Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times

Advertisements

Malaysian church fire-bombed amid ‘Allah’ dispute - JamaicaObserver.com

And for what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Here is a good site if you want to keep abreast of the activities of the religion of "peace".

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World

Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 AM

169 posts, read 353,864 times
Default A little bit of impartiality then

Is bad behavior is limited to Muslims?

In any place we may find the following address ;

Jewish behaving badly-again !

Christians behaving badly-again !

WHY?

People of various religions is not infallible mistakes ...

A little bit of impartiality then

jmoool

Old 01-08-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Is bad behavior is limited to Muslims?

In any place we may find the following address ;

Jewish behaving badly-again !

Christians behaving badly-again !

WHY?

People of various religions is not infallible mistakes ...

A little bit of impartiality then

jmoool
J-Cool, I am WELL aware of this. If I come across a story where monks, Orthodox Jews, Christians are acting the ass, I will put the story up here too. This one just happens to be about crazy Muslims in an unstable country. Don't take it personal my friend.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:43 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,653 times
jmoool, I'll be honest. I have worked very hard over the past ten years to be impartial. To recognize that there are bad people in all groups, and that those extremists should not represent the whole.

But, impartially, I see far more acts of violence world-wide by Muslims than any other religious belief. Not that there aren't acts of violence by other religious believers. But *more* acts of violence are committed by Muslims.

That's impartial, and collected and observed over time.

And as a religion and a culture, it does not appear very many Muslims are that upset by it. Some are. Some speak out. But you have three billion adherents. I would think that if Islam is truly a religion of Peace, there would be three billion voices screaming against violence committed in their name.

I'm trying to believe you, but as a religious group, you just aren't giving me much to work with.

There are people committing violence over the use of a respectful word! How the hell do Muslims expect non-Muslims to talk about Allah if they can't even say the word? That's a ridiculous notion and an absurd reason to be violent. Yet instead of coming here and immediately saying, "Allah, please stop these idiots from being violent in your name and mine!" you come here and point fingers at other religions and say, "They do it too!" That's not a very good defense of your religion. In fact, it appears to be an admission that your religion is violent.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
jmoool, I'll be honest. I have worked very hard over the past ten years to be impartial. To recognize that there are bad people in all groups, and that those extremists should not represent the whole.

But, impartially, I see far more acts of violence world-wide by Muslims than any other religious belief. Not that there aren't acts of violence by other religious believers. But *more* acts of violence are committed by Muslims.

And as a religion and a culture, it does not appear very many Muslims are that upset by it. Some are. Some speak out. But you have three billion adherents. I would think that if Islam is truly a religion of Peace, there would be three billion voices screaming against violence committed in their name.

I'm trying to believe you, but as a religious group, you just aren't giving me much to work with.

There are people committing violence over the use of a respectful word! How the hell do Muslims expect non-Muslims to talk about Allah if they can't even say the word? That's a ridiculous notion and an absurd reason to be violent. Yet instead of coming here and immediately saying, "Allah, please stop these idiots from being violent in your name and mine!" you come here and point fingers at other religions and say, "They do it too!" That's not a very good defense of your religion. In fact, it appears to be an admission that your religion is violent.
Speak the truth, my man!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
J-Cool, I am WELL aware of this. If I come across a story where monks, Orthodox Jews, Christians are acting the ass, I will put the story up here too. This one just happens to be about crazy Muslims in an unstable country. Don't take it personal my friend.

Are just a handful do not represent Islam

Try to find aspects of the Luminous in Muslims then will find it if you want

jmoool

Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Are just a handful do not represent Islam
Does to me

Old 01-08-2010, 02:46 PM

118 posts, read 180,855 times
Islammic violence is stemmed from the influence of Muhammad. Terrorists are not an abberation of the religion. They are the direct result of the religion.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post

NOT matter "They do it too!" OR not

but Is the simplest answer to that violence has committed in the name of religion ....

While this person is Does not represent his religion then Why not be a reason for his violence ?

Political reason ... Economic ....etc

There is a point remarkable (If a Muslim commits an act of violence I find that the West returned the reason to religion (islam)

but If violence by non-Muslim Trying to returned for his mental psychological.... etc

but Muslim for his religion Directly

That is evident in the media

anyhow the nearest Explanation for this ( Occupation of Muslim nations by non-Muslims )

Genocide of Muslims in their land ( Children ... women ... the elders)

All of this form of repression and a violent reaction of some Islamic movements

In other words avenge ( retaliation) Explode to express with a violent way

This analysis by me

I do not think we find smoke without fire

jmoool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam