Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 09:12 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,997,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post

Then how do you explain the similar increases in crime rates that are happening in small towns and rural areas?

Its your claim, you prove it.
Show examples.

Masks normalcy did not cause car jacking to sky rocket in Minneapolis.

44% of the city still wanted to defund/abolish police in Minneapolis, even though crime has gotten bad there.

That 44% of the city is obviously far left progtards. Occam's razor applies here despite your weak protests.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
The vote yesterday means little to me. Minneapolis (and much of St. Paul) are still bowls full of nuts. They have light years of work to do before I do any business within their borders again. i.e. Ilhan Omar -anyone.......anyone???
I drove around the TC area when I was there last, went straight north to Kanabec county on the I 35 after.

Went through Harris on the way, saw a hammer/sickle flag so I figured I know where Ghengis lives now.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:17 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,397,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Will rent control cause bordering suburbs a spike in larger apartment complexes? What is a result of it? I’m assuming developers are going to question building within the two cities, but it’s also seems to be the highest demand. Will they switch some apartments to condos?
Rent control benefits a small number of long-term renters, but locks them into living in the same place because leaving would mean they would have to give up their cheap rent that can’t naturally raise to the going market price. Meanwhile it does nothing to help overall housing affordability. The main drivers of housing affordability are supply, construction costs and regulations (zoning, permits, inspections, etc.)

What will rent control do? It will cause the lessening of the supply of rentals by way of conversions of currently existing housing units and discouraging new construction. Lower supply will cause prices to increase, which offsets the benefits that existing renters would receive from the rent controlled units.

Bottom line - Rent control is bad policy.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Its your claim, you prove it.
Show examples.

Masks normalcy did not cause car jacking to sky rocket in Minneapolis.

44% of the city still wanted to defund/abolish police in Minneapolis, even though crime has gotten bad there.

That 44% of the city is obviously far left progtards. Occam's razor applies here despite your weak protests.
Let’s look at murder as an example.

In 2020 the three states which saw the highest increases in murder rate (greater than 61% from 2019) were all largely rural - Montana, South Dakota and Kentucky.

What we know about the increase in U.S. murders in 2020

“Murder increased in every geographic region, and in small towns and suburban areas as well as large cities.”

US records largest annual increase in murders in six decades.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Let’s look at murder as an example.

In 2020 the three states which saw the highest increases in murder rate (greater than 61% from 2019) were all largely rural - Montana, South Dakota and Kentucky.

What we know about the increase in U.S. murders in 2020

“Murder increased in every geographic region, and in small towns and suburban areas as well as large cities.”

US records largest annual increase in murders in six decades.
From your link:

Quote:
"It is not yet clear why murders rose dramatically in 2020. Experts have pointed to a variety of potential causes, including the economic and societal changes brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and changes in police-community relations after the murder of George Floyd in Minnesota last year."
So three states had this increase, and the PEW poll doesnt know why exactly, but specifically names Minneapolis and police relations. A city where police have been painted as the enemy by the far left for two years now, and enforcement of violent crimes has dropped to close to nil, and day after bailouts of even violent criminals has become accepted.

Your own link points to far left idiots causing the problems, and Minneapolis as the shining example of it all.

I'm beginning to think that somebody's suggestion of rural militias patrolling Minneapolis may actually be a valid alternative, since there is so many proggies with their head stuck in the sand there in Minneapolis that wont accept these lefty policies ARE THE PROBLEM.

You personally may have voted "no" on the abolish/defund question, but 44% of the voting city voted "YES" on that nonsense. 44%!

Old 11-03-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
From your link:

So three states had this increase, and the PEW poll doesnt know why exactly, but specifically names Minneapolis and police relations. A city where police have been painted as the enemy by the far left for two years now, and enforcement of violent crimes has dropped to close to nil, and day after bailouts of even violent criminals has become accepted.

Your own link points to far left idiots causing the problems, and Minneapolis as the shining example of it all.

I'm beginning to think that somebody's suggestion of rural militias patrolling Minneapolis may actually be a valid alternative, since there is so many proggies with their head stuck in the sand there in Minneapolis that wont accept these lefty policies ARE THE PROBLEM.

You personally may have voted "no" on the abolish/defund question, but 44% of the voting city voted "YES" on that nonsense. 44%!
Your post completely ignored that violent crime increased everywhere in the country and not just large US cities like Minneapolis. Do you honestly think that it’s Minneapolis’ fault that the murder rate jumped record levels in Montana and South Dakota? Come on…you’re better than that.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Your post completely ignored that violent crime increased everywhere in the country and not just large US cities like Minneapolis. Do you honestly think that it’s Minneapolis’ fault that the murder rate jumped record levels in Montana and South Dakota? Come on…you’re better than that.
I'm not making a connection that crime increases elsewhere are related to Minneapolis.

Your links from a PEW poll states it is unknown why crime increased elsewhere, but points to the obvious reasons why it did in Minneapolis. George Floyd aftermath, police relations, etc.....

Again, Occam's razor applies.

Your fellow lefties are the problem in Minneapolis, despite your whataboutism in other places.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not making a connection that crime increases elsewhere are related to Minneapolis.

Your links from a PEW poll states it is unknown why crime increased elsewhere, but points to the obvious reasons why it did in Minneapolis. George Floyd aftermath, police relations, etc.....

Again, Occam's razor applies.

Your fellow lefties are the problem in Minneapolis, despite your whataboutism in other places.
Yeah, you’re right. The lefty loonies of Minneapolis are directly to blame for nationwide crime increases

Listen. I acknowledge that crime increased in Minneapolis. What I reject is that it is somehow unique to this one city. Crime increased everywhere in the last year. The problem is much bigger than Minneapolis and it’s politicians and policies.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you’re right. The lefty loonies of Minneapolis are directly to blame for nationwide crime increases

Listen. I acknowledge that crime increased in Minneapolis. What I reject is that it is somehow unique to this one city. Crime increased everywhere in the last year. The problem is much bigger than Minneapolis and it’s politicians and policies.
The reason crime went up in other places is somewhat unexplained, except for specifically noted reasons. Like Minneapolis.

And it didnt go up everywhere. It went down in some places.

Explain that.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
The reason crime went up in other places is somewhat unexplained, except for specifically noted reasons. Like Minneapolis.

And it didnt go up everywhere. It went down in some places.

Explain that.
There will always be outliers. This needs to be studied more. I would suspect that the pandemic and everything related to it, shutdowns, etc. was a contributing factor to nationwide crime increases. The extent to which it was a factor is subject to more studies and debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul