Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3784 View Post
Can someone inform me on where I can go to get answers?
If we could, I'm sure we would have already. Sorry we weren't of more help to you.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM

93 posts, read 188,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
If we could, I'm sure we would have already. Sorry we weren't of more help to you.

Again, I find it hard to believe that Im the only one my age not in LA, and looking to move to LA, to roommate with people my age.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 AM

830 posts, read 2,860,838 times
What I find most amazing about this thread is that we are now 102 posts into it and it's nothing about finding an apartment and roommate in LA. Quite ridiculous.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Again, I find it hard to believe that Im the only one my age not in LA, and looking to move to LA, to roommate with people my age.
When you were created, apparently they broke the mold. There doesn't appear to be anyone here in LA, a city of millions, who is anything like you. Your uniqueness is overwhelming to us regular Joes and Janes.

You might have to keep saving and put your plans off for a few extra years, so you'll be sure to have all the money you need without having to share accommodations. I'm sure I speak for all of us, the millions already here in LA, when I say thank you for making sure you'll be able to afford living solo.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
What I find most amazing about this thread is that we are now 102 posts into it and it's nothing about finding an apartment and roommate in LA. Quite ridiculous.

Prove me wrong .. Or atleast try, and maybe you will see my point.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you're not, but you apparently ARE the only one on this forum.

What everyone here is saying is that we don't have the answer to your housing questions.

Again, I'm sorry we couldn't help you.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 PM

Im the only younger person on here that has asked how to find housing in LA? I have seen many situations played out on this board, which everyone has given great advice on, regardless of how difficult of the situation. Again .. here everyone is willing to give up because they personally disagree with my choices. I know that if someone was to contact me about possibilities in Chicago, I would have more to say than "try this or that .. if not, no one here knows".

Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Im the only younger person on here that has asked how to find housing in LA? I have seen many situations played out on this board, which everyone has given great advice on, regardless of how difficult of the situation. Again .. here everyone is willing to give up because they personally disagree with my choices. I know that if someone was to contact me about possibilities in Chicago, I would have more to say than "try this or that .. if not, no one here knows".
You're the only one who says you're going to work in a particular area (although you don't yet have a job), have to live in specific (expensive) areas, that you don't/won't drive, that you only want "x" type of roommate, and you only want to pay "$" for rent.

Most people who post here looking for guidance are a lot more flexible and don't have such stringent requirements. Therefore, it's a lot easier to offer useful suggestions.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:59 PM

493 posts, read 665,401 times
You would have many more options and better flexibility if you had a license and car and drove out to California. Fortunately you can work on that where you live already. Stepping off an airplane at LAX and trying to get around in a strange place as vast as the greater Los Angeles area will be pretty rough...you'll need the freedom to wander around a bit until you've got your bearings. (Ditching the car would be much easier after you've settled in somewhere and know where you need to get on a regular basis.)

It would be difficult for most people to transport their suitcases and boxes of personal effects in a whole car or SUV if they were to move across the country, much less what they could carry away from an airport terminal and onto the bus or train. Are you planning on showing up with nothing more than the clothes on your back?

Old 03-31-2009, 04:01 PM

75 posts, read 207,267 times
I believe we have helped you to the best of our ability. We have given you lots of advice on where to look...sites, newspapers. We have even suggested nearby areas that might be good options for you as well. Most of us agree that you will have an easier time finding housing if you come down here and look yourself (especially given that you seem to be a little misguided in your preconceptions of certain areas and their location like when you asked if Century Century was a bad area), which you are unwilling to do. If you can't find something that fits your needs then I'm sorry, but I don't think that's our fault. At some point the blame needs to be turned inward...perhaps the problem here is you. You seem a little rigid in your criteria and your plan, and honestly, I think that's your biggest problem. You have to be willing to give a little or it will be very difficult for you.

Sorry if that comes off as rude but we've given you advice, it wasn't what you're looking for, and now you need to move on and try someplace else. Good luck to you and I hope you eventually find success in your endeavors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles