Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 07:04 PM

15 posts, read 26,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileenandherbie View Post
What is your log number? Do you have any preferences? Thanks
By log number I am guessing you mean the number on the NYC housing connect site? My number there is 43k. I also understand preferences to be the community board 2 or an NYC employee? In which case I have no preferences.

Sorry if I am wrong with my answers, this is the first lottery I apply to and I am learning everything about this process by reading this thread. It's a lot of information!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:13 PM

12 posts, read 47,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMeLuck View Post
Their favorite line is "this is what is currently available." I know they are all trained to say it. I wonder who they are saving all the good rooms for. I doubt the low-income 1beds are all gone. They want to fill up all the studios first for some reason. Or the 1 beds are still under construction and renovation, so they want to get rid of all the completed studios first. Who knows? It should not feel fishy if it was not fishy. Just like how when you sense your significant other is cheating on you. You feel it for a reason.

Oh no, now I sound like NYCLotterygirl. Lol. I kid I kid.
Lmao now you've got me thinking... Hey guys! Long time creeper reading all of your helpful comments and some not so helpful aka NYCLotterygirl. Thank you all for your information and updates. they've had me biting my nails waiting about my application.

I had my interview on the 29 of July. Gave my coordinator everything, all my documents and just a week ago they requested verification that i was no longer working at my old job? W.e, since then its been a dead silence from Related! it approaching almost a month now and still no news! Haha maybe its a good thing like Wishmeluck said. it would be pretty awesome if they were holding out all of the one bedrooms out for people! it would truly be a blessing because i would hate to have to get rid of my dear queen sized bed!

Anyway just to keep that list going
Low income/ log#2,700s first contacted 7/23 interviewed 7/29. No preference!

Ahhh so excited and nervous! Hopefully getting to know all of my future neighbors better!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:41 PM

163 posts, read 271,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopingForTheBest View Post
They said HDC can take 3 days - 2-3 weeks. The broker/agent guy wasn't friendly. Seemed like he didn't even want to work or be there. I see the other brokers there with other clients and they were all extremely friendly and smiling and helpful. But the one guy I had, I was not happy. Plus I didn't even get a layout sheet. The coordinator is the nicest. But surprised it wasn't the same with the broker.

No walk in closet. And yes, NYCLottery girl is right. The floor is uneven. I was able to tell because I noticed one side of the air conditioner was close to touching the floor while the other side was not.

It's just so poorly designed. The nook and crannies go to the low-income folks.

And the parking rate is confusing for me because of that whole "additional" part.

And Oh, BKNurse, I found this that may help:

10 Apps for Planning a Room Layout

Unless CrossingTenant wants to mock up all our layouts for a small fee? lol. Or for those who was given a layout.

Wait you worked with a coordinator AND a broker? When does the broker come in?

Old 08-20-2015, 07:47 PM

142 posts, read 198,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Wait you worked with a coordinator AND a broker? When does the broker come in?
It's not really a broker but more like a leasing agent for the building. You will not be asked to pay a broker fee.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
It's not really a broker but more like a leasing agent for the building. You will not be asked to pay a broker fee.
This is after all your info is cleared by Related. If all of your info passes you will be asked to view an apartment with the agent at HPS not your coordinator. If you say yes to the apartment your file will be sent to the city for final approval. This is for the lower income bracket.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:09 PM

46 posts, read 65,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
This is after all your info is cleared by Related. If all of your info passes you will be asked to view an apartment with the agent at HPS not your coordinator. If you say yes to the apartment your file will be sent to the city for final approval. This is for the lower income bracket.
I worked with the same coordinator from the beginning. Someone else emailed when they were collecting my paperwork but that's all.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDenisi View Post
I worked with the same coordinator from the beginning. Someone else emailed when they were collecting my paperwork but that's all.
This is for the lower income bracket.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 PM

457 posts, read 737,243 times
I'm sure Related has their standard lines that they always use. How they filled up 700 apartments so quickly is beyond me.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:58 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDenisi View Post
I am middle income and I never heard from a broker. I had the same related coordinator throughout the whole process. Once I signed my lease I got an email from the move-in coordinator. No broker.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:59 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
After months of waiting and stressful anticipation, I picked up the keys to our new home in Crossing today. Stepping foot into our apartment made it all worth it! While there were definitely times where I was pulling my hair out, the team at Related really handle the move-in process well. When I arrived, the concierge had my keys ready for me and I was taken through the entire apartment by the maintenance manager and he explained how everything worked and make sure everything was up to standards. There was also a nice welcome bag waiting in the kitchen and a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom (it's the little things, right?). They also had the A/Cs on so the place was nice and cool when I got in.

A few hours later, another maintenance staff member stopped by to say hello and ask if I needed help with anything. They offered to put additional storage bars up in the closet as well if I decided I needed them.

Interestingly enough, I did ask about the heat situation as we were talking through. He explained that the heat is generated by gas, which they pay for. It's blown through the apartment by electric fan, which we pay for. Ultimately, it'll result in a much lower heating bill than if we were responsible for the whole thing. We live in a building like that now, and the bill honestly isn't too crazy since it's well insulated and the windows are thick/tinted. Hope this helps!
Congrats on your move-in..Welcome home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery