Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 01:33 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
They import Indian workers, this happens all the time.
hmmm... lets see, nope, not one indian worker her at this company... so I guess it doesn't happen all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 01:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
hmmm... lets see, nope, not one indian worker her at this company... so I guess it doesn't happen all the time.
Most companies I have worked (I work in tech field)has several Indian workers.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:47 PM

400 posts, read 1,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
A foreign worker shouldn't be taking an "educated workers" job. BS again.

Most foreign workers aren't educated by any means.

When I go to Meijer or Giant Eagle the place isn't ran by mexicans, arabs, or any type of foreign people. Their what most would consider "American". Now if you live in Texas or something that may be the case. Move farther north then. Problem solved.
Definitely not true. Foreign nationals have many high level roles. In all functional areas. Have worked in corporate america for years and many of my peers and superiors have been foreign nationals either on expat assignments, h1b visa, green card holders or the like. worked for a european manufacturer where the majority of the people in my area were not American citizens. It is a big myth that foreign nationals only take jobs that no one else will do. There are many roles that Americans would kill to have that are currently occupied by foreign nationals.

Last edited by caradvice; 03-29-2013 at 02:16 PM..

Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Most companies I have worked (I work in tech field)has several Indian workers.
Yet in my company, there are no Indian workers and we are talking tech field, so again your statement is false that all companies.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM

400 posts, read 1,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
So a foreign worker (mexican) perhaps is taking a tech job. If you say so.

Are we talking about foreign educated workers? Even so...this is America? Land of choices. Their not paying $7.85 for a tech job. If someone truly wants a job they will take that $10 tech job. It is a good starting point. I don't see very many companies that have all foreigners.
many foreign owned multinational/ global companies have plenty of high ranking individuals running their offices in the united states along with those from their home country in positions from entry level to mid level. takes tcs for example....

Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
Wrong. How can they if their skill was in a field with outsourcing or visa workers and they can't afford to go back to school?
Like I said, re-purpose. Anyone who can't figure it out, that's the reason they are unemployed.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM

361 posts, read 922,492 times
Quote:
Most people who are not working are in that position because of choices that they are making or have made in the past. You can change your present and your future by making better decisions and choices.
Moderator cut: snip
Yes, there is an element of choice in life, but the major, objective circumstances of our world we have no real control over. Markets are inherently cyclical - there's previously little the individual worker can do about this. This "take control" and "where there's a will there's a way"...sounds like something straight out of Happy Feet 3. This is not how serious people look at social problems. 25 Million people can't "take the bull by the horns" and somehow be A-OK. Doesn't work like that.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 03-29-2013 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Removed political comment; off-topic for this forum

Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,912 times
I think you should really look over what you are doing for a job search and be honest with yourself on how you're approaching this. If you are indeed looking as best as you can and still can't find work then it's not your fault. When you graduate you may want to consider getting out of Orlando as they obviously don't have the job market that we thought they did. There are plenty of places in the USA that are marketed as having great job markets and low unemployment but everyone knows it's a crock of ****.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,506 times
Quote:
Except those low paying jobs generally don't hire overqualified people.
Then lie! The law doesn't mandate that you have to say your the VP of finance in your resume if your applying at McDonalds. Say that you worked for company X in a lead role. Play up your customer skills and bam you might even get the job.

Again what is the alternative? Complaining on CD. Ill take my chances lying or stretching the truth. Were talking about feeding your family here, any job is something.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caradvice View Post
many foreign owned multinational/ global companies have plenty of high ranking individuals running their offices in the united states along with those from their home country in positions from entry level to mid level. takes tcs for example....
Fine. Not a problem. Their foreign for starters. They can do that if they want. We need more American Made products anyways.

Just because TCS does it that way doesn't mean they all do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search