Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 08:37 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,835 times

Advertisements

If you're a Blackhawks fan don't bother coming. Just kidding.

It's worth noting that Mt. Juliet is basically the only desirable place in Wilson County. That doesn't mean the rest is a dump, it just isn't anything special. But if you're in Mt. Juliet you're more tied in with eastern Davidson County than the rest of Wilson. I live in Mt. Juliet and the last time I've gone east was to potenially buy a car in Lebanon about 8 months ago. MJ is much more "connected" to Hermitage and Metro Nashville than anything east of it for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 09:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
I know of people who have moved to Wilson to escape the "my house is better than yours" rat race in Williamson that has only made traffic horrendous over there.
For the record, I would not say that's the prevailing attitude here by a long shot, and it certainly not a mindset that's limited to Williamson County.

There are plenty of tract homes to go around all over middle Tennessee.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:09 PM

456 posts, read 587,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
For the record, I would not say that's the prevailing attitude here by a long shot, and it certainly not a mindset that's limited to Williamson County.
Yes it is. You just live in the "kingdom" of Williamson Co. and are unaware. The memo was sent out years ago.
I'm just joking with you. Williamson Co. is a great place to live. I really don't know how much higher Williamson Co. can go. I already see residents spilling over into Wilson because nobody wants to drive from Spring Hill or West Franklin due to traffic anymore. You're already seeing homes in the $400-$600 and higher range here and its even starting to pick up across the lake in the extreme southwestern pirtion of Gallatin. Having the lake and Music City Star are two valuable things that Williamson Co. just doesnt have and this next generation is starting to realize that.

Last edited by titanspreds_04; 02-01-2016 at 09:24 PM..

Old 02-03-2016, 09:27 AM

15 posts, read 17,243 times
Thanks for the reply's. I do not have a commute issue as I work from home and fly to see customers. I am looking for a cute community with a small downtown area with shopping and resturants.

As for the lake, is there any restaurants and bars on the lake or is it a fishing/ wildlife kinda lake?

Old 02-03-2016, 12:37 PM

569 posts, read 1,426,513 times
There are a few marina bars on Old Hickory lake. We go to Anchor High Marina sometimes for lunch. It's been redone recently and is pretty nice. That is in Hendersonville. Hendersonville is much more a a lake community than say Mt Juliet or Gallatin...but all have homes directly on the lake (those are pretty pricey). One thing though....there is no type of "downtown" in Hendersonville or Mt Juliet (Gallatin has a square) if that's important to you. Hendersonville and Mt Juliet have newer "lifestyle" shopping areas.

Many homes have docks on the lake. People do fish....but I think it's more of a recreational type lake.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:49 AM

38 posts, read 40,166 times
Default Moving from Chicago to Nashville. New Car Tax?

Im planning to get a new car in Illinois before I move to Nashivlle since the tax is 3% lower. And I plan to register the car at Illinois first. I will move to Nashville in April, so that's about 30 days after I bought the car, in that case, do I still need to pay the tax difference when I register at TN?
I know when I moved from Indiana to Illinois, the car I bought at Indiana don't need to pay the tax difference if I bought it certain days ago, I wonder if it is the case here?

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2017, 10:01 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
If the vehicle is titled or registered in the name that will appear on the Tennessee title, a person that is changing legal residence to Tennessee may import a personal motor vehicle without paying sales and use tax.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 02-09-2017 at 11:09 AM..

Old 02-09-2017, 06:15 PM

38 posts, read 40,166 times
THanks. Guess I will buy in chicago first

Old 05-17-2017, 01:38 PM

43 posts, read 76,603 times
Default Wanting to escape Chicago

We currently live in the suburbs of Chicago, La Grange. While it's a great place to live we are priced out of most houses here as they usually are upwards of $500k. So unlike most posts I see we are conservative and prefer to live around like minded people. We get along with everyone so liberals are not a problem. Especially considering how liberal Chicago is. We are an interracial family (black and Mexican if it matters) so we'd prefer a diverse area. We don't need to live an a predominantly black or Mexican area just in an area where people are comfortable with our presence. They will form relationships with us and be good neighbors. I am in construction and I have been told a large portion of the big companies are out in the suburbs. We need good schools and moderate priced housing. I'd say 200k or so. anything come to mind?

Old 05-18-2017, 01:21 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,096,537 times
RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder

I think your best bet is to use the above website, which is for Middle TN, and see where you can get something for $200,000. Housing prices here have been on a steady upward trend. Spring Hill, to the south, used to be affordable but I don't see much in your price range at the moment. Maybe Murfreesboro? Or East - Mount Juliet? I don't know anything about MJ or Handersonville but maybe someone else will post . . . . Try picking different counties and when you have found a couple in your price range, check the board for posts about that area (use SEARCH THIS FORUM in the upper right hand corner with no posts open).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville