Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Yes there are Muslims who do not follow a Madhab, such as the Sufi. While a madhab is somewhat vague, it is best for a Muslim to study them all and stay with one until they can move onto what best allows them to follow Islam as they find it to be.

That is what the Wahhabi and Salafi claim to be doing. but without following the Ahadith and the fiqh-ul-Sunnah they have no way of understanding what the Sahabi did. the first four madhabs give an example of how the sahabi lived and practiced Islam.

The original Sufi under Rumi may have been the most accurate Madhab, but it changed over time with the veneration of Saints. Seems they incorporated a touch of Catholicism into their practices. without that innovation I believe more Muslims would be Sufi. I know I would have stayed Sufi if not for that.

The hadith is innovation...

It is not from the prophet, but those who came after the prophet..

Nothing but innovation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 06:58 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The hadith is innovation...

It is not from the prophet, but those who came after the prophet..

Nothing but innovation...
The Ahadith are eye witness accounts of the things Muhammad said and did during his lifetime. His wife Aisha is the source for nearly 1/3 of the ahadith. Yes there are unverified ahadith and some may be fabrications. Only the Ahadith collected by the first 4 Imams are considered Authenticate and Reliable by the Sunni.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
The Ahadith are eye witness accounts of the things Muhammad said and did during his lifetime. His wife Aisha is the source for nearly 1/3 of the ahadith. Yes there are unverified ahadith and some may be fabrications. Only the Ahadith collected by the first 4 Imams are considered Authenticate and Reliable by the Sunni.
They are heresay.

They are eyewitness accounts passed down. They even have different degrees of being acceptable.

The 5 pillars do not even include them:

Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
Establishment of the daily prayers;
Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
Self-purification through fasting; and
The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are

As far as I am concerned they are innovation and had I stayed within Islam I would have not followed them but I would have been a Quranist.

I know many Muslims who agree they are innovation and only follow Qur'an.

So I know I am not alone in my view.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 12-14-2011 at 08:22 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 AM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
Quote:
Unlike many countries the growth of Islam does not seem to be dependent upon immigration. Although it has been significant in recent years. The percentage of Muslims in the USA will probably grow without immigration through converts to Islam and population growth of the current population. there has been a Muslim presence in the USA for as long as there has been a USA. Even earlier as most Spanish expeditions had Muslims among them.

This is positive opinion and helps support the North American Muslim in obligation and vocation toward the propagation of True Islam, without any hindrence , with respects to immigration.

Education as you continuously point out is a crucial area which can and will
stimulate the finest in True Islams healthy contribution. With ease we know education can and will make a difference.

Reasonable & good expectation in education requires both structure and order in its environment.

New and un-welcome influence is alive and well in the diverse interests and nature, of global Islamic interpretation. Un-welcome influence interferes with True Islams objectives toward unity.

Unity in family, neighborhood, community and country represents a constructive goal. A goal in True Islam which does not need, any more interference than it already has endured.

Europe demonstrates the future chaos. I think France is at 9%. There is virtually nothing to support a future in N/A which can or will follow a different path. Containing perimeters allows for stability which is an extension of healthy control, as well education without interference.

Not like in the south, it would hardly take much creative thinking to bring this to a blunt halt and give one continents Islamic population a chance to express True Islam, which is the objective as I understand .Communication can effect all necessary. Theres no doubt about that, entry with full citizenship is the only serious approach, especially in attention to the well known many non-returning visitors.

N/A if self respecting, with full Muslim encouragement requires a temporary lockout until further notice. Without playing games about how, where or when with delays.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 12-14-2011 at 08:16 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
Quote:
Unlike many countries the growth of Islam does not seem to be dependent upon immigration.
The Islamization of Europe indicates otherwise. I must disagree 100%.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
They are heresay.

They are eyewitness accounts passed down. They even have different degrees of being acceptable.

The 5 pillars do not even include them:

Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
Establishment of the daily prayers;
Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
Self-purification through fasting; and
The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are

As far as I am concerned they are innovation and had I stayed within Islam I would have not followed them but I would have been a Quranist.

I know many Muslims who agree they are innovation and only follow Qur'an.

So I know I am not alone in my view.
Yes, there are many Qur'an only Muslims. (Quranists) It is also true when one uses the ahadith for reference they need to be aware of the different levels of authenticity and reliability. For most it is best to refer only to Bukhari as that has the highest level of Authenticity, in that they were all traced back to the original sources. But some do have low reliability and may not be the exact words as there are not a minimum of 4 witnesses seeing and hearing the exact same thing.

However the ahadith and the Fiqh-ul-Sunnah are the source for the 5 Pillars and the source for how we pray.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, there are many Qur'an only Muslims. (Quranists) It is also true when one uses the ahadith for reference they need to be aware of the different levels of authenticity and reliability. For most it is best to refer only to Bukhari as that has the highest level of Authenticity, in that they were all traced back to the original sources. But some do have low reliability and may not be the exact words as there are not a minimum of 4 witnesses seeing and hearing the exact same thing.

However the ahadith and the Fiqh-ul-Sunnah are the source for the 5 Pillars and the source for how we pray.

In my opinion Muslims have raised the hadith to the same level as the Qur'an. They blindly follow hadith.

Using it as a source on prayer is fine. but it is still an innovation.

You have said many times here that what muslims are required to follow are the 5 pillars. Hadith are not part of the 5 pillars. Muslims are not required to follow hadith.

The hadith may be a source of understanding but they should never take the place of Qur'an.

Islam needs to have Imams who are scholarly and knowledgeable about the faith. Who understand that you need to have a leader. You say Islam has no leaders but I beg to disagree.

Imam Magid the Imam of Adams Center near me is a very knowledgable Imam who leads a very large mosque filled with Sunni, and Shia worshipping together. He has a relationship with the rabbi of my synagogue and we give them pray space for their Friday prayers so those who live in my town don't have to drive all the way to the larger musjid.

He came a few Saturdays ago to our weekly Torah group so both the Rabbi and Imam could speak about Halacha and Sharia.

He is a leader of that mosque. This is what Islam needs.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
The Islamization of Europe indicates otherwise. I must disagree 100%.
The USA is not Europe. The fastest growing Groups of Muslims in the USA are among reverts not immigrants. although there was an explosion of immigrants since 9/11 but that seems to have peaked. The immigrants who came here were mostly well educated and have settled into various professions. the typical US Muslim is better educated and has a higher income than what is occurring in Europe.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
The USA is not Europe. The fastest growing Groups of Muslims in the USA are among reverts not immigrants. although there was an explosion of immigrants since 9/11 but that seems to have peaked. The immigrants who came here were mostly well educated and have settled into various professions. the typical US Muslim is better educated and has a higher income than what is occurring in Europe.
Yes, and the also produce more offspring. Perhaps this is a major factor in the growth of Islam, don't ya think? Pop out the kids, and brainwash 'em while they are young.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:24 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
Quote:
But are there no Muslim immigrants in the USA? Do they not factor signifcantly in how Islam exists in the West?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam