Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 03:52 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times

Advertisements

All this city has to do is enforce the existing laws. You do the crime you do the time. let them whine all they want. If you start burning things down - that's arson - major time. Bit by bit we will get rid of the trash.

Old 11-03-2021, 05:22 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Every precinct on the northside voted against the measure. The areas that had the most support were the U of M and the Powderhorn area of the southside.

How Minneapolis voted on the police charter amendment

Other areas that supported the measure were Whittier and the wedge neighborhood in Uptown and some northeast neighborhoods. The largest opponents of the measure were Nokomis, Southwest, downtown and the Cedar Lake/Kenwood areas.
Fair enough - I have never denied there are crazies who would support this sort of stuff, who look like me. They are the product of a system of K through college that has taught them to hate themselves.

With that said, a lot of people I saw on the news leading the charge on the 'Vote Yes' were POCs.

Last edited by Yac; 11-04-2021 at 02:19 AM..

Old 11-03-2021, 05:51 PM

1,347 posts, read 876,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Eh, the majority of people that were leading that vote 'yes' campaign didn't seem to be lackin melanin.

Certainly white people did support it but let's not act like it was just them.
A higher proportion of white people were in support of the yes campaign. It was mostly a bunch of white liberals who live in low crime areas that voted yes. I've seen more black people speaking against it than for it.

Old 11-03-2021, 05:55 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
A higher proportion of white people were in support of the yes campaign. It was mostly a bunch of white liberals who live in low crime areas that voted yes. I've seen more black people speaking against it than for it.
That's all fine and I don't deny whites were in favor of it, but Ive been watching the news all week and whenever they put someone on to champion the disband
d cause, they were usually POC who were leading the charge.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:06 PM

1,299 posts, read 849,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Geez…..40% voted to defund police. Even the animals of NYC are smarter than them.
We can solve chicago by militias
CPD has failed miserably

Old 11-03-2021, 08:12 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
This is often the case; the people who actually suffer from violent crime never want the police to go away, though they almost always want police reform, less brutality, less stop-and-frisk tactics etc.

Whereas, the people who live in quiet, peaceful, safe areas are first in line to condemn the police's every mistake.

I guess George Floyd was an exception, although as I understand it, some (maybe a lot) of the agitators and instigators of the Floyd rioting in the Minneapolis-St Paul area were outsiders, or highly organized activists like antifa radicals for example.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:59 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Have you seen the map that breaks responses on that question down by precinct? Every precinct on the northside voted against the measure. The areas that had the most support were the U of M and the Powderhorn area of the southside.

How Minneapolis voted on the police charter amendment

Other areas that supported the measure were Whittier and the wedge neighborhood in Uptown and some northeast neighborhoods. The largest opponents of the measure were Nokomis, Southwest, downtown and the Cedar Lake/Kenwood areas.
Yep.

Idiot. White. Progressives.

The most willfully ignorant demographic in America by far.

Old 11-03-2021, 11:45 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Enforce laws, kill the no-bail catch and release policy. Prosecute all crimes. Without fear of prison, the crime wave will only grow.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:34 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Enforce laws, kill the no-bail catch and release policy. Prosecute all crimes. Without fear of prison, the crime wave will only grow.
Until this happens, nothing will change, it’s as simple as that. The no consequences is what has changed very recently.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:40 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
That's my neighborhood.

Yes, there is a lot of self-hate in this vicinity. That explains why we put a terrorist (John Thompson) into state representative for our area.
Wow, I feel your pain. St. Paul is one of the most beautiful major cities in America. I would have loved to have lived down there once upon a time. Minneapolis, too, for that matter.....but St. Paul especially for me. I can't imagine what it must be like to have lived in a place like that your whole life only to see it destroyed by radical liberalism. Did Thompson ever resign? I don't think he did. He should have been removed from office after the Hugo thing alone. Very, very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul