Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 08:39 AM

335 posts, read 356,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBruno23 View Post
I'm a 30-something professional single guy who relocated to Nashville from Denver last fall. Denver definitely has the "Menver" reputation, although I never had any issues with dating. From a female perspective, I often heard women have trouble dating in the city despite ratios in their favor, due to the fact Colorado is basically a giant playground for men. They move out to explore the mountains and drink beer, rather than pursue relationships. In fact, local 'Westword' recently named Denver the worst city for dating. Mileage may vary of course, but thought I would share.

https://www.westword.com/news/denver...g-2017-9737648
Guy chiming in: I've lived in Denver, Minneapolis, Los Angeles... Denver was the worst for dating by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 10:30 AM

71 posts, read 81,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ima30something View Post
Guy chiming in: I've lived in Denver, Minneapolis, Los Angeles... Denver was the worst for dating by far.
Guys often say it sucks because there's so many more single men than women (hence the "Menver" nickname), but I'm a single woman. And as someone who's done the legwork in Nashville, sheer numbers alone are far more favorable for women in Denver than Nashville.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:07 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprtsJunkie88 View Post
Haha, WOW, 71st?! Dare I ask that's out of how many cities total?
The article I saw was out of 182, but once you start getting down towards the bottom, there's a lot of cities quite a bit smaller than Nashville so in terms of "legitimate metro areas", they ranked it pretty low. For what it's worth that surprised me.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:13 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,580 times
Am I missing something with the Menver stereotype? Every breakdown I've seen has the male to female ratio almost 50/50.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:34 PM

71 posts, read 81,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Am I missing something with the Menver stereotype? Every breakdown I've seen has the male to female ratio almost 50/50.
I’m not sure if all those gender numbers you see take into consideration age. From what I’ve heard (I have a good friend who lives there), the “Menver” stereotype more applies to 30-somethings. A friend of an old roommate used to live in Denver - she moved to Nashville for grad school - and she literally told me, “Oh yeah, Denver is the place to be if you are still single in your 30s.” Maybe it’s just friends and acquaintances hyping it up, but clearly that thought process is coming from somewhere other than them.

Edit: To clarify, they are both women, so they may have meant Denver is the place to be if you are a 30-something single woman.

Last edited by SprtsJunkie88; 07-27-2018 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: