Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2006, 11:43 AM

346 posts, read 2,141,044 times

Advertisements

Olecapt makes a valid point that I've made on other threads in the past too and I'd like to reiterate it: Deporting illegal immigrants and building walls are the equivalent of slapping a bandaid on the problem, but not dealing with the heart of it. At the heart of the problem is the situation in Mexico and the fact that Mexicans are flocking into our country because they are not able to live in their own. The real solution would be to stop focusing on Iraq and trying to "help" them establish a democracy when it is impossible there and focus our attention on Mexico. If the U.S. really feels the need to interfere where they don't belong, they may as well be doing it in Mexico. The military would be better served going into Mexico, not as an act of war, but as an offering of help to assist the government and stop all the corrupt police and help them implement realistic laws, resources, education (especially education related to safe sex and contraceptives) and even simple things like regular trash collection so the area isn't such a mess.

At the heart of the problem is the culture in Mexico. They have a blatant disregard for their own laws due to police corruption and disregard for our laws as well. They continue to break laws regardless of which country they inhabit. They do not believe in using protection when having sex nor abortions to control the population so their pregnancies and birth rate get out of control, instantly causing them to be poverty stricken and their children as well. Their education is extremely minimal and the cultural focus is on family and having lots of babies rather than getting educated and making smart decisions. Their children have to drop out of school early to get jobs and help their family. I really feel that the biggest problem Mexican culture has is the birth rate. If they weren't having so many children (say they only have one) they might have more money to spend on getting their child a good education and keeping him/her healthy rather than feeding the mouths of other babies they have and spreading their resources too thin.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 AM

137 posts, read 258,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeño View Post
Actually, I do have a voice cuz I`m a voting American citizen- don`t worry about where I live. And you really have no idea what they teach in Mexico, or obviously anything about Mexico. Mexicans have plenty of courage to protest here in Mexico- read the news before you make false statements- there are protests in Mexico that would have you hiding under the bed.

Really ?

If that is so why are they coming here to panhandle off america ?

Why are they coming here to american schools, when half of them can't even speak ?

If they knew who to speak a modern useful language , I wouldn't hear this english/spanish option when I use the phone.

And our children in america wouldn't be burdened with learning a inferior second language so that they can communicate to and educate illegals.

Apparently educators and government officials don't truely believe that these illegals are able to learn english to any degree of usefulness.

So they teach the upcoming american generation spanish so that they can oversee and mentor the uneducated inept hoards that function strictly as cheap labor.

Last edited by gfluneedit; 12-07-2006 at 12:03 PM..

Old 12-07-2006, 12:00 PM

231 posts, read 508,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfluneedit View Post
And another thing you don't seem to comprehend is that an illegal isn't a citizen and an american has no obligation to put a roof over his head.

And in america even their 3rd grade education is lost, because it is in a sub standard language useless to america.

They teach them not to worry about the fact they they dont have adult jobs , adult skills or parenting skills, just engage in unprotected intercourse and the responsible and capable americans will have to support , educated and civilize your welfare anchor offspring.

The americans will have to do it for you.
They will have to put a roof over your head.
They will have to teach you how to read , write and speak.
They will have to teach you family planning.
They will have to teach you hygene.
Then try to civilize your criminal nature

Just go there illegally and leech off of the americans , they will have the burden of civilizing you.
So they don`t teach kids to read and write in Mexico? Spanish is a useless, sub-standard language? Actually, Spanish is pretty useful to know in America. Knowing Spanish is the main reason why I`ve gotten two job offers in California. Your posts are long and full of errors, stereotypes and misinformation. By being so grossly inaccurate and by exagerrating facts, you only diminish support for your side of the argument- I love it- keep it up!

Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 PM

231 posts, read 508,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfluneedit View Post
Really ?

If that is so why are they coming here to panhandle off america ?

Why are they coming here to american schools, when half of them can't even speak ?

If they knew who to speak a modern useful language , I wouldn't hear this english/spanish option when I use the phone.

And our children in america wouldn't be burdened with learning a inferior second language so that they can communicate to and educate illegals.

Apparently educators and government officials don't truely believe that these illegals are able to learn english to any degree of usefulness.

So they teach the upcoming american generation spanish so that they can oversee and mentor the uneducated inept hoards that function strictly as cheap labor.
Please explain to us then, in that intelligent way you have, how Spanish is inferior to English? Half can`t even speak??? Are you high or what? Stop being ridiculous! I mean, KEEP being ridiculous.....
And if educators and gov officials don`t think they are capable of learning English, then what about all of the migrant family education programs in California schools? First 5, Neighborhoods for Learning, no Child Left Behind, all of these programs offer English Language development for non-English speaking students. Oh well, just another clean up of your sloppy, erronous ranting.

Last edited by gringo istmeño; 12-07-2006 at 12:18 PM..

Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
So they don`t teach kids to read and write in Mexico? Spanish is a useless, sub-standard language? Actually, Spanish is pretty useful to know in America. Knowing Spanish is the main reason why I`ve gotten two job offers in California. Your posts are long and full of errors, stereotypes and misinformation. By being so grossly inaccurate and by exagerrating facts, you only diminish support for your side of the argument- I love it- keep it up!
It's useful in California only because the crime of illegal invasion is rampant there.

If it wasn't for the presence of parasite illegals, spanish wouldn't be key to any job you worked in america.

So what are you doing working at the social services department issuing welfare checks to illegals ?

Or are you at the health department tracking down the latest outbreak of ecoli ?

Or do you working in criminal justice as a translator to arrested gang members ?

Or do you work for a construction firm directing the minimum wage illegals for the employer ?

Old 12-07-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Please explain to us then, in that intelligent way you have, how Spanish is inferior to English? Half can`t even speak??? Are you high or what? Stop being ridiculous!
If they could speak we wouldn't be hijacking the american taxpayer for the expense of a useless secondary language in schools.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des_Demona View Post
Olecapt makes a valid point that I've made on other threads in the past too and I'd like to reiterate it: Deporting illegal immigrants and building walls are the equivalent of slapping a bandaid on the problem, but not dealing with the heart of it. At the heart of the problem is the situation in Mexico and the fact that Mexicans are flocking into our country because they are not able to live in their own. The real solution would be to stop focusing on Iraq and trying to "help" them establish a democracy when it is impossible there and focus our attention on Mexico. If the U.S. really feels the need to interfere where they don't belong, they may as well be doing it in Mexico. The military would be better served going into Mexico, not as an act of war, but as an offering of help to assist the government and stop all the corrupt police and help them implement realistic laws, resources, education (especially education related to safe sex and contraceptives) and even simple things like regular trash collection so the area isn't such a mess.

At the heart of the problem is the culture in Mexico. They have a blatant disregard for their own laws due to police corruption and disregard for our laws as well. They continue to break laws regardless of which country they inhabit. They do not believe in using protection when having sex nor abortions to control the population so their pregnancies and birth rate get out of control, instantly causing them to be poverty stricken and their children as well. Their education is extremely minimal and the cultural focus is on family and having lots of babies rather than getting educated and making smart decisions. Their children have to drop out of school early to get jobs and help their family. I really feel that the biggest problem Mexican culture has is the birth rate. If they weren't having so many children (say they only have one) they might have more money to spend on getting their child a good education and keeping him/her healthy rather than feeding the mouths of other babies they have and spreading their resources too thin.
I agree because Mexico is invading America.

Whether we agree with the war in Iraq is irrelavant.

There is a misconception that the american military is only capable of being deployed in one theatre at a time.

This could not be further from the truth.

American military strength is unprecedented and capable of dismantling multiple 1st world nations simultaneously without the need to resort to using nuclear weapons.

The mess in Iraq is actually a symptom of overwhelming military power.
The US military has so much weaponry at their disposal the they have become the first nation in history to adopt this impossible attempt at conducting surgical wars.

Wars fought with defeating the enemy as the #1 objective wouldn't last more than a week.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des_Demona View Post

We cannot rebuild or civilize Mexico any more than we can Iraq.

Iraq posed a threat to the US and we should have dismantled and crushed their regime and military leaving the Iraqs to decide their own fate.

In a similar way we cannot bring Mexico into the 21st century.
We cannot afford the expense of doing this for every 3rd world nation that decides to invade our economy.

But I agree that we should threaten a military response and if neccessary act on it.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Please explain to us then, in that intelligent way you have, how Spanish is inferior to English? Half can`t even speak??? Are you high or what? Stop being ridiculous! I mean, KEEP being ridiculous.....
And if educators and gov officials don`t think they are capable of learning English, then what about all of the migrant family education programs in California schools? First 5, Neighborhoods for Learning, no Child Left Behind, all of these programs offer English Language development for non-English speaking students. Oh well, just another clean up of your sloppy, erronous ranting.
Spanish in an inferior language because the vast majority of western nations with healthy economies speak and teach english as their primary language.

One of the reasons that mexicans, nicaraugans, cubans, hatians ,hondurans and others are panhandling off americans is because they are decades in the past.

And your comment is evidence of the unwillingness of these people to self-reliance.

The want to leech off americans and not face the reality of what has taken place.

They want to panhandle from americans and at the same time adhere to the rediculous notion that their education, culture and language are the equivalent and sustainable.

No child left behind, refers to americans.
This is just another LaRaza mantra taught to panhandlers.
Where did you get the idea that america has committed to educating every child in the world at the expense of the american taxpayer ?

Old 12-07-2006, 12:58 PM

107 posts, read 721,024 times
Example of less vituperative way of rephrasing an item in the last post: Los Angeles is the only place in the world where people refuse to learn English or even to try to learn English to better their ambitions or chances in the global business community. Why? In Los Angeles, they seem to be only interested in their fellow Hispanics, and have little desire to fit into the social fabric here and elsewhere beyond the culture of their former countries. Defiance to any assimilation of American ways is promoted by their Spanish-language media under the guise of pride. Newsflash: you can have pride in your heritage without nonstop rancor to the country you chose to come to.

And factoid to girngo estmeno: even as we write, the Open Court learning systems have printed up their material in Spanish, in defiance of the California statewide English immersion mandated law, and in preparation for requests from parents and the L.A. mayor to return to the old, and proven less efficient, learning in Spanish only for years and years and years and years. Why? Because they just wanna.

gfluneedit, don't you want to get your ideas across? Then don't use quasi-fascist terms like "inferior." The French Academie embraces retention of the French language in France not because it considers all others inferior, but because it is the correct, nationalistic thing to do for its own citizenry, to promote solidarity and continuity of culture.

Last edited by Perdu; 12-07-2006 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles