Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM

11 posts, read 15,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
When I moved here, the first thing I bought was a pair of Minnetonka slippers. Jasper decided he would sneak out last night, ha ha...he turned right around and ran back in. He did not even want to play his favorite game, "Mama Can't Catch Me". Good thing he came in, cause I was not going to go out and chase him. Smart cat.

I installed a cat door a couple years back when I replaced the storm door with a newer insulated door for that very reason. Other than a couple Herds of raccoons sneaking in and making my kitchen their personal buffet, its worked out rather nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 PM

225 posts, read 304,228 times
Man oh Man! I slip away for a while and I come back to find EH has been getting himself into trouble again... I think he just like flirting with the nurses!! LOL
Seriously EH.. I do hope things get better for you. I'm glad ya got Timber to keep you company.

Well.. this newbie experienced snow!!! Nothing for you guys but was awesome for me. Everything looked so beautiful.... til I had to shovel a path.. then it wasn't so pretty anymore. hahahah
The first day of snow I put Bruno out to go potty... then I went to feed him.. he was sitting at on porch with that Uh oh look... then he looked down beside him... my eyes followed... What did I see?????? A HUGE Bruno landmine! Yeppers.. he pooped on the porch! Normally I would have yelled at him.. but the look on his face was mixed of that of I'm sorry and Confusion. I said BRUNO! that is a NO! NO!.. He actually looked at the steaming pile and then looked at me as if to say... Well, geesh.. I couldnt find the yard!
I used the pooper scooper and took it into the yard and said POOPY HERE! and deposited the poop. Normally I'd be picking it up from the yard...LOL
Later.. I took him out and played in the snow with him.. threw him snowballs that he tried to catch and then couldnt figure out where they went to. LOL
Later that day I sent him out again to do his business and he had to poop.. so just as he gets into position.. his backside touches the snow.. He jumps away and turns around and looks back... I'm busting a gut laughing... He's doing his business and looks at me as it to say..Oh Yeahhh? See if you laugh when your butt hits the cold snow!
The funniest part was when he tried to run onto the porch and hit the icy steps and ended up sliding and doing several 360's across the porch all discombobulated. Now he's very careful how he climbs the steps. LOL
As for me.. I slipped 2 times but never fell.. thank goodness... or my 300lb butt would have probably laid there til I froze. Mom found her snow cleats for me to slip on over the shoes and I managed to walk up to the store .... no slipping and no falling! yayyyyyy
Saw a moose and her calf in the trailer park and got pics of them.

Go to my profile pics and u can see the moose.
Other than that... not much happening around here.
Hope all is well with everyone.
EH.. u be sure to take care of yourself!
Ya'll stay warm. I'll try to check back in again soon.
YA'LL can always reach me on facebook

Last edited by MaBonnema; 11-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: adding url

Old 11-21-2011, 12:40 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSFlatlander View Post
I installed a cat door a couple years back when I replaced the storm door with a newer insulated door for that very reason. Other than a couple Herds of raccoons sneaking in and making my kitchen their personal buffet, its worked out rather nice.
I gotcha Raccoon...

Racoon at night - YouTube

Old 11-21-2011, 12:43 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Ma, I love moose! That is a great photo! How much snow do you have?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Ma, I love moose! That is a great photo! How much snow do you have?
I'm not too good at measuring... but I am thinking we got about a foot of snow over the last few days. Now I hear more is on its way.
On my pics (albums) I have a pic of the baby moose kneeling to eat grass. I think I was about 50 ft away from it. To bad the zoom on my camera isnt too great or I would have gotten a better pic. Maybe one day Santa, the tooth fairy, or the easter bunny.... will get me a nicer camera. LOL

Old 11-21-2011, 08:51 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,781 times
MaBonnema: It's far easier to pick up doggy doo in the winter :-) With it being frozen, lol

Old 11-21-2011, 09:25 AM

451 posts, read 999,496 times
Ma - you be REAL careful when around Moose. Unlike our friend from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, they are DEADLY DANGEROUS and can go from seeming calm to full attack mode at any time. Don't be fooled by the lack of Antlers - the cows are as dangerous as the bulls - especially when they have their calf(ves) along...

Thanks for sharing your new adventures in the snow. Bruno will get accustomed to the snow on his backside; we'll just hope you won't have to for any reason...

mg

Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Watch out Montana, I'm headed your way. haha

My truck is warming up right now. My neice called and she's broke down just outside of Billings. So I'm headed up there to get her back on the road. She picked a bad day cause my legs are not working worth a crap this morning. Meds haven't even touched the pain. Oh well, you never plan on when you are going to break down.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Ma - you be REAL careful when around Moose. Unlike our friend from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, they are DEADLY DANGEROUS and can go from seeming calm to full attack mode at any time. Don't be fooled by the lack of Antlers - the cows are as dangerous as the bulls - especially when they have their calf(ves) along...

Thanks for sharing your new adventures in the snow. Bruno will get accustomed to the snow on his backside; we'll just hope you won't have to for any reason...

mg
Thanks Monty. I will be more careful.
After I took the pics and told my neighbor about it her eyes got huge and she told me I was either crazy or stupid!.. I told her.. well, sometimes I am a little of both.. but more on the crazy side. :P

Speaking of Rocky and Bullwinkle... thats what I was gonna name the moose.. but they arent males so that didnt work out. Think I'll nick name them Joan and Geraldine... after my deceased aunts. LOL

Old 11-21-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janab View Post
MaBonnema: It's far easier to pick up doggy doo in the winter :-) With it being frozen, lol
I know thats right! LMAO.... but it's snowing right now and I aint going hunting for it. It will just have to stay there till the snow melts. rofl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana