men are capable of controlling their horrible animal urges in public, and not throwing me down and assaulting me at the sight of an elbow or kneecap. Too bad your guys can't do the same.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
to some degree I agree with you in regards to covering up, however I think it should be the individual's choice to do so and not be mandated by someone else. It should be the freedom of choice. When you take away that choice you take away that person's freedom and then that person becomes oppressed by somebody else's choice.
I agree, if they want to without any pressure, whatever, but as a rule and a half to, nothing but oppression.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Wow, aren't you just the quintessential utterly brainwashed little automaton?

Guess what, I've worn plenty of sexy clothes, including bikinis, miniskirts, and shorts and I've never once in my life been "harrassed" because of it. I've never been assaulted for it, nor has anything negative ever happened because of my clothing choices. But maybe that's because westernized men are capable of controlling their horrible animal urges in public, and not throwing me down and assaulting me. Too bad your guys can't do the same.
Neither have I. Cat calls, sure, whistles sure, just flatters me, I work hard to stay in shape. But I have never been mistreated or assaulted ( even if they tried, they would be surprised I am trained to protect myself).

Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
okay, so explain to me what you think about the many different misconceptions about your religion and what you think should he done to make the necessary changes in your religion to bring it into the present times. No disrespect, but your religion has a very violent past and present and has a very little regard for human rights or the rights of others. As a young person you should know this and you should also know that it is not just your religion that has these problems but others as well, so your religion is not being singled out, it's a beginning to make things change for the betterment of all humankind.
Well
Let's go back to history
If you do you'll find that our human rights club
And forbade slavery
And female infanticide, which was prevalent in the era before Islam
Our religion is not a religion of violence and terrorism
We are against terrorism

This does not mean a lack of a Muslim
The acts of terrorism
That Islam calls for the
Or that all Muslims are terrorists
There are also Christians and Jews engage in terrorist acts
But we do not say that Christianity or Judaism calls for terrorism
Overcome because we do not generalize
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam