Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM

225 posts, read 304,001 times

Advertisements

Never had Elk... or Bear, or Moose..
I have had Deer & ..... Horse .. horse tastes like corned beef to me.
and goat & sheep.. I like those too.
Great.. now I am hungry.. thx a lot EH! LOL

Oh... HELLO EVERY ONE.

Had my first appointment yesterday with the psychologist yesterday... no straight jacket or rubber room ... yet. She did agree that I was physically unable to work and for me to re-apply for disability. She said hopefully with her added "treatment and action plan" that will also help to decide in my favor when I reapply.

New doctor has also changed the dosage of my previous meds added another med to my list of BP meds. I can now officially say I can Shake, rattle, and roll. I now take Atenolol 100mg 1x day, LisinoprilHCTZ 2x day, Clonidine 0.1mg 2x day & Norvasc 5mg 1x day.. to keep my BP under control.
I have been lying down a lot also. Seems only way to keep the swelling down in my feet. which the psychologist also didnt like the looks of yesterday. They werent swollen but they were purple! (which she made a note of to report to my doctor).
Psychologist will probably add another med when I go back next week.
Anyway.. hopefully I'll start getting the medical documentation that I need to aid me in my appeal. Also my old doc is writing a letter on my behalf.

Hopefully once I can get medical coverage I can also work on getting my sinus problem taken care of. So tired of feeling like I have a bowling ball permanently lodged in the right nostril (been this way for 3 yrs now and every time I have talked to a doc about it they were more worried with my BP than my sinuses.) Hopefully soon I will get my self straightened out. I HOPE!!

I have also taken up the paint brush again. Painting rocks..... but hey.. it's a start. I havent painted anything in years. I'll be glad when all of this yukky slushy snow is gone! A lot of the snow is melted here except for our little fenced in back yard... which is where I need to get to in order to clean up all of the doggy presents. Will definitely have to find a way of getting him a kennel!

I added 6 more pics to my album BRUNO... 3 are of my painted rocks and 3 are of my poor feet showing the swelling and the red scaly rash.. that the doc says was from circulation problems.
Anyway.. I need to get up and make some coffee. Someone has to wake the SUN up.

Hope everyone has a great day. Many hugs to you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,946,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
I have also taken up the paint brush again. Painting rocks..... but hey.. it's a start. I havent painted anything in years.
Hope everyone has a great day. Many hugs to you all.
Well we are tossing a few hugs your way. I hope your doctors aren't prescribing drugs you may not need, we have had a few doctors who I think cheated their way through med school ! Double check everything any doctor does because they make mistakes just like everyone else.
Double check your meds from the drugstore also. Twice now we have caught a pharmacist putting one of our labels on the bottle of someone else meds and handing them to us.
They admitted that they made the errors. I used to take every med my doctor put me on without question. Those days are over, I quit taking all but two much needed medications and gave up on all the rest and now my new doctor said I never needed them in the first place ???
Perhaps my old doc was born in a duck pond !

Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Thanks DLP for the heads up about the meds. Yes, I usually google a med when the doc prescribes it. I am a little bit lucky in the fact that I used to work in assisted living and know what some of the meds are for. My mom knows even more.
True one doesnt think to check the med when the pharmacist fills it... but now that you mention it I will be more vigilant about it.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Thanks DLP for the heads up about the meds. Yes, I usually google a med when the doc prescribes it. I am a little bit lucky in the fact that I used to work in assisted living and know what some of the meds are for. My mom knows even more.
True one doesnt think to check the med when the pharmacist fills it... but now that you mention it I will be more vigilant about it.
I had a medication that told me, "No more than xxxx" per day. I thought, not a problem because I was only taking about half of that total. I found a website that you plug in your meds and it keeps track and let's you know about effects, and conflicts. Come to find out, 3 of my medications had that item in it and if you added the three of them together, I was over the max per day. Talked to my doctor and he fixed the problem.

First off, the doctor should know that. Secondly, the pharmacy, as long as you get everything at the same pharmacy, and I do, should know that and keep track, and they didn't. I had to find out and figure it out for myself. Here is a link to a sight that does that for you. Drug Interactions

Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,946,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I had a medication that told me, "No more than xxxx" per day."
Man oh man, even if I only took one "x" per day I'd be on my butt all day no doubt.
I gave up on taking most meds years ago (along with alcohol), too many side effects that I can't deal with.
I don't think the local county mounties will give me a ticket for "Under The Influence of of a 2mm kidney stone and second degree back pain"

Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Good skiing this time of year. Fresh powder, sunny days...anyone been going? I think a road trip to Big Sky is a possibility this weekend...

Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Good skiing this time of year. Fresh powder, sunny days...anyone been going? I think a road trip to Big Sky is a possibility this weekend...
I went downhill skiing once. I learned the very first time that I was not meant to ski down hill. Now, back on the farm we used to go out at night and sneak up to the cattle and grab a tail and they'd pull us around for about 2-3 minutes. Then you grab another one. Better than a chair lift. No ski's or boots to rent. Now cross country is a different story. With cross country I can't go fast enough to bust my ......

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
I've been ice fishing too much to ski. Met some guys that like to take out a barrel, wood and jalapeno brats and drill lot's of holes.

Havn't iced a lot of fish, but sure have eaten my fair share of brats and beer!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM

Ice fishing must include a shack, of sorts, with a heater. This kid is NOT going out and sitting on a little stool in the middle of the ice and fishing through a hole. Ain't happening.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 AM

Never tried skiing, never ice fished.. dont intend to. I do good just to stand up and walk on normal ground. And if I want frozen fish... I'll go to the freezer section at the grocery store. :P
Have had kidney stones b4.. Dont want them ever again!!!

Made homemade potato soup with chunks of ham in it for dinner.. ya'll missed out... mom and I ate the whole pot.

EH thanks for that web site. I book marked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana