Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times

Advertisements

Have lots of "ups" and "downs" right now and concerns and anxieties about my son and other things...Play "teeter-totter" quite a bit! Struggle to keep my "balance!"...I'll be glad when things become a little more "stable!" All of the "ups" and "downs" stink! Too much "drama!"...But I don't have a "magic wand" to make everything "stable" and "for sure" and "secure." So I have to "ride" the "waves" and hope for the best and make sure that I don't fall off any "cliffs!"...Hope that my son can have a break and some "good years" before any tumors grow back! (He's been plaqued with fast-growing cancerous brain tumors that just won't "quit."l
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Have lots of "ups" and "downs" right now and concerns and anxieties about my son and other things...Play "teeter-totter" quite a bit! Struggle to keep my "balance!"...I'll be glad when things become a little more "stable!" All of the "ups" and "downs" stink! Too much "drama!"...But I don't have a "magic wand" to make everything "stable" and "for sure" and "secure." So I have to "ride" the "waves" and hope for the best and make sure that I don't fall off any "cliffs!"...Hope that my son can have a break and some "good years" before any tumors grow back! (He's been plaqued with fast-growing cancerous brain tumors that just won't "quit."l
I am sorry,and I hope and pray he does too.

Greenchili

Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
I wish the best for your family, especially your son.
You're so correct: the "ups" and "downs" stink like crazy.
I hope that your son will enjoy some good things in life, with the right people, at the right times.

"Struggle to keep my 'balance'". My goodness, I relate. I fall off the "highwire" sometimes. When that happens, usually a net catches me and keeps me from crashing.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:05 PM

Soda120 and Greenchili...Thanks for caring. I made a decision to put my worries and "troubles" up on the "shelf" (the best I can) this weekend..Whoa! Need to take the "load" and "weight" off my shoulders a little bit so I can feel a little "lighter" and younger and get back in balance!..Anyway I hope you both have a great weekend! It may reach 110 degrees here in the desert today. And tomorrow too! I'll be staying inside where it's cool most of the time.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
Soda120 and Greenchili...Thanks for caring. I made a decision to put my worries and "troubles" up on the "shelf" (the best I can) this weekend..Whoa! Need to take the "load" and "weight" off my shoulders a little bit so I can feel a little "lighter" and younger and get back in balance!..Anyway I hope you both have a great weekend! It may reach 110 degrees here in the desert today. And tomorrow too! I'll be staying inside where it's cool most of the time.
You're welcome.
Yes, stay indoors - and still drink plenty of water.
Watch some classic movies or TV shows. They'll take you away for a while. Make some popcorn. Order pizza. Just treat yourself. You deserve it.
If you can, do something you've wanted to do for a while (whatever it is). Hopefully, it won't involve anything outdoors.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:13 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Tired and anxious. Tuesday is hubby's surgery and I am anticipating that. Once it's over I can relax.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:01 PM

lubby...Wishing you and your husband the "best" on Tuesday when he has his surgery!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:04 PM

Soda120...Thanks for caring! I hope you're having a great weekend too and "spoiling yourself!"

Old 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
lubby...Wishing you and your husband the "best" on Tuesday when he has his surgery!
Thanks

Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM

399 posts, read 581,802 times
Relaxed but with a headache. I have a headache because I have a lot of unprocessed information from the last year and half that I'm trying to incorporate into my psyche. You know how sometimes you want something, you get it, and then you wonder why you wanted it in the first place? That's the feeling. I'm trying to make sense of the results of my initial desire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health