Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 AM

821 posts, read 2,039,962 times

Advertisements

I guess in the colder months is when I'm going to be able to try Sonics out...
also I should add that I saw this at about 2:00 pm on a Monday could you imagine what its going to be like on a weekend...

oh and yes it is totowa I couldnt think of the name of the town. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 04:39 PM

119 posts, read 473,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
I ate at BoJangles as well not that great I would much rather hit a Popeye's...
I had Bojangles once last year when I stopped off of I-95 in South Carolina on the way to Florida and I thought they were amazing. Could be that I hadn't slept in about 15-20 hours and I was starving though... Isn't there a location in Newark?

BTW, the Sonic in Waretown used to be the exact same way these new Sonic locations are when it first opened a few years ago.. They had "lot full" signs, people directing traffic, build up of cars on the main highway, no spots available to park, etc.. but eventually it died down a lot. Now you could go there and order food with ease. In a few months I'm sure it'll die down considerably when everyone gets sick of it.

Last edited by jcjh20; 06-30-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: more to type

Old 06-30-2009, 05:08 PM

445 posts, read 1,986,191 times
Well, just passed by the one in Howell. Lines wrapped around the block. They have a couple of police cars there to direct people and a couple of extra refrigerated trucks with food so they dont run out. I think i will wait a few weeks till the excitement dies down . Anybody brave the lines ?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:26 PM

331 posts, read 1,199,633 times
I've eaten in Sonic's many times while traveling out of state. While the food is pretty good and the selection is certainly better than McDonalds or BK, it isn't worth waiting in line for. It's only fast food. People were being directed to park 1/4 mile down the highway (near Bendix) and had to walk back to the one on Rt. 17 in Hasbrouck Heights. People are insane. I'm sure the response of the locals have exceeded the expectations of the owners. I won't go anywhere near the place until things die down.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:35 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,417,915 times
What a bunch of frikking fatsos! What is up with people. Ok great Sonic is great, yeah so is every other get fat joint. I got stuck in traffic twice because of that crap hole. Once on 17 and then today on 46. Lets hope some of the fatso have a coronary that will clear the rodes and allow "normal " people to get on with out lives.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:13 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I agree. I think they need to put one near Cherry Hill, one near New Brunswick, one in Bergen or Essex and then one in Morris county some place . This way everyone can be happy !

But for now the fact that there is one in NJ is a big step! So excited--took these people long enough. Did they not want our money?? lol
In South Jersey there is on route 38 in HAINESPORT NJ near Mount Laurel

Old 06-30-2009, 08:45 PM

25 posts, read 110,105 times
Default Rt. 9 South Howell & Rt. 22 Greenbrook

Rt. 9 South should be open as I went by on sunday and they were open by invitation only so I assume they now have to be open to the public.

I'm on Rt. 22 all the time and they have a sign on Rt.22 East in Green Brook at the old Tiny Tots Gym store saying coming soon.

The first time I had it was when they built on Rt. 9 in Waretown and I thought it was pretty tasty for fast food. I liked the way my burger didn't drip grease and my clothes didn't have an odor the way Wendy's leaves on my clothes. I also stop at one in DE last year on my way home from vacationing in MD and I had a hotdog and thought it was pretty tasty as I am always hesitant to order hotdogs from fast food places.

Now if they would bring Hardees to NJ then I would be a happy camper

Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 AM

821 posts, read 2,039,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjh20 View Post
I had Bojangles once last year when I stopped off of I-95 in South Carolina on the way to Florida and I thought they were amazing. Could be that I hadn't slept in about 15-20 hours and I was starving though... Isn't there a location in Newark?

BTW, the Sonic in Waretown used to be the exact same way these new Sonic locations are when it first opened a few years ago.. They had "lot full" signs, people directing traffic, build up of cars on the main highway, no spots available to park, etc.. but eventually it died down a lot. Now you could go there and order food with ease. In a few months I'm sure it'll die down considerably when everyone gets sick of it.
Thats the one I ate at in Newark - they closed down after about a year. I hope all the this hoopla does die down I really would like to try Sonic's food but I refuse to wait in such a long line

Old 07-01-2009, 10:38 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,417,915 times
Check the nutritional facts on the Sonic website and just think how fat those dummies lined up in their cars are getting. Very very comical!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,623 times
For all of you to know...those who live in nj...a sonic just opened up in hackensack nj( hasbrouk heights),,,route 17...man it opened like 3 weeks ago and its still packed...never been there,, but ill probably go tonite..hopefully its good since everyone just keep talking about it....good luck to yall....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey