Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 07:36 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Can we sue these judges and others for incompetence/failure to do their jobs therefore putting the citizens at risk - both physically and financially?
Nah.

1) I don’t buy the narrative that this has any relation to the recent uptick in crime (being related to the pandemic/shutdowns seems far more plausible)

2) I also don’t subscribe to this mentality of “lock’em all up and throw away the key.” We should instead shift focus to what is causing people to commit crimes and causes of recidivism and how to more effectively rehabilitate people who commit crimes so they can be re-introduced to society and become productive members.

Old 12-06-2021, 12:04 PM

6,704 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Nah.

1) I don’t buy the narrative that this has any relation to the recent uptick in crime (being related to the pandemic/shutdowns seems far more plausible)

2) I also don’t subscribe to this mentality of “lock’em all up and throw away the key.” We should instead shift focus to what is causing people to commit crimes and causes of recidivism and how to more effectively rehabilitate people who commit crimes so they can be re-introduced to society and become productive members.
Rehabilitation doesn't work. Social workers don't help.The only proven solution is to lock them up. Eventually, the message gets around that if you do the crime, you'll do the time.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:48 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Quote:
Nah.

Pure balony. More later on your namby pamby theory~~~~~~~

Old 12-06-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
You’re entitled to your opinion. You likely won’t convince me to agree though.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
The exact same reasoning as in the 1970s, and it was a failure then just as much as it is today. The notion that we can stop crime by being nicer and more understanding toward the criminals... [[[shudder]]]

Old 12-08-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
The exact same reasoning as in the 1970s, and it was a failure then just as much as it is today. The notion that we can stop crime by being nicer and more understanding toward the criminals... [[[shudder]]]
No you’re right. Longer sentences and taking away their ability to obtain gainful employment and vote after they are released seems to be working really well for American society. So why not double down on that approach no?

Old 12-08-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
No you’re right. Longer sentences and taking away their ability to obtain gainful employment and vote after they are released seems to be working really well for American society. So why not double down on that approach no?
Appropriate sentences, realistic bail, and speedy trials.

There are plenty of jobs, especially now.

Voting? Not even going to dignify that with an answer.

Property crimes are skyrocketing right now because people see that they can get away with it. And have been told their entire lives that society owes it to them.

Murders are skyrocketing because... people know they can get away with it. Even when they're caught, they're frequently released on low bail or even no bail. Now that their own kind are in mayoral and prosecution leadership positions, they're just pushing their cities closer to the brink of anarchy.

The police obviously understand all of this, and increasingly don't bother with arrests. Why should they? If I were a Minneapolis police officer today, I would not arrest a soul. Let someone else get sued.

Old 12-08-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Property crimes are skyrocketing right now because people see that they can get away with it. And have been told their entire lives that society owes it to them.

Murders are skyrocketing because... people know they can get away with it. Even when they're caught, they're frequently released on low bail or even no bail. Now that their own kind are in mayoral and prosecution leadership positions, they're just pushing their cities closer to the brink of anarchy.

The police obviously understand all of this, and increasingly don't bother with arrests. Why should they? If I were a Minneapolis police officer today, I would not arrest a soul. Let someone else get sued.
Yes, well what do you expect when there was a large group of people who were sitting and waiting patiently, just desperate to go damage someone’s property and/or commit murder….and soon as they saw their opportunity to take said actions and get away with it they pounced on it.

Meanwhile Minneapolis police, who used to enforce the law, have been relegated to driving around in their squad cars aimlessly until their shift ends.

Yup, sounds about right.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:51 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Quote:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Covid has nothing to do with their behavior - they had no intention of working before Covid and nothing will chage that - afterall they can steal it and get nore $$ for less time.

We have many different ethnic groups in this city - many have experienced similar or worst past histories. What's the difference - they don't whine and display violent behavior but go out and make a life for themselves through positive measures. They work.

WE have seen how well this namby pamby crap works - our crime rate is soaring and not because of covid. What are the numbers now - a 500 % increase?

I vote to begin using the 3 strike law.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:42 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:

My Canadian citizenship card should be showing up within a year, it’s my backup plan if ever wanted in future. It’s nice having my mom born in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul