Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 12:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Eureka Springs is a great place to visit... It reminds me of the Cumberlands in TN with a culture similar to an Asheville. I wouldn't want to live there, though... Some of the retirees looked at me like I had two heads when I was walking through a local neighborhood
My wife lived there 35 years ago so we visited, briefly. Loads of rainbow flags and lots of "diversity" signs as in celebrating it. That was a "No thank you!" Looked like a slice of the CA bay area and other places we're escaping from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I have been reading all of the postings between C-Bassman and Curmmie...and laughing as I picture the parade. I've met Curmmie..and he will be a sight in heels! Then they can sign up for the Eureka Springs Ark. Gay Pride Parade (yes...C-Bassman...you aren't safe in Ark. either).

LOL LOL LOL
Yeah, and I've met you too and I bet you'd look great in them!

For those who don't know her, Mrs. Chilicook is a very special, very strong and very gracious lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:45 PM

26,422 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
My wife lived there 35 years ago so we visited, briefly. Loads of rainbow flags and lots of "diversity" signs as in celebrating it. That was a "No thank you!" Looked like a slice of the CA bay area and other places we're escaping from!
This is Arkansas we are talking about. I am sure some of the residents living in Arkansas are glad to have a town like Eureka to move to if they want something different. "Different strokes for different folks"

Old 08-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
This is Arkansas we are talking about. I am sure some of the residents living in Arkansas are glad to have a town like Eureka to move to if they want something different. "Different strokes for different folks"
By all means! Difrent strokes 4 difrent folks!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:00 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
I wish I rented before I bought. But, we just got a deal that was just too good. Maybe we will sell when the market turns.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I wish I rented before I bought. But, we just got a deal that was just too good. Maybe we will sell when the market turns.
We're not gettin' any younger so this is for life, no matter what the market does!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:56 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Quote:
Eureka Springs is a great place to visit... It reminds me of the Cumberlands in TN with a culture similar to an Asheville. I wouldn't want to live there, though... Some of the retirees looked at me like I had two heads when I was walking through a local neighborhood
Aw, that's silly! On account of your Norwegian ancestry, do you think? One of my nieces who's now out of high school has always sunburned easily. I don't know if this has anything to do with your Eureka Springs local neighborhood experience, but I am sorry it happened for whatever the reason.

The Catholic songwriter John Michael Talbot established a monastic community near Eureka Springs back sometime in the 1980s. His music is a wonderful counterpart to some of the more lively, faster-tempo praise songs I more often listen to. Sometimes you just have to slow down and take a break from the frenetic, worldly rat race so many get bogged down in, and listening to his music has really helped me do that when I've needed it.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Aw, that's silly! On account of your Norwegian ancestry, do you think? One of my nieces who's now out of high school has always sunburned easily. I don't know if this has anything to do with your Eureka Springs local neighborhood experience, but I am sorry it happened for whatever the reason.
Yes, I do get sunburned very easily. The vibe is just very strange in Eureka Springs. It feels like the town is in its own bubble even though it is a touristy place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
The Catholic songwriter John Michael Talbot established a monastic community near Eureka Springs back sometime in the 1980s. His music is a wonderful counterpart to some of the more lively, faster-tempo praise songs I more often listen to. Sometimes you just have to slow down and take a break from the frenetic, worldly rat race so many get bogged down in, and listening to his music has really helped me do that when I've needed it.
I am not a country music fan, but I enjoy the music of Ronnie Milsap if I want to relax after a stressful type A day.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,563,138 times
Quote:

I am not a country music fan, but I enjoy the music of Ronnie Milsap if I want to relax after a stressful type A day.
Try some bluegrass music; a banjo can make songs of murder, death, destruction, doom and judgment sound happy.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Try some bluegrass music; a banjo can make songs of murder, death, destruction, doom and judgment sound happy.
Well, I live in the rural Appalachians so I do hear some bluegrass from time to time. I appreciate most genres of music.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Type A days, huh? I gave up those about 10 years ago regarding most things but work. Then gave up half of what was left about two years ago and swept away the last little vestige at the end of December when I retired.

Now it's front deck or recliner time as soon as we get back to MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri