Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 02:45 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Visiting LA again, and seeing all the new stuff downtown, I wonder what's going to happen to Skid Row. Ultimately for Downtown to fully be there they have got to move all that out. Where would they place them though, as they have to be put somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 03:18 PM

908 posts, read 1,304,286 times
I find it pretty hard to displace all those folks. The homeless are all over downtown setting up encampments and what not. What are they going to do, dump them in East LA?

SF has always had a functional downtown even with all its homeless folks. They may not be as concentrated in one area, but still.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal88 View Post
I find it pretty hard to displace all those folks. The homeless are all over downtown setting up encampments and what not. What are they going to do, dump them in East LA?

SF has always had a functional downtown even with all its homeless folks. They may not be as concentrated in one area, but still.
Well really the LAPD wanted to arrest them all, but is held back by various court rulings for now (the courts ruled there is insufficient housing for them, therefore the police cannot take action). And yes they could build more housing for them in East LA or elsewhere.

But to an extent the police already have taken action. The homeless are more contained IN SKID ROW, and don't spill out in the rest of downtown as much as they used too.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well really the LAPD wanted to arrest them all, but is held back by various court rulings for now (the courts ruled there is insufficient housing for them, therefore the police cannot take action). And yes they could build more housing for them in East LA or elsewhere.

But to an extent the police already have taken action. The homeless are more contained IN SKID ROW, and don't spill out in the rest of downtown as much as they used too.

Perhaps you would like to put them in FEMA camps?

How awful to have those court rulings huh? Perhaps you would like it to be like Nazi Germany? Problem with that is after the homeless, whom do you round up next?

I think you're better off in NY.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Perhaps you would like to put them in FEMA camps?

How awful to have those court rulings huh? Perhaps you would like it to be like Nazi Germany? Problem with that is after the homeless, whom do you round up next?

I think you're better off in NY.
I am better off wherever I want to be, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop me.

And people like you hide behind fake civil liberties. You don't care that people are sleeping out in the streets at all. You're perfectly content to let them ROT.

Any rate poor people get displaced in all major cities, this is not unique to any one city.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I am better off wherever I want to be, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop me.

And people like you hide behind fake civil liberties. You don't care that people are sleeping out in the streets at all. You're perfectly content to let them ROT.

Any rate poor people get displaced in all major cities, this is not unique to any one city.
Don't put your views on me. I actually help out homeless people on a regular basis. You're the one who views as less than human.

I find your comments offensive and you clearly don't view them as people. No one is guaranteed anything in life, including tomorrow.

You can move wherever you like. Doesn't mean you will be an asset to LA or any place with your attitude.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Don't put your views on me. I actually help out homeless people on a regular basis. You're the one who views as less than human.

I find your comments offensive and you clearly don't view them as people. No one is guaranteed anything in life, including tomorrow.

You can move wherever you like. Doesn't mean you will be an asset to LA or any place with your attitude.
You don't own LA so you are nobody to say who will or won't be an asset. Get over yourself.

And grow up.

This site TOS does not guarantee that no one will be "offended". Certain language is prohibited, as is fighting and personal attacks but beyond that we have freedom of speech.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:26 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
It'd be nice if Sebastian Bach and them could work something out.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
You don't own LA so you are nobody to say who will or won't be an asset. Get over yourself.

Helping homeless people may help you feel good but if at the end of the day they're still homeless then you haven't really done much have you?

I did not violate site TOS. As long as we stay in TOS, we have freedom of speech. If you find my comments offensive that is your problem.

LOL, you don't even live here and you give people advice on areas you know nothing about.

You have no idea what does or does not help people in need. Clearly you view people who are down on their luck as less than human.

Your problem is your attitude. That's much worse than being offended.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:40 PM

184 posts, read 135,614 times
Quote:
Visiting LA again, and seeing all the new stuff downtown, I wonder what's going to happen to Skid Row. Ultimately for Downtown to fully be there they have got to move all that out. Where would they place them though, as they have to be put somewhere.
One thing they could do is move some or a lot of the resources etc in Skid Row to other places....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles