Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 AM

50 posts, read 68,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDenisi View Post
Hi which parking lots offer the 180/185 rates? I'm going next week to speak to the parking lot manager but I want some cheaper options because the prices are just too much!
Thought you were waiting...did you get an apt??

Old 08-21-2015, 10:59 AM

46 posts, read 70,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
The Crossing lounge/roof area is still under construction and elevators won't go that high without a key. They are still moving people in for the mid 20s, so I would guess it will be at least another month before the amenities on the 30th floor actually open.
Interesting. Thought Crossings was complete and fully occupied.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:00 AM

46 posts, read 65,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileenandherbie View Post
Thought you were waiting...did you get an apt??

no no I signed my lease and got to see my apartment last week . I posted a picture of the view. Im getting everything ready for the move in mid September. Now I just need to secure a moving truck for that day.

Does anyone have recommendations for moving truck rentals?

Old 08-21-2015, 11:36 AM

3 posts, read 4,228 times
Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this thread for a VERY long time, and I'm so grateful for the information you've shared. So now, I'd like to return the favor and share some information now that I've signed my lease and have moved in!

So the basics: low income applicant, log #: 44,070, CB preference

May 4, 2015: Received an email from Related requesting I make an appointment to meet with a coordinator to submit my documents.

May 12, 2015: Went to Related office in Chelsea and submitted all paperwork (income tax, paystubs, etc.)

June 17: Was out of the country and arrived this date. Checked my voicemail and found 2 messages from a Related leasing agent, asking if I was interested in seeing a unit they were considering offering me.

June 18: Went in and viewed the studio apartment they had in mind for me. I said I was interested and to proceed with the application. Agent said that he needed some paperwork to be approved and that he would call me to schedule an appt if I moved onto the next stage (i.e., city approval).

June 25: Went in to sign the final documents for city approval. Was told that I would have to wait anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks.

August 7: Got a call (about a month and a half later!) stating that I was completely approved and to come in and sign the lease. They gave me a move-in date of August 16.

August 10: Went in to sign the lease. Could pick up the keys on August 15.

August 15: Picked up the keys to my shiny new studio.

August 16: Started to move in some things, but have needed to buy some more things that will fit my size/layout.

Overall, it was a pretty smooth experience (excepting that 1.5 month wait).

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear. Patience is most definitely a virtue in this case.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:31 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyknit View Post
Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this thread for a VERY long time, and I'm so grateful for the information you've shared. So now, I'd like to return the favor and share some information now that I've signed my lease and have moved in!

So the basics: low income applicant, log #: 44,070, CB preference

May 4, 2015: Received an email from Related requesting I make an appointment to meet with a coordinator to submit my documents.

May 12, 2015: Went to Related office in Chelsea and submitted all paperwork (income tax, paystubs, etc.)

June 17: Was out of the country and arrived this date. Checked my voicemail and found 2 messages from a Related leasing agent, asking if I was interested in seeing a unit they were considering offering me.

June 18: Went in and viewed the studio apartment they had in mind for me. I said I was interested and to proceed with the application. Agent said that he needed some paperwork to be approved and that he would call me to schedule an appt if I moved onto the next stage (i.e., city approval).

June 25: Went in to sign the final documents for city approval. Was told that I would have to wait anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks.

August 7: Got a call (about a month and a half later!) stating that I was completely approved and to come in and sign the lease. They gave me a move-in date of August 16.

August 10: Went in to sign the lease. Could pick up the keys on August 15.

August 15: Picked up the keys to my shiny new studio.

August 16: Started to move in some things, but have needed to buy some more things that will fit my size/layout.

Overall, it was a pretty smooth experience (excepting that 1.5 month wait).

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear. Patience is most definitely a virtue in this case.
That's awesome, do you have a view?

I have withdrawn my application (because I find the studios too small) and instead applying for a one bedroom at City Point in downtown Brooklyn.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 4,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That's awesome, do you have a view?
I'm on the 21st floor; the view is awesome!

Old 08-21-2015, 01:07 PM

15 posts, read 26,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyknit View Post
I'm on the 21st floor; the view is awesome!
CONGRATS!!!!!

It is apparent that everyone's journey throughout this process is different depending on the circumstances of the individual. Glad to see it worked out for you!

Old 08-21-2015, 01:26 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
anyone else find it annoying that they clean your windows for your arrival but then they clean the ones above yours (because they're filling the apartments from the ground up) and the water drips down and streaks your newly cleaned windows??

Old 08-21-2015, 01:37 PM

218 posts, read 473,453 times
For those who are moving in, in December. Do you know when they will re-check our paper work/income? I forgot what my agent told me.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:01 PM

46 posts, read 70,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
For those who are moving in, in December. Do you know when they will re-check our paper work/income? I forgot what my agent told me.
Was told this would happen sometime in November
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery