Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 08:38 AM

46 posts, read 70,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
After months of waiting and stressful anticipation, I picked up the keys to our new home in Crossing today. Stepping foot into our apartment made it all worth it! While there were definitely times where I was pulling my hair out, the team at Related really handle the move-in process well. When I arrived, the concierge had my keys ready for me and I was taken through the entire apartment by the maintenance manager and he explained how everything worked and make sure everything was up to standards. There was also a nice welcome bag waiting in the kitchen and a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom (it's the little things, right?). They also had the A/Cs on so the place was nice and cool when I got in.

A few hours later, another maintenance staff member stopped by to say hello and ask if I needed help with anything. They offered to put additional storage bars up in the closet as well if I decided I needed them.

Interestingly enough, I did ask about the heat situation as we were talking through. He explained that the heat is generated by gas, which they pay for. It's blown through the apartment by electric fan, which we pay for. Ultimately, it'll result in a much lower heating bill than if we were responsible for the whole thing. We live in a building like that now, and the bill honestly isn't too crazy since it's well insulated and the windows are thick/tinted. Hope this helps!
Congrats on moving in!

Appreciate you following up on the heating question.

Would be curious to see some pictures of the common areas in crossing. And if you could take some pictures of the commons building as you see it from the 29th floor community room...curios what the garden and bbq/patio areas look like.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:50 AM

36 posts, read 62,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
LICHOPEFUL,

Congrats. My coordinator finally responded 2 me today and they did my paperwork and credit check months ago. She told me today to give up all hope. Ain't that grand?

Only low income applicants have coordinators and they are all very careful about what is said to applicants. Never would a coordinator tell an applicant to give up all hope.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaym View Post
There is someone on this thread so dedicated to trolling. You sound nothing like what the coordinators from related are. Are you getting payed for this~ lol
Right on

Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball212 View Post
Thank you for this! I've been contemplating whether or not to get a spot due to it being $300 (with taxes and fees), now that I see we can get a reserved parking for less, I might just do that instead. This is good news!
Think you misunderstood the parking rates. I went to the building as well, and spoke to the parking facility manager, that parking rate display is a bit misleading. From what he told me, monthly rates start at 250 for a non permanent space, if you have a luxury or an over-sized vehicle then add 75, if you want a static spot then add 150...oh and don't forget tax.

However, if you don't mind walking a couple of blocks, there are some options at 180/185 in open door parking lots.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Just heard back from my coordinator at 8pm, apologizing profusely for not getting back to me sooner and it's only been 24 hours. They are definitely working hard for us!

Quick question...at what point in the process does city approval happen? Is that AFTER you are shown a unit and pick one out, or before? Thanks!

Oh and I'm still "being processed" on their end...
Definitely after you are shown a unit.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:58 AM

71 posts, read 107,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAndConfusedHPSGuy View Post
Think you misunderstood the parking rates. I went to the building as well, and spoke to the parking facility manager, that parking rate display is a bit misleading. From what he told me, monthly rates start at 250 for a non permanent space, if you have a luxury or an over-sized vehicle then add 75, if you want a static spot then add 150...oh and don't forget tax.

However, if you don't mind walking a couple of blocks, there are some options at 180/185 in open door parking lots.
Thanks, that might be a better option!

Old 08-21-2015, 09:22 AM

76 posts, read 127,312 times
Quote:
Congrats on moving in!

Appreciate you following up on the heating question.

Would be curious to see some pictures of the common areas in crossing. And if you could take some pictures of the commons building as you see it from the 29th floor community room...curios what the garden and bbq/patio areas look like.
The Crossing lounge/roof area is still under construction and elevators won't go that high without a key. They are still moving people in for the mid 20s, so I would guess it will be at least another month before the amenities on the 30th floor actually open.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:46 AM

46 posts, read 65,042 times
Quote:

Hi which parking lots offer the 180/185 rates? I'm going next week to speak to the parking lot manager but I want some cheaper options because the prices are just too much!

Old 08-21-2015, 10:36 AM

457 posts, read 737,243 times
MetroPlus,

If middle income doesn't have a coordinator, what do they have?

The person I'm working with is either a coordinator or real estate agent. Regardless, I refer to her as my coordinator since this whole process is being orchestrated by a Related Management employee.

I was told in a professional and courteous manner that I should give up hope. Those weren't the exact words, but I was being comical and you clearly missed the point.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMeLuck View Post
Their favorite line is "this is what is currently available." I know they are all trained to say it. I wonder who they are saving all the good rooms for. I doubt the low-income 1beds are all gone. They want to fill up all the studios first for some reason. Or the 1 beds are still under construction and renovation, so they want to get rid of all the completed studios first. Who knows? It should not feel fishy if it was not fishy. Just like how when you sense your significant other is cheating on you. You feel it for a reason.

Oh no, now I sound like NYCLotterygirl. Lol. I kid I kid.
When I met with my agent, it was made very clear that each income level had a specific pool of apartments designated to them. And why not? That makes sense, because folks that are paying the highest amount of the moderate income bracket should get the best units, since they are saving the least compared to market rate units.

It bugles my mind how anyone in the low income bracket can complain about anything, and even those in lower or higher brackets of moderate income. You're not happy with something? Then just don't move in, and leave the apartment to someone who will be grateful for the opportunity to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery